Quick Rock Band/Guitar Hero Question

riccaboni

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi guys, this one has probably been answered a million times before but...

I just picked up Guitar Hero 1 for PS2 on clearance at Target. I have Rock Band for PS3. Will the guitar work? If not, anyone up for a sealed copy of Guitar Hero 1? ;)

Thanks!

Nope, your better off just selling the game if your were intending to use it on the PS3 exclusively.

Generally you're screwed if you're a RB/GH fan and only own the PS3. The GH3 guitar will only work with GH3 and not previous PS2 versions of GH. I've read that you can buy a ps2/ps3 adapter but the PS2 guitars still don't work right for playing the older games.

If you own an xbox 360, the guitars work on both games (RB/GH) and you could buy/download all the GH content (except for the 80s game) and play both games while only cluttering your house up with one guitar. It sucks and you can blame activision for being pricks about it.

There was talk of a 3rd party guitar (I wanna say Nyko Frontman, but I could be wrong) being able to work for all GH/RB games on the PS3 but it wasn't confirmed last I heard.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, the only way you can get GH1 to work on PS3 with a guitar is if you use a PS2 guitar with an adapter. GH2 and above will not work that way.[/quote]

Even that isn't foolproof.

[quote name='Duckbutt']Even that isn't foolproof.[/QUOTE]Some adapters work, like the Pelican one and the TAC adapter from what I heard. Most adapters don't work (Or if they do, the whammy bar doesn't work).

bread's done
Back