Quick Insurance Question

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
If someone is driving ur car and crashes gets a ticket etc, whose insurance is responsible. ie if my friend drives my car and fucks it up will my insurance be fucked up or his?
Thanks

i think your insurance will have to pay for it cause you allow them to use your car.

this is where lawsuits come up cause you didnt cause it so you dont want to turn it into your insurance cause it will jack it up, but theirs wont pay for it so you demand the money from the dude but they will only give you 250 cause that was your decutable

man im going into my life story long story short I think its yours cause you allowed them to drive your car

ticket wise it will go on his record not yours but if your car is damaged your insurance has to pay

I got a ticket in someone else's car. I went to traffic school so no one's insurance got notice of it. But they did take the officer took the insurance info from that car.

[quote name='Supernothing'] But they did take the officer took the insurance info from that car.[/quote]

That made absolutely no sense whatsover. If your friend drives your car and crashes it, you get screwed, no questions asked. Only way out of it would be if he steals it, then you both get screwed.

That's stupid. I've only got insurance on me and my family on my car, and it's only liability. So if someone else wrecked it their insurance would have to pay for it or they would go to jail, right?

Your insurance would pay for your car. I think their insurance would pay for medical bills for both parties and for the other person's car. Assuming it is a fault state and maybe assuming that they have insurance. Then again your insurance may have to cover this as well since it was your car that caused the accident.

If you only have liability you are fucked.

Liability only doesn't pay for anything, so i think even if someone did steal your car and wrecked havoc you would still end up getting screwed in the end.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Supernothing'] But they did take the officer took the insurance info from that car.[/quote]

That made absolutely no sense whatsover. If your friend drives your car and crashes it, you get screwed, no questions asked. Only way out of it would be if he steals it, then you both get screwed.[/quote]

Too early.... should have said

But the officer took the insurance info from the car I was driving.

So had I not gone to traffic school it would have been on them.

Your insurance is car specific. My car insurance will not cover any kind of wreck, in any other car, but mine. Most car insurance policies will NOT cover anyone who is not named on the policy. That's why you have liability insurance. They know other people will eventually drive your car. Most, if not all, states require liability insurance.

It's usually not a smart idea to let friends drive your car. Unless you feel like getting stuck in the same situation.

If your friend crashes your car or gets hit by someone else, WHILE driving your car, your insurance pays. The insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver.

If your friend gets a ticket in your car, it will not affect your insurance, not unless they mistake him for you. The officer asks for insurance to make sure the vehicle is insured. However, any ticket/license point deduction will affect the driver's license, so his insurance will take the hit.

Confusing, but that's the way it works..
GS

bread's done
Back