Racing Game Suggestions, maybe?

wowimsocute

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I loved Burnout Paradise.  Even though I was hooked at Burnout 3, the open world worked for me in Paradise.  I liked the online challenges too.

I played NFS:MW (the one by criterion?) and it just wasn't the same.  I played Forza on the original Xbox, and I remember that I almost fell asleep at the wheel.  I don't think I like technical driving games, but PGR 3/4 was tolerable (more arcadey).

So what do I race on the Xbox One?  I've briefly looked at Forza6, Forza Horizons, Crew, but I'm not sure that I would enjoy them.

Any suggestions or input?  Thanks.

Unrelated, but I would totally pre-order a new Burnout game, or a remastered 3 or paradise.

Well...if you've tried all of those and still aren't satisfied, the newest Need For Speed or Project CARS are really your only alternatives. Need For Speed is what it is at this point...arcadey cheesyness. You'll either love it or hate it. There is no in between. The newest game is very cinematic though...and tries to have a "story".

Project CARS is good...but I play it on PC. I've heard the console version doesn't perform as well. But it's a beautiful game and the cars are pretty amazing. But it's a bit more on the realistic circuit racing side. If you're wanting open world exploration, Need For Speed is going to be the better bet.

That list of three games you just gave basically covers super realistic - realistic - arcadey. If none of those tickle your fancy, are you sure you want a racing game? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well top is Forza Motorsport 6 but if you're not into technical driving, there are assists you can enable, I recommend Forza Horizon II. It'll prob be on the countdown sale being published by Microsoft Studios. It was on sale BF through the Xbox Store. Digital Playground takes the game engine from Forza Motorsport 5 and adds that open world arcade fun of the Horizon series.

Not on the One, I recommend GRiD Autosport by Codemasters. Stealhily launched on the 360 during the summer, it's pretty much what fans wanted with GRiD 2. There are a bunch of disciplines to take advantage of; open wheel, endurance, touring, etc. It's more arcadey sim and one of my favorites.

I agree, we need another Burnout game, Paradise kept me interested for a whole year haha.

If none of those tickle your fancy, are you sure you want a racing game? lol
now that i think about it, that is an excellent question. in burnout, i liked the speed, the takedowns, and the fact that i failed a lot, but it was hilarious at the same time. i don't know if i could really find those in a non-burnout game. i was considering the crew, but reviews were mixed.

Well top is Forza Motorsport 6 but if you're not into technical driving, there are assists you can enable, I recommend Forza Horizon II. It'll prob be on the countdown sale being published by Microsoft Studios. It was on sale BF through the Xbox Store. Digital Playground takes the game engine from Forza Motorsport 5 and adds that open world arcade fun of the Horizon series.
will keep an eye out for f:h2.

so i guess i'm looking at forza horizon 2, the crew, and might consider NFS because i did play all the old NFS on original xbox, and those were fine.

any opinions on the forza horizon 2: fast and furious add on? that is standalone, yes?

any opinions on the forza horizon 2: fast and furious add on? that is standalone, yes?
Yes, it's a standalone, not an add-on. And it's a pretty short game. There is no multiplayer/co-op though there are leaderboards, etc. so you can see how you compare to friends. Pretty sure I completed the whole game and got all achievements in one day.

Yeah it was free when the Furious movie came out, not a lot there but does have a few specific cars.

NFS Most Wanted '05 was my fav.

Hi to all !

May I add a light opinion ?
There is the possibility to opt for JoyRide Turbo - backward compatible and actually on sale.
There is speed, takedowns, funny fails and this can be hilarious ;) .

I am almost serious. I know, it is a cartoon game, more on the "kart" style, but refreshing for the price; if you may have kids at home for the holidays, they will be pleased. And it is more challenging than it seems.

More "seriously", I could not give more advices than SpyBreak9, not having played The Crew yet, nor Need for Speed.
I completed Forza Horizon 2: Fast and Furious, but it seems better on Xbox One, as the whole game.

But if you still play on Xbox 360: did you played Split / Second ? It is not an open world, but it is fast, spectacular, with suprising and explosives takedowns and a fair amount of challenges.
And Ridge Racer: Unbounded was very near the feeling of a Burnout game. With the condition to like the stylish sunset colour palette.

Just an humble thought. And a pretext to wish you a merry Christmas to come ! 

bread's done
Back