R-Type first Turbo Grafix game for 800 points

maxg

CAGiversary!
The first Turbo Grafx game to get a price hike. Think it's worth the extra two bucks compared to the other 600 point Turbo Grafx 16 games?

I never got to play a Turbo Grafx 16, except when I went to the demo kiosks in Toys R' Us. Air Zonk was a favorite of mine. Never got to play R-Type.

[quote name='gizmogc']Its for SNES[/quote]

this is true but , i think there releasing the TG-16 version??? dont know if this is true but was watchin attack of the show on G4 , and it was on the ticker tape , dont have a wii . . . . yet , but im working on it!!! I prob wont download much of the TG-16 games as to havin quite a few of these!!!

[quote name='gizmogc']Its for SNES[/QUOTE]

that's super r-type. this is regular r-type for the TG-16.

[quote name='rickonker']They're raising the price for a game most people have never heard of?[/quote]Yeah, go figure. As I said elsewhere, out of all the new releases, that's probably the least likely to get people to pony up the premium.

[quote name='rickonker']They're raising the price for a game most people have never heard of?[/quote]

No you di-n't!

UH-UH! You just DI-N'T say you've never heard of R-Type?!

R Type?

You ever heard of Gradius?
R Type is the underhyped, better SHMUP game that Gradius wished it could've been.

It was released in america on the SNES (as super Rtype), Original GB as Rtype, and the GBColor as Rtype.

I apologize that decent shmup games haven't largely been available to those of you bourne onto video games after 1995, but this is a classic that must be played.

Nintendo? Educate these guys. Give us Ikari Warriors, Ikari Warriors II, LifeForce, and Heavy Barrel. Stat.

Oh, and Nintendo? THANK YOU!!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='gizmogc']What R-Type did they release on Monday? The SNES Version? There gonna release a TG-16 version as well? WTF.[/QUOTE]

The SNES has Super R-Type and R-Type 3. THERE IS NO fuckING R-Type for SNES. Only console version [supported on the VC] IS for the TG-16.

Actually, R-Type 1 & 2 were released on PS1 as R-Types.

Anyway, it sucks that they raised the price for the Turbo games as that was the only system i thought was priced right. It is still worth the $8 though since it's one of the best shmups ever made. I actually prefer the TG16 version to the arcade.

[quote name='SMMM']The SNES has Super R-Type and R-Type 3. THERE IS NO fuckING R-Type for SNES. Only console version IS for the TG-16.[/QUOTE]

...and Sega Master System

I don't mind the price hike, as I played the game to death on the SMS. Hope they don't make it a trend though.

[quote name='asianxcore']...and Sega Master System

I don't mind the price hike, as I played the game to death on the SMS. Hope they don't make it a trend though.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Can't believe I forgot the SMS version, that was the first time I ever played it.

I'm wondering if the price hike might be due to Hudson not having all the rights to it from Irem anymore or something, so they had to raise it to cover them.

[quote name='gizmogc']What R-Type did they release on Monday? The SNES Version? There gonna release a TG-16 version as well? WTF.[/QUOTE]

now's your chance guys, gizmogc is completely wrong about something even after being corrected. flame away, I know you've all been waiting for this :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']now's your chance guys, gizmogc is completely wrong about something even after being corrected. flame away, I know you've all been waiting for this :lol:[/QUOTE]

I threw a few capital letters and a fuck at him. That's about all I'm going to do, but if you want somethin a bit more extreme...

[quote name='maxg']Here's a link to the article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/25/christmas-sees-first-vc-price-increase/

If they do any price hikes on other platforms, that would really suck the life out of the VC. Any predictions? I could see Nintendo making RPG type games a little more pricier (Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, etc.)[/quote]Interesting:
1. It's more expensive because it's technically two games in one : the Japanese R-Type for the PC Engine came in two parts, and they will have to pay 600 apiece over there for the whole set. The American version of R-Type contained both parts on one HuCard.
That makes a little more sense.

I like how that article says Nintendo mentioned a month ago that prices are "starting at." You can review threads from E3, and every press release since, where it was stated.

And Nintendo has only hiked the price of one game in Japan so far that I know of, and that was Link to the Past, by 100 points. I don't see it becoming a widespread or predictable thing.

[quote name='Apossum']now's your chance guys, gizmogc is completely wrong about something even after being corrected.[/QUOTE]

The appropriate phrase is, I believe, "par for the course."

I'm just stymied that someone would want to replay the NES version of Heavy Barrel. Egads.

As for price increases, they don't appear to be consistent b/w regions. Zelda: LttP is $9 in Japan (yet to be released here, I know...), and SimCity is also $9. I'm not sure what differences there are other than that. R-Type is good, but I don't think it's $8 good. VC titles annihilated all my impulse-buying dreams when I first saw the price structure. Now that they're starting to show that this is the minimum that they will charge, I'm souring on it even more. Full disclosure, of course, I was suckered into buying SCIV. My love for CV overwhelmed my sensibilities.

And the prices shall keep on rising....

I'm so glad I kept my PSP 1.5fw for all this time.
I upgraded to that new custom firmware and can now rip my personal copy of R-Types (1 and 2) and play it on my PSP.
I will now rip Tobal 2.

[quote name='maxg']Here's a link to the article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/25/christmas-sees-first-vc-price-increase/

If they do any price hikes on other platforms, that would really suck the life out of the VC. Any predictions? I could see Nintendo making RPG type games a little more pricier (Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, etc.)[/quote]

After this, Nintendo will most likely have higher prices on higher demand games. The one thing you need to know about companies is that they will charge more if they can get away with it. Hence the Wii selling for $249.99 after seeing the price for the PS3, when everyone was saying that it would release at $199.99.

[quote name='mogamer']After this, Nintendo will most likely have higher prices on higher demand games. The one thing you need to know about companies is that they will charge more if they can get away with it. Hence the Wii selling for $249.99 after seeing the price for the PS3, when everyone was saying that it would release at $199.99.[/quote]The thing is, how is R-Type for TG-16 in higher demand than Super Mario Bros. or Castlevania IV? Or Gunstar Super Heroes?

Sure, they will charge more for some things, otherwise they wouldn't have put the wording in there. As long as they don't exceed the next tier of pricing, I won't complain too much.

[quote name='botticus']The thing is, how is R-Type for TG-16 in higher demand than Super Mario Bros. or Castlevania IV? Or Gunstar Super Heroes?
[/quote]

Uh, it's R-Type?

Seriously, it's just one of the better games released for the TG-16, and they want to pad their bottom line. Fine, great whatever, I moved on the second I clicked "Yes" on my Wii.

It's a great game, I'm glad to have it. For once, I'm actually content with my game selection for awhile. It only took 4 and a half years... (last time was FFX, GTAIII, and DDR...)

With Zelda, Elebits, SSGolf, Trauma Center, AND the VC games I've purchased, I'm kinda "full" for now.

[quote name='javeryh']Is Nintendo's online division run by a bunch of retarded monkeys?[/QUOTE]

No. It's run by people trying to make money. My bet is that they're trying to figure out what sort of reaction there will be, as far as sales are concerned, when the prices are modified.

If they see that there are 50% less sales (over other TG-16 titles) when the title costs 300 more, then I would think they'll see it's not in their best interest to modify the price that much. But if there is only a 25% drop, then they'll make more money at that price point.

If people don't like it, vote with your dollars (or points.)

bread's done
Back