Radeon 6970 or other Video Card deals: desperate.

meesterjojo

CAGiversary!
Since I've recently crawled out of my "hole", as it were, I've discovered that BFG went out of business, and can no longer service their "lifetime warranty". My video card is dying fast.

Soooo I've decided to look around for something newer. I have no shame: I don't care to spend $700-$1200 on the latest/greatest, and so will buy last years tech. The reason I'm looking specifically for a 6970 (or even a 6950) is that I'm just sick of nvidia's high prices (in as much as I'm tired of intel's high prices). Bang for buck is what I'm after. I'm not trying to push the envelope and run an impossible resolution on my 23" monitor (ahem, 1080 on 23" better look that technical definition up), but simply game without having my card shoot up to 80C and start glitching.

As such I'm hoping anyone has seen some deals on video cards. I've looked at all the "usual" spots: Amazon, Newegg, Buy.com. I'm hesitant to purchase anything used, and anything from eBay.

I'd like to spend under $300 (which for me is a dang lot of money), and even better is if I can find a deal on a new PC case AND get the video card for $300-ish! (side note: I'm interested in a nice, cheap, case. I was looking at the Cooler Master HAF series, but those prices...egads)

Help me brothers!

bread's done
Back