R.I.P. Bill Walsh / Official National Football League Topic (NFL)

DT778

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Link

Bill Walsh, the groundbreaking football coach who won three Super Bowls and perfected the ingenious schemes that became known as the West Coast offense during a Hall of Fame career with the San Francisco 49ers, has died. He was 75. Walsh died at his Woodside home Monday morning following a long battle with leukemia.
He was a great man, not only for the 49ers but for the whole sport of football.

sanfran3medzk5.gif

saw this today, very sad news. walsh was the best, i grew up in northern california and watched him coach the niners every week. he did us good.

Even if you never liked the niners, chances are this guy directly affected your team in a positive way. I mean just think of all the coaches and ideas that came out of his system! Truly remarkable and pure football genius. R.I.P.

Micheal Irvin, Thurman Thomas, Gene Hickerson, Bruce Matthews, Charlie Sanders, and Roger Wehrli are getting inducted into the Hall of Fame today.

Link

How many years after retirement does a player have to wait until they are eligible for the hall? I want to figure out when Jerry Rice will be in there.

Looks like Ditka and the retired players won at least part of the battle for more bennefits. Mainly it's going to include coverage for knee, shoulder, and hip replacements. Way to go Iron Mike!

FOXSports

[quote name='DT778']How many years after retirement does a player have to wait until they are eligible for the hall? I want to figure out when Jerry Rice will be in there.[/quote]

5 years after retirement, I believe.

Damn... seems like forever until even preseason starts. Just finished writing down the games for both my teams on my calendar (Vikes and Pats).

Speaking of the Pats.... since I'm out of the loop a bit what the heck happened with Cory Dillion during the off season? I first noticed him no longer being on the Pats after seeing that FansEdge.com has his jerseys on clearance. Thanks for any info in advance.

Being from San Diego I'm no 49ers fan but I'll be damned if they weren't an incredible team under his leadership. He really shaped football around the time that I started paying attention to it and for that I owe him a debt of gratitude. RIP Bill Walsh.

Pre-season games started yesterday. Not like anyone really cares but it does indicate that we are that much closer to the greatest time of the year. Also the Bills have the worst uniforms in the league. They made a good decision by keeping the helmet but jersey and pants are just garbage.

[quote name='DT778']Pre-season games started yesterday. Not like anyone really cares but it does indicate that we are that much closer to the greatest time of the year. Also the Bills have the worst uniforms in the league. They made a good decision by keeping the helmet but jersey and pants are just garbage.[/quote]

The HOF Game PIT vs. NO was last weekend. It is just the preseason, but it's always good to see your team sharp in action. What sucks during the preseason are the injuries, such as Kenny Irons for the Bengals out for the season with an ACL tear.

I usually just watch a quarter or two if I'm interested at all.

[quote name='DT778']Pre-season games started yesterday. Not like anyone really cares but it does indicate that we are that much closer to the greatest time of the year. Also the Bills have the worst uniforms in the league. They made a good decision by keeping the helmet but jersey and pants are just garbage.[/quote]

Did they change their uniforms again, or are they the same hideous ones they have had for the past few years?

bread's done
Back