R6V1 before 2?

Spades22

CAGiversary!
Never played through the 1st, but since the 2nd is already so cheap, is it good to play through R6V1 first before moving on to the sequel or is the story simple to follow if you start with R6V2?

The first one has a really good story and more maps. The second one includes a run feature and that's about it. I'd recommend both. I don't think you'll be missing much if you start with 2, but 2's story line does suck and the ending is even worse. Have fun.

I don't have 1 anymore but I can coop it with ya if needed on the 2nd one. T-hunt is Rainbow's strength.

In terms of multiplayer which game is better and more populated? I remember having a lot of fun with the RSV1 multiplayer demo...which is the main reason I bought the game.

Vegas 2 is of course more populated, being the sequel.

I think everything about the game is better in the 2nd one, since it's more like an expansion pack than a full new game.

The only thing that is off is the crappier storyline and ending as previously mentioned.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Less maps too...[/quote]

With the DLC (which you obviously can get if you play online) the 2nd one has just as many maps if not more.

Well, I mean... they could've added the ones from 1 and they could've included the single player layouts in the other mode.

Most of 2 actually takes place before 1. Towards the end you get knocked out, the entirety of 1 happens, and then there's a conclusion.

While the co-op is better in 2, the first one has much better story, atmosphere, and level design. I haven't played much competitive multiplayer (or terrorist hunt) in either game, so I can't comment on that.

I just finished part 2 a couple weeks ago and i'd recommend playing part 2 first since part 1 is a better game. :D No reason to play the best and then be disappointed by the sequal.

I stuck my nose in online just to earn a few easy cheese points and there were lots and lots of people to be found if you are into the online.

I loved RSV1 and played online from the time it came out until the following Summer when I got the COD4 Beta. I then rented RSV2 when it came out, and the story wasn't bad, but the multiplayer was plain garbage in my opinion. This coming from someone who absolutely adored RSV1's multiplayer.

hmm....I have such mixed feelings about these. I played R6V1 for probably 2 years before finally getting R6V2. I finished the single player stuff, but played split-screen T-Hunt endlessly.

So, I finally got R6V2 and was somewhat disappointed...but not too terribly bad. The single player is fine, but not why I bought it. I bought it for the split-screen T-hunt of course. I feel the maps are sub-par, when compared to R6V1, but they added the ability to earn XP while playing split-screen T-hunt. This makes it really addicting and has kept me playing it over R6V1.

I just wish I could get all of the maps from R6V1 on R6V2. I loved those maps so much, but earning XP on R6V2 makes it feel like you're actually accomplishing something by playing the same thing repeatedly.

Also, I wasn't able to find any new maps to download other than the "Gift Pack" (on 360). Any help here?

Sorry for being long-winded. My point is, I'd recommend them both and I don't think it would matter what order you played them in.

My buddies and I absolutely loved the first game. We played it non-stop for about a year.

Then the sequel/expansion came out and we were disappointed. The level design in the first game is far superior and it seems to somehow even control better. We beat the game, played some multiplayer and t-hunt, and were finished with the game in about three weeks, never to play it again.

In my opinion the second game was a huge let-down.

I played both, in order, and found the "story" easy to follow in the sequel ('cause, really, there's no real story). If I remember properly, I believe there's even a brief primer at start. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back