R-Type Final @ ebgames.com

It's actually supposed to be released today, at that price. I haven't found it in any stores yet, though.

I was in a Gamestop yesterday, and saw the box and asked when it was coming out and the guy said "Tomorrow", so I asked how much it was and he said "$52.99". :shock:

There's NO WAY it's going to be that much! I don't even think I'm going to go back there even just to see if it's in!

I will have them to ship tomorrow and I have them at $26.99

Dont let these slip by you like Ikaruga did.

R-Type Final at VGD for $26.99

ps2rtype.jpg

I can't know that. As it stands Ikaruga is sold out and I think the Best Buy offer at $19.99 is about as good as it gets.

Now can we talk about R-TYPE FINAL.

R-Type final will suck. now hear me out, the game will be THE greatest shooter ever, but thats not why i said it will suck. it will suck because it is probably the last game in the r-type series, which is my favorite second only to metal slug. i love r-type so much, i even have the original arcade machine of the first one, made by nintendo. i was so sad to see the series end. r-type delta is already great, and if you can find it, r-type leo is a great change from the norm. why o why cant they make more after this one?

That doesn't mean it will suck. The fact that it is the last one sucks, but it doesn't mean the game will suck.

I'm not even that big an R-Type fan (I'm looking forward to Gradius V a lot more), but there's no way I'm missing out on this.

I have a fierce hatred for R-type...thats not to say it's not a great game, after seeing Delta I'n certain this one will rock hard but R-type likes raping me leaving me feeling used in general and I have a feeling this one ,will al these unlockable ships and what not, is going to be extra hungry. :(

umm...the price is 50 cents above my cost...how much lower should I sell it for?

I am just trying to create some offers and deals.

actually my ikaruga from bestbuy just shipped last week, months after i ordered.

i think what it took was actually *not* calling in to extend when i got the e-mail that they were going to cancel my order this time. shady, eh?

and of course I already own the game by now, so my new copy will probably end up on ebay once it arrives.

I can't wait to get this game. It will bring back memories of playing R-Type 1 on my Sega Master System. I love old school shooters.

and I'm still happy I managed to find Ikaruga at the previous Circuit City sale.

Defender, I pre-ordered R-Type Final from you for $29.99. Can I also get this game for $26.99 as you advertised in this forum? Thanks.

IKARUGA IKARUGA! Jeez..is that all anyone can talk about.

And yean Tim...I just sent you $3 voucher you can use on your next purchase.

[quote name='defender']IKARUGA IKARUGA! Jeez..is that all anyone can talk about. [/quote]

That's cause it's the best shooter this generation :p

Not to steer this thread further off topic, but those still looking for Ikaruga who don't want to get shafted by BestBuy.com or Outpost.com, check out Computers4Sure.com. It's $18.95 there. $6.75 shipping cost. Order $50 or more and the order is shipped free. I ordered 3 last Friday for me and my friends, and the order shipped yesterday.

Good company and service too. They're a subsidary of OfficeDepot/TechDepot I think. Here's the link:

http://www.computers4sure.com/Product.asp?ProductID=1675262

19 in stock as of this posting.

[quote name='misbitski'] check out Computers4Sure.com. It's $18.95 there. $6.75 shipping cost. Order $50 or more and the order is shipped free.
...They're a subsidary of OfficeDepot/TechDepot I think. [/quote]

I think they actually go off of TechDepot's inventory as well, so that means between Amazon(via Tech Depot)/Tech Depot/Computers4Sure there are 19 left...

[quote name='Wapcaplet']Fry's ad in the LA area today also listed it at $19.95 upon release.[/quote]

too bad they sold out online before I was able to pick it up :(

and I think $6.75 is absolutely ridiculous for a shipping charge on a single video game, despite the cheap price at Tech Depot/Computers4Sure :roll:

[quote name='Alpha2']Never pay more than 50 bucks for ANY game disk before tax, that's my motto.[/quote]

hell yeah, that is why you post on this site isn't it?

Got my copy of R-Type final from Video Game Deals yesterday. This game is awesome. Killer graphics and sound. If you like shooters, you must get this game. I'm a big fan of Ikaruga as well, and this game is even better. It has 5 difficulty levels and many checkpoints (you don't see the checkpoints) so you don't have to repeat the entire level. Can't say enough about this game. Don't hesitate. Get it.

guys, is this on a DVD or blue CD? My PS2 after 3 years finally stopped reading reg. CD games and I want to know if this is on DVD because I want another shooter because the $9.99 gem known as Mobile Light Force 2 is unplayable now because it's a blue disc.

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']guys, is this on a DVD or blue CD? My PS2 after 3 years finally stopped reading reg. CD games and I want to know if this is on DVD because I want another shooter because the $9.99 gem known as Mobile Light Force 2 is unplayable now because it's a blue disc.[/quote]

wow....
here we go really offf topic ....

its a valid question.... but hey you do know there is a makeshift solution for the blue cd based games right?

simply place four one inch long pieces of scotch tape in a square around the printed side of the cd. get the pieces of tape as close to the spinhole as possible..

you may not be up for it if you are all crazy about disc condition... but it wont do much harm if you use the right tape....
works for me everytime.

never had a problem.....
and it lets me enjoy the wonders of Ico, Maximo, Rez, RAD, Stretch Panic, Everblue 2 and many more....

good luck with it...

and back to the question... not sure if R-Type is blue cd or DVD...
anyone else?

The sooner youget on the phone to sony about your system the sooner you can get it back from them fixed to play ALL your games.

bread's done
Back