Quitting IPOD, need help

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So, I've used itunes for years and I really enjoy the software. However, I don't think my next player is going to be an ipod. I realize that all my music purchased from the official itunes store will have to be burned to a disc and then ripped back in to a non-drm format already. Not a problem, I've only bought a few songs. But, I do have a few questions...

Is there a quick way to get my non-drm AAC songs to mp3 format other than manually converting them all via itunes?

What software do you all use for listening and organizing your music? Will any of this same software let me rip music and burn to a disc?

^That last one might be an ignorant question. But years ago, I had one software to play music, another to burn discs, and another to rip Cds. There have obviously been advances in music software. I've just become so reliant on itunes for doing everything for me. Also, I'm running Windows XP.

P.S. I have nothing against Apple or the ipod, I've just found an non-Apple player I want and figured it was time to switch.

A better way of stripping DRM other than a CD would be to use JHymn. It will strip all of your iTunes downloaded songs of their DRM provided you still have the username/pass tied to the original song. JHymn will also allow you to convert MP4 to MP3, WAV, ect. in the same process.

As far as software, I don't know. You could check out Songbird, but I don't know much about it, and seems to still be in early development.

Well, for software, I'm looking right now at Winamp (but it costs money to unlock the good features) or MediaMonkey (which I know nothing about) or just using Windows Media Player 11.

What do you guys use?

Winamp is excellent, and you don't need to pay to use your day-to-day features.

Mediamonkey is good for organizing a large library.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Winamp is excellent, and you don't need to pay to use your day-to-day features.
[/QUOTE]

So, I can rip and burn with the regular version? Also, it says it now has "ipod support." Anyone use an ipod with winamp? I'd like to still use the old ipod I have.

[quote name='R1V3R5']So, I can rip and burn with the regular version? Also, it says it now has "ipod support." Anyone use an ipod with winamp? I'd like to still use the old ipod I have.[/QUOTE]

There might be some speed restrictions with the ripping in the free version.

I use my Ipod with Winamp. Works much better than that piece of shit Itunes.

[quote name='Liquid 2']There might be some speed restrictions with the ripping in the free version.

I use my Ipod with Winamp. Works much better than that piece of shit Itunes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man! Looks like I'm on the right track. I'll more than likely go the Winamp route and if I feel I need the extra features, I'll just pony up the $20.

i still mess with itunes above all....it plays my music successfully, which is all i need!

bread's done
Back