Quick question

Who's The Twitch Now?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I have a 30 inch standard-def TV in my basement, which all my systems are hooked up to through a 5-input composite/component box (the kind you can get at Gamestop). Recently, I picked up Wii component cables, as my SDTV does have one set of component inputs. I took the composite cables for the Wii out of the box, and hooked the Wii up directly to the TV with the component cables.

This is what I want to know:

If I plug the Wii component cables (and any others) into the box, and connect the box to the TV through its included composite cables (as I had been doing), will I be able to get component-quality video from my Wii, despite the component cables not being directly connected to the TV's component inputs? Or, alternatively, if I connect the box to the TV through its included component cables [At least, I think it has them], what kind of picture quality will I get from my other systems?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, sort of, and no, sort of. Composite cables work just fine. There is no actual difference between composite and component cables themselves. They just carry a signal. What you're going to run into is no audio. With the three video cables, you'll have no room left for any audio.

However, what you're trying to do is hook this all up to your composite port on your TV. This is what doesn't work. It would work for your other consoles, but not the Wii. It's the opposite problem if you're trying to hook it up through the component port.

It's very confusing, but the short answer above is right: No.

Just hook the Wii directly to the TV and leave everything else where it is.

bread's done
Back