Quick Question about Achievements and DLC

ProggleRock

CAGiversary!
If you complete and game and earn all of the achievements (thus granting you a little icon showing you've completed all the achievements for that game), when a DLC comes out and adds achievements, does the icon disappear? Personally I'm not much of an achievement hunter, but I can imagine this pissing off completionists who like to fully complete as many games as possible only to find out their list keeps shrinking as more achievements are added (that require purchasing).

The new DLC causes your icon to disappear. I had it happened to me with Scene It. I bought the DLC and I lost my icon.

Sucks too since I never could get that last one on the DLC.

[quote name='ProggleRock'] (thus granting you a little icon showing you've completed all the achievements for that game) [/QUOTE]

I've completed lots of games and no idea what you are talking about.

Yes. I lost mine for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when Vietnam came out. Granted, I will eventually get it back as long as I can get in the Huey for long enough to get 50 kills.

I think if you don't take another update it might not disappear from the list.

[quote name='theredworm']I've completed lots of games and no idea what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

On the Dashboard under My Xbox there's a screen (either the 2nd or 3rd from the left) which shows all of the games for which you've earned all achievements.

If you play the game again and update it, the status will change from 1000/1000 to 1000/1xxx and remove it from completed.

If you never play the game again it will never update on the dash, and stay as complete. I have a couple games I got 1000/200 on but never played them again, they show as complete but they have since had updates and I know they are beyond that.

If you log into your Xbox.com account though the games proper points are always up to date and wil not be complete there until you buy the DLS and do it.

As others have said, you'll only lose the icon if you pop in the game and update it. I still have mine for Borderlands. I rented the game when it was released and haven't it in system since.

[quote name='ProggleRock']If you complete and game and earn all of the achievements (thus granting you a little icon showing you've completed all the achievements for that game), when a DLC comes out and adds achievements, does the icon disappear? Personally I'm not much of an achievement hunter, but I can imagine this pissing off completionists who like to fully complete as many games as possible only to find out their list keeps shrinking as more achievements are added (that require purchasing).[/QUOTE]
Yeah it disappears so I hate it.Requiring me to buy the DLC to get it completed sucks.

bread's done
Back