Quick hardware question [Use above sticky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

js1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I have a question. A guy I work with is giving me an xbox 360, he says it freezes when it starts up, any idea what the issue could be? Or any idea how much it would cost to get it repaired? If I can't fix it myself. I think it's an older model from launch or around that time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

to fix it would be $90 from MS and no u can't fix it yourself... it's on it's way to the dreaded RRoD and it was purchased around launch it's out of warranty

[quote name='eminemobied12']to fix it would be $90 from MS and no u can't fix it yourself... it's on it's way to the dreaded RRoD and it was purchased around launch it's out of warranty[/QUOTE]

Thanks! $90 bucks would not be too bad.

[quote name='Malik112099']Just call MS customer service. Tell them it has the RRoD. If it isn't 3 years old you just got yourself a free 360.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll do that. I just hope my co-worker does not forget to bring it. Another question, which is better a better picture vga or component?

[quote name='js1']Thanks, I'll do that. I just hope my co-worker does not forget to bring it. Another question, which is better a better picture vga or component?[/quote]

This can be argued for forever.

My situation:

My TV (Samsung HLS5687W) accepts 1080p over component and that is what I was using till I got the HD DVD add on. I now use VGA so that I can watch my HD DVDs in 1080p. I cannot tell the difference in games and my tv is 56 inches and I sit pretty close.

Well, I got the system. I did not hook it up yet, but I looked on the back and it says it was manufactured on 3/08. So does that mean that if it is the RROD that I can send it in for a new one?

Ok, I tried it out and it will not get to the dashboard. It freezes just as it starts up, what should I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back