R*I*P Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G.

[quote name='Rich']Biggie's lyrics were shaq-fuing horrible.[/quote]

you are "shaq-fuing" retarded.

In The Commision, you ask for permission to hit 'em
He don't like me, hit him while wifey was with him
You heard of us, the murderous, most shady
Been on the low lately, the feds hate me
The son of satan, they say my killin's too blatant
You hesitatin', I'm in your mama crib waitin'
Duct tapin', your fam' destiny
lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Rhyme a few bars so I can buy a few cars
When I kick a few flows so I can pimp a few hoes
Excellence is my presence, never tense
Never hesitant, leave a nigga bent real quick
Real sick, wrong nights, I perform like Mike
Anyone Tyson, Jordan, Jackson
action, pack guns, ridiculous
And I'm, quick to bust, if my ends you touch
Kids or girl you touch, in this world I clutch
Two auto-matos, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
militant, y'all faggots ain't killin' shit
Ooops Cristal keep spillin shit, you overdid it homes
You in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone
Hold hands and say it like me
The most shady, Frankie baby, fantastic
Graphic, tryin to make dough, like Jurassic
Park did quick to spark kids who start shit
See me, only me
The Underboss of this holocaust
Truly yours, Frank White

We got the shit, mac tight, brass-knuckles and flashlights
The heaters in the two-seaters with two midas
Senoritas, kiss rings when you meet us
P. Diddy run the city, show no pity
I'm the witty one, Frank the crook from the brook
Matty broke the neck of your coke connect
No respect squeeze off 'till all y'all diminish
Shootouts for twenty minutes, until we finish
Venice took the loot, escaped, in the Coupe
Break bread, with the 'Kiss, Peniro, Sheek Luc'
Black Rob joined the Mob, it ain't no replacin' him
Niggas step up, with just Mase and 'em
placin' them in funerals, criminals turned aroused
To Brick City, nobody come off like P. Diddy
Business wise, I play men
Hide money on the Island Cayman, y'all just betray men
We spray men, I position, competition
Another day in the life, of the Comission

Big was one of the greatest lyricists ever.

"I get more butt than ashtrays"

"Honeys play me close, like butter played toast"

RIP Biggie.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='plastikpyro']Looks like the majority on this board listens to Country and Britney Spears. I seriously doubt any rappers by today standards comes even close to creating the original lyrics and beats Notorious once did. Of all the artists these days I can't even play through an entire CD without having to skip tracks to find a good song.[/quote]

So, you either like rap or country and britney? How old are you? I only really like mid 90's gangsta rap, and I don't like new hip hop at all. I like new age, goth, accoustic guitar, atmospheric, industrial (all with female voices, rarely like male voices) etc. I like some things outside of that (such as tori amos) too.[/quote]

i listen to mostly everything...except for country...and even though i hate country music almost with a passion, i respect the opinions of those who like it......no matter how many times i hear a country song about pick-up trucks, dogs and exes, id never laugh at the death of a country artist...unless of course, he died from an overdose of masturbating to sblymnlcrmnyls (spellcheck) avatars and sigs

iT not that they are great lyricists...They had such an impact in the game that they made changes in the rap game...they deserved to be remembered and not laughed at...everyone from Busta to Jay-Z was influenced by them in some way...i just hate it when people try to look too too deep into lyrics..BIG's lyrics werent fucking horrible...they fit whatever he wanted he say either it be about hoes or bitches...but he got the message accross..
last thing East vs West was media bullshit..and if happens it will involve 50 and The Game

[quote name='Quatli'][quote name='Rich']Biggie's lyrics were shaq-fuing horrible.[/quote]

you are "shaq-fuing" retarded.[/quote]

You're quoting fucking why? You do realize there's a filter that turns f u c k into shaq-fu, right?

All gangsta rap lyrics are horrible. ALL.

Wasn't Biggie a drug dealer???? Some of my students listen to his shit and I don't care what anyone says it glamorizes all that gang and dealing shit. You should hear how some of my students talk. 6th graders at that.

Wasn't Biggie a drug dealer???? Some of my students listen to his shit and I don't care what anyone says it glamorizes all that gang and dealing shit. You should hear how some of my students talk. 6th graders at that.

Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.

the best rappers of all time are still alive (i think):

kriss_kross-front.jpg

[quote name='daphatty']The Best Rapper of all time died on September 13th, 1996. His name was Tupac Shakur.[/quote]

true dat, true dat

[quote name='Rich']Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.[/quote]

They are kind of the same thing. Hip-hop is more of a "life-style", and rap is a genre.

[quote name='daphatty']The Best Rapper of all time died on September 13th, 1996. His name was Tupac Shakur.[/quote]

No question. Although not my favorite, definitely the best.

[quote name='thatstoobad']the best rappers of all time are still alive (i think):

kriss_kross-front.jpg
[/quote]

JUMP! JUMP!

[quote name='Rich']Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.[/quote]

Sex isn't suitable? Four of my favorite artists are tori amos, ani difranco, kate bush, and bjork and according to you none of them are suitable. In bjork's pagan poetry they show up close sexual intercourse (though they alter it so it's all white and you only see the grey outlines) and she's topless throughout the entire video. It's also a lot more tasteful and suitable than what you'd see on mtv.

Also, if you listen to late 80's- mid 90's gangsta rap (the only rap I know that well), there's less sex and especially less money than there is in new hip hop videos.

[quote name='Greetard']

They are kind of the same thing. Hip-hop is more of a "life-style", and rap is a genre. [/quote]

Not really. Rap and hip hop are two different styles of music.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Sex isn't suitable? Four of my favorite artists are tori amos, ani difranco, kate bush, and bjork and according to you none of them are suitable. In bjork's pagan poetry they show up close sexual intercourse (though they alter it so it's all white and you only see the grey outlines) and she's topless throughout the entire video. It's also a lot more tasteful and suitable than what you'd see on mtv. [/quote]

That's completely different. When they start singing about how they use "bitches" and "whores", then you can make a case.

Also, if you listen to late 80's- mid 90's gangsta rap (the only rap I know that well), there's less sex and especially less money than there is in new hip hop videos.

Most new rap sucks. Hip-hop doesn't have much of that, though. At least not what I listen to. I can respect Eminem for rapping about shit that matters to him, even though I hate his music.

[quote name='Greetard'][quote name='Rich']Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.[/quote]

They are kind of the same thing. Hip-hop is more of a "life-style", and rap is a genre. [/quote]

Actually, rap (as in rapping) is one of the elements of hip-hop music. It would be much more accurate to describe rap as a part of the greater whole of hip-hop than the other way around.

[quote name='Greetard'][quote name='daphatty']The Best Rapper of all time died on September 13th, 1996. His name was Tupac Shakur.[/quote]

No question. Although not my favorite, definitely the best.

[/quote]

I'm surprised that seemingly everyone here thinks Biggie or Pac are the greatest rappers of all time. I think that they are both very, very good, and deserve to be in the top 10 or so, but I just can't see them as better than legends such as Chuck D or KRS-One.

It's one thing to write a song about sex in a round about kinda way (i.e. a lot of country music songs). It's something totally different when you're listening to lyrics that are in your face about it. Kinda like the difference between wanting to "fuck" and wanting to "Make Love". It used to be you would hear a song as a young kid and have NO idea what they were talking about until you were much older. Now a lot of lyrics are just straight to the point and aimed at a MUCH younger audience, which I'm sorry, is just wrong.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']What?[/quote]

I SAID: Shiiiiiiiit biotch, you dunno da notorious BIG. damn cracka you best stop frontin fore i roll up in your hood and bust a cap in your whizite ass.

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouf?[/quote]

"Quick Lois, he's speaking in tounges!! Meg, start at psalm 46 and don't stop til I tell you!"

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Greetard'][quote name='Rich']Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.[/quote]

Actually, rap (as in rapping) is one of the elements of hip-hop music. It would be much more accurate to describe rap as a part of the greater whole of hip-hop than the other way around.[/quote]

That's actually what I was trying to say, but I'm tired and couldn't word it right. :)

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='daphatty']The Best Rapper of all time died on September 13th, 1996. His name was Tupac Shakur.[/quote]

Tupac didnt die silly. He faked his own death. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, he is going to drop his new shit next spring.

[quote name='Rich']I care not about his death nor 2pac's. They both sucked about 85% of the time and neither is as good as most rap today. And with that said, gangsta rap in general and anything about "bitches, cars, and money" just sucks ass in general.[/quote]

[quote name='Rich']Most new rap sucks. Hip-hop doesn't have much of that, though. At least not what I listen to. I can respect Eminem for rapping about shit that matters to him, even though I hate his music.[/quote]

[quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='daphatty']The Best Rapper of all time died on September 13th, 1996. His name was Tupac Shakur.[/quote]

Tupac didnt die silly. He faked his own death. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, he is going to drop his new shit next spring.[/quote]

I know you're joking but i think pac has an album in the next couple of months.

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='Rich']I care not about his death nor 2pac's. They both sucked about 85% of the time and neither is as good as most rap today. And with that said, gangsta rap in general and anything about "bitches, cars, and money" just sucks ass in general.[/quote]

[quote name='Rich']Most new rap sucks. Hip-hop doesn't have much of that, though. At least not what I listen to. I can respect Eminem for rapping about shit that matters to him, even though I hate his music.[/quote][/quote]

Yes. rap. not hiphop.

To bad all the shitty rapper won't die now. The world would be such a better place w/o 50 cent and M&M's shitty music. Burn in hell rappers.

[quote name='Quatli']I wonder how you would feel if one of your indie rock or techno or whaterver the hell you listen to idols died and people were dicks about it instead of respecting them.. Lot of ignorance on these forums.[/quote]

I think I'd shrug my shoulders and move on with my life. If it really upsets you that a bunch of anonymous people are cracking jokes about someone you didn't know who died 8 years ago then maybe you need to get your priorities in order...

[quote name='zewone']Wow a lot of assholes. I hope a ton of people say corny jokes about your deaths too. Rest in peace BIG.[/quote]

Exactly.

p.s. love your avatar dude.

This site must be full of a bunch of friigin kids, cause yall are actin like ignorant as*holes.

Nobody was saying all of this shit when dimebag darryl died. Biased as*holes!

[quote name='NegativeZero']This site must be full of a bunch of friigin kids, cause yall are actin like ignorant as*holes.

Nobody was saying all of this shit when dimebag darryl died. Biased as*holes![/quote]

*sigh* OK....

Dimebag Darryl? Don't you mean Bodybag Darryl? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='NegativeZero']This site must be full of a bunch of friigin kids, cause yall are actin like ignorant as*holes.

Nobody was saying all of this shit when dimebag darryl died. Biased as*holes![/quote]

*sigh* OK....

Dimebag Darryl? Don't you mean Bodybag Darryl? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Now that....that's just F'd up.

Whether people like him or not, it is never a good thing when a young person who was or is on the wrong path, gets snuffed out before they can change.

If people want to say RIP BIG, I think they should be able to. Personally, I think the environment that Biggie and Tupac thrived in was unhealthy and was going to catch up to them sooner than later. I find it sadder when someone like Jam Master Jay, who by most accounts did not live like Biggie or Tupac, gets gunned down.

As for greatest lyricist, that is always debatable. A lot of people give that title only to people who represent thug or street life and that's unfair to guys like Doug E. Fresh and KRS One.

[quote name='bowmanarmy']What did he do in life, besides drag the black people down even more?[/quote]

That's part of the reason I am selective in the hip-hop I still listen to.

[quote name='integralsmatic']BIG's lyrics werent shaq-fuing horrible...they fit whatever he wanted he say either it be about hoes or bitches[/quote]

Yep, that was pretty much the range of Mr. Small's musical oeuvre. Not that I hated him, some of his songs were alright. But to call him (or Tupac, for that matter) the greatest EVER?

Puh-leeeze. :roll:

[quote name='"Zman310"'][quote name='Greetard'][quote name='Rich']Sex drugs and money are not suitable topics for any music. Sort of why rap sucks (and by rap I mean gangsta rap) and hip-hop is so much more an art, IMO.[/quote]

Actually, rap (as in rapping) is one of the elements of hip-hop music. It would be much more accurate to describe rap as a part of the greater whole of hip-hop than the other way around.

[quote name='"Greetard"']

cmon kids, havent we learned anything from krs one... rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live

[quote name='Zman310']I'm surprised that seemingly everyone here thinks Biggie or Pac are the greatest rappers of all time. I think that they are both very, very good, and deserve to be in the top 10 or so, but I just can't see them as better than legends such as Chuck D or KRS-One.[/quote]

Not all, but I'd certainly vouch for those two. I'd also put Rakim near the top of that list -- probably behind Chuck and ahead of KRS, but that's just me.

[quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='Zman310']I'm surprised that seemingly everyone here thinks Biggie or Pac are the greatest rappers of all time. I think that they are both very, very good, and deserve to be in the top 10 or so, but I just can't see them as better than legends such as Chuck D or KRS-One.[/quote]

Not all, but I'd certainly vouch for those two. I'd also put Rakim near the top of that list -- probably behind Chuck and ahead of KRS, but that's just me.[/quote]

Yeah, I know that there are a lot who consider Rakim the greatest of all time. The only reason I didn't list him is because, unfortunately, I have not heard a lot of his work yet, only one solo album (which I haven't listened to a ton) and a couple of Eric B & Rakim songs.

[quote name='Rich']I care not about his death nor 2pac's. They both sucked about 85% of the time and neither is as good as most rap today.[/quote]

Come again?

Tupac's rap is the only rap I can tolerate.

Someone made the point about dimebag darryl, everyone had respect for him when he died. If I remember correctly, someone made a joke and a bunch of people got pissed off. This is the opposite here.

Though, unlike biggie, some of tupacs songs actually had a very good message. Off the top of my head there's- changes, life goes on, unconditional love, and ones about respecting women- keep ya head up, papa'z song, brenda's got a baby, dear mama. Sure some, particularly california love, is exactly what I hate about hip hop, but many of his songs have something more than most other rappers, including biggie.

For all the respect dimebag got, I don't think he wrote any songs with a positive social message.

[quote name='iheartmetal']

cmon kids, havent we learned anything from krs one... rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live[/quote]

So now India Arie and Alicia Keys

bread's done
Back