Quick question about power trades at EB.

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
Sorry, I wanted to put this in an area where it would be seen.

When you power trade something (IE +50% credit)

Doesn't it just count as credit? I traded in Battlefield 3 for $25 + 50% credit, so $37.50
towards Halo Anniversary.

Now the total for the game would be $39.99 +tax $$45.19

However, since I'm using $37.50 credit, shouldn't I only have to pay tax on the remaining balance, which is $2.49? Which would be 33 cents.

I used credit and they charged me tax for the entire game. They took the credit off AFTER the taxes, so I had to pay $7.69

Is this new? Only on Power Trades? Or was I only supposed to pay tax on the remaining balance after credit. I thought that's how it worked. Perhaps EB has changed?

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Sorry, I wanted to put this in an area where it would be seen.

When you power trade something (IE +50% credit)

Doesn't it just count as credit? I traded in Battlefield 3 for $25 + 50% credit, so $37.50
towards Halo Anniversary.

Now the total for the game would be $39.99 +tax $$45.19

However, since I'm using $37.50 credit, shouldn't I only have to pay tax on the remaining balance, which is $2.49? Which would be 33 cents.

I used credit and they charged me tax for the entire game. They took the credit off AFTER the taxes, so I had to pay $7.69

Is this new? Only on Power Trades? Or was I only supposed to pay tax on the remaining balance after credit. I thought that's how it worked. Perhaps EB has changed?[/QUOTE]

For awhile now, every time I've done a pre-order that was fully paid this has happened. I've been told by the CSRs that it's sort of a glitch in the system where it can't properly interpret the taxes until the transaction is completed (when the game is picked up). You should get the difference back when you pick up the game.

they could calculate it correctly for you beforehand though. really its not that hard for them to do. 2.49x1.13 +37.50 = Deposit. 40.31

but yeah you will get the refund at pickup. however you paid for it will be refunded. New system has some bugs still.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Will they give me the $5 or will it be in EB credit?

BTW, thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE]

As long as you keep your receipt that shows the method of payment, I don't think they have any way to refuse you from getting it refunded in the same manner.

bread's done
Back