Racing Wheel

My buddy had a similar mad catz one, but it wasnt universal to all systems. I remember it worked great, except that u couldnt brake, shift and turn all at the same time. Could only do 2 of the 3.

I have the PSX version of the wheel (identical to the univeral one except it will only work on PSX and PS2).

It's a good quality wheel. It even lights up on the "dash board" when you accellerate to look like a real car.

The pedals are comfortable to use as well.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']My buddy had a similar mad catz one, but it wasnt universal to all systems. I remember it worked great, except that u couldnt brake, shift and turn all at the same time. Could only do 2 of the 3.[/quote]
lmao ... that's not good. The lights on the dashboard sound cool.

I guess I'm just hesitant because is Mad Catz and I've had less than stellar experience with their controllers. The reviews it's gotten on EB are pretty good.

I wouldn't mind shelling out a little more money for a better wheel. It's not really a question of money. But I don't want to have to buy a wheel for each system. And I certainly have no space for storing multiple wheels.

You could always just use a controller convertor if you decide on another wheel. I use the PSX wheel I have on Gamecube using a PSX to GCN controller convertor.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']You could always just use a controller convertor if you decide on another wheel. I use the PSX wheel I have on Gamecube using a PSX to GCN controller convertor.[/quote]
hmmmm, that's true. I've never used one of those before, and rarely ever think about them as a possibility.

That being said, how about some recommendations on a good wheel?

If you buy something at gamestop.com, can you return it to the b&m store?

it is possible to get the logitech wheel to work on Xbox, since Xbox uses a modfiyed usb connection anyway. there are guides online about how to splice an Xbox controller\extension cable with a usb cable\extension.

Yeah I've seen that one. It sure looks nice.

I know I said I wasn't really concerned about the cost. But I'm also not trying to break the bank here. Maybe something under $100?

And the whole splicing thing just ... scares me.

*sigh* :mrgreen:

the splicing is suprisingly simple if u have ever done any kind of basic wiring and u cant screw up your controllers if u use an extension cable instead of the actual controller cable.

bread's done
Back