Quick question about the costco lifetime warranty?

Anybody know if they'll give me the difference back on an item that drops in price soon?

The reason I ask is because I'm contemplating buying an LCD TV from them and I have a strong feeling that in the next few weeks they'll probably lower the price. The problem is I want the TV now! So if it goes on sale soon, will they refund me the difference like other stores will?

1. It's not lifetime; it's 2 years. Computers are 6 months.
2. If you want a price adjustment it's 30 days after you buy it. However if it's passed the 30 days just return it and rebuy it at the lower price.

[quote name='sonderiaom']1. It's not lifetime; it's 2 years. Computers are 6 months.
2. If you want a price adjustment it's 30 days after you buy it. However if it's passed the 30 days just return it and rebuy it at the lower price.[/QUOTE]

Two years for TV's or Ipods, or everything now?

Regardless, 2 years is still pretty damn good.

[quote name='gofishn']Two years for TV's or Ipods, or everything now?

Regardless, 2 years is still pretty damn good.[/quote]

2 years for everything besides computers. So you can even take back some milk if it expires before it's supposed to.

Exceptions are 6 months for computers.
As well, I know for a fact that they won't take back the fruit or veggie trays.

The "lifetime" warranty thing was true, more or less a while ago, but lately it's only 2 years. They won't say it anywhere, but if you ask them straight-out they'll tell you. But if you make enough of a stink, you'll be able to return things up to 5 years.

[quote name='sonderiaom']2 years for everything besides computers. So you can even take back some milk if it expires before it's supposed to.

Exceptions are 6 months for computers.
As well, I know for a fact that they won't take back the fruit or veggie trays.

The "lifetime" warranty thing was true, more or less a while ago, but lately it's only 2 years. They won't say it anywhere, but if you ask them straight-out they'll tell you. But if you make enough of a stink, you'll be able to return things up to 5 years.[/QUOTE]

There is NO two year return policy on anything in the store. You are correct about computers at six months, but the two year policy is incorrect. It may just be your store management that does this, but company wide it is still a 100% double guarantee to refund your money (products & membership). Not really sure why they wont take back the fruit and veggie trays? Sounds like someone at your store needs to find a new job and get out of the membership department.

There were rumors flying around the net about us changing our return policy on TVs, but they were false. Our company management is going to try everything else before anything else with our return policy is changed.

Ipods are covered under our 100% guarantee, but of course as a company we would prefer that you try and utilize the Apple warranty first.

Hope this helps. :)

[quote name='marctina']There is NO two year return policy on anything in the store. You are correct about computers at six months, but the two year policy is incorrect. It may just be your store management that does this, but company wide it is still a 100% double guarantee to refund your money (products & membership). Not really sure why they wont take back the fruit and veggie trays? Sounds like someone at your store needs to find a new job and get out of the membership department.

There were rumors flying around the net about us changing our return policy on TVs, but they were false. Our company management is going to try everything else before anything else with our return policy is changed.

Ipods are covered under our 100% guarantee, but of course as a company we would prefer that you try and utilize the Apple warranty first.

Hope this helps. :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm definitely buying that TV then. I have no problems with buying an "off-brand" TV since if there is something wrong with it I can just take it back to the store.

[quote name='gofishn']Nice, I'm definitely buying that TV then. I have no problems with buying an "off-brand" TV since if there is something wrong with it I can just take it back to the store.[/QUOTE]

The thing to remember is that any "off brand" TV we sell is usually of a higher quality. Why is that? Because we have a 100% guarantee and do not want them all back :). Vizio is one of our top sellers and a great value for the money. I highly recommend you check them out in the store. The LCD HDTVs go from 20" all the way to 60" soon. Many good deals in our recent coupon book.

[quote name='marctina']The thing to remember is that any "off brand" TV we sell is usually of a higher quality. Why is that? Because we have a 100% guarantee and do not want them all back :). Vizio is one of our top sellers and a great value for the money. I highly recommend you check them out in the store. The LCD HDTVs go from 20" all the way to 60" soon. Many good deals in our recent coupon book.[/QUOTE]

Well I believe the one I want is only sold through Costco.com, but I've read excellent reviews about it on AVSForum and other sites. Here is the link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...16&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

42 inches of 1080p beauty at a bargain price! I have considered the Vizios as well though, I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm currently debating on whether or not it's really worth it to spend quite a bit more for a slightly larger TV that can display at 1080p. If I were to order this TV, and something was wrong with it, I could take it to any Costco to return it, correct?

[quote name='marctina']There is NO two year return policy on anything in the store. You are correct about computers at six months, but the two year policy is incorrect. It may just be your store management that does this, but company wide it is still a 100% double guarantee to refund your money (products & membership). Not really sure why they wont take back the fruit and veggie trays? Sounds like someone at your store needs to find a new job and get out of the membership department.

Hope this helps. :)[/quote]

Well thanks so much for that, you don't happen to work in Colorado do you?

[quote name='gofishn']Well I believe the one I want is only sold through Costco.com, but I've read excellent reviews about it on AVSForum and other sites. Here is the link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...16&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

42 inches of 1080p beauty at a bargain price! I have considered the Vizios as well though, I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm currently debating on whether or not it's really worth it to spend quite a bit more for a slightly larger TV that can display at 1080p. If I were to order this TV, and something was wrong with it, I could take it to any Costco to return it, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can take any product you order on the website and return it for a full refund at any warehouse. They will even refund the shipping costs, so there really is no risk at all.

The 47" Vizion goes on sale next monday for $1650ish after the coupon. So far it looks like another great set from them :).

[quote name='jagwire1141']Well thanks so much for that, you don't happen to work in Colorado do you?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't work in Colorado. I work in Washington State :)

[quote name='marctina']No, I don't work in Colorado. I work in Washington State :)[/quote]

Well thanks a bunch. I picked up my 80 gig tonight and confirmed the warranty. The $10 off msrp was nice too.

I love shopping at Costco so much, I drive 250 miles to my closest store at least once a month. I have only ever taken 1 thing back (a pair of pants that just didnt fit right) in all the years Ive had a membership. Their return policy is great, but for heavens sake, dont abuse it. Thats what got the computer policy changed. I'd hate for it to turn into something like best buy who tracks you and lets you make 3 returns a year.

[quote name='uli2000']I love shopping at Costco so much, I drive 250 miles to my closest store at least once a month. I have only ever taken 1 thing back (a pair of pants that just didnt fit right) in all the years Ive had a membership. Their return policy is great, but for heavens sake, dont abuse it. Thats what got the computer policy changed. I'd hate for it to turn into something like best buy who tracks you and lets you make 3 returns a year.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, a very small percentage of people ever abuse the return policy. One thing that we do now more than ever is track our members shopping and return habits. It doesn't happen very often, but in the extreme case we have someone returning a lot of stuff, the store manager can cut them off. So in a way we are like other stores, but have the advantage of a membership card that tracks everything you buy. I wouldn't worry about any of our policies changing anytime soon.

When I buy that TV I don't anticipate returning it all. In fact, I sincerely hope it never comes down to that. Knowing that I have that great return policy behind me however, makes me much more willing to spend a little more on a TV that doesn't have the brand name pedigree that others do. Costco kicks ass!

[quote name='uli2000']I love shopping at Costco so much, I drive 250 miles to my closest store at least once a month. I have only ever taken 1 thing back (a pair of pants that just didnt fit right) in all the years Ive had a membership. Their return policy is great, but for heavens sake, dont abuse it. Thats what got the computer policy changed. I'd hate for it to turn into something like best buy who tracks you and lets you make 3 returns a year.[/quote]

I know, I don't plan on abusing it. It's just nice that you can't buy a warranty this good and costco gives it to you AND saves you ten dollars off of the total price.

Noooooooooo! The TV I was going to buy is no longer listed on the website! Anyone know if they'll be putting it back up or is it gone for good?

My local Costco would not do price adjustment. They will tell you to simply return it and rebuy it in the store, including defective (read: opened) DVDs :)

Anyway, Costco is running $250 off the Vizio 47" 1080p LCD HDTV this week, which is $1899 before discount. So, $1649 out the door!

Has anyone seen any review on this TV?

[quote name='eau']My local Costco would not do price adjustment. They will tell you to simply return it and rebuy it in the store, including defective (read: opened) DVDs :)

Anyway, Costco is running $250 off the Vizio 47" 1080p LCD HDTV this week, which is $1899 before discount. So, $1649 out the door!

Has anyone seen any review on this TV?[/QUOTE]

If you want any info or opinions on the Vizio I suggest this thread over at AVS Fourms:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=777914

It's a shame Vizio doesn't make smaller televisions, at least I haven't seen them around. Their 40+ inches are pretty reasonable, so I think a LCD television around the 30 inch mark would be ridiculously cheap.

[quote name='yukine']It's a shame Vizio doesn't make smaller televisions, at least I haven't seen them around. Their 40+ inches are pretty reasonable, so I think a LCD television around the 30 inch mark would be ridiculously cheap.[/quote]

It was either their 37" or their 32" that was $699, can't quite remember which. But that also shows that they are out there.

If they made a 42" or 37" 1080p I'd be all over it. The 47" is too big for the spot on my wall where I want to put it, and a little too much money as well.

[quote name='marctina']If you want any info or opinions on the Vizio I suggest this thread over at AVS Fourms:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=777914[/quote] Thanks! It will be a good read to decide if I want to jump on this deal. Bought a Sceptre 32" a month ago but it has a couple of dead pixels. It will be going back sooner or later when I find a good deal on another TV from Costco. Now if I should fork out the extra $1,050...

I make all my purchases at costco if possible because of their return policy. So many times I've bought electronics that end up dying a little after a year and Costco purchasing is a great insurance policy. I could probably buy my Xbox 360 for cheaper elsewhere but Costco gives me a hassle free return policy if it breaks.

bread's done
Back