Radiant Historia reprint possible with your help

johnoralex

CAGiversary!
As anyone who missed out on buying this game knows, the price is crazy. On Atlus USA's facebook page they ask would anyone be interested in a reprint of Radiant Historia. I'm asking that everyone go there and like/comment that wants this to happen!

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/AtlusUSA

Sorry, wasn't sure where to put it. Technically if it does get a reprint it will lead to the price going down, thus making it go on sale.

[quote name='johnoralex']Sorry, wasn't sure where to put it. Technically if it does get a reprint it will lead to the price going down, thus making it go on sale.[/QUOTE] nice try but still not a deal

[quote name='pedrobeara']nice try but still not a deal[/QUOTE]

Ocassionally there will be threads in the Video Game Deals section that earn the right to stay there without being deals. Personally I think this should be one of them, since it may lead to a good deal on Radiant Historia and this is the best place to have the thread for people to see it.

[quote name='sunghost']Ocassionally there will be threads in the Video Game Deals section that earn the right to stay there without being deals. Personally I think this should be one of them, since it may lead to a good deal on Radiant Historia and this is the best place to have the thread for people to see it.[/QUOTE]

When it gets reprinted and its for sale its a deal. All this is, is speculating a reprint.

[quote name='needler420']When it gets reprinted and its for sale its a deal. All this is, is speculating a reprint.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a deal, but like I said.. there are occasionally threads that are posted in this section that STAY in this section without being actual deals. If it gets moved to a different section, I doubt as many people will notice the thread and less people will comment on their facebook due to that fact, so there is a good reason to have it in this section. For example, when gamestop pulled the onlive keys from Deus Ex Human Revolution, someone posted a thread about it in this section and it stayed there for quite a while. There are always exceptions.

[quote name='VaultDweller']whats that? never heard of it, so i dont care much for a reprint[/QUOTE]
Best JRPG since Persona 4.

[quote name='TraBuch']Best JRPG since Persona 4.[/QUOTE]

As much as I enjoyed Radiant Historia, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky was easily better in my opinion.

And yeah, this isn't really something I would really put in this section. That's my opinion though.

[quote name='roymustang']Another CAG newbie posting something I posted hours before and in the right section I might add. So what else is new?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314764[/QUOTE]

I think the problem with that is many people aren't going to see it in the section you posted it in, although you did post it in the correct section. Notice how no one has replied to your thread since 4 am.. and how this has 3x the amount of views. This type of thread should get the highest amount of views possible, for the higher chance of a reprint.

[quote name='Murderstorm']I don't want a reprint I want to keep it rare. Got it day one[/QUOTE]

Bah. I imported Radiant Silvergun the week it came out for the Saturn in Japan and I was overjoyed they ported it to the Xbox 360. My copy is worth less monetarily but I wasn't going to sell it anyway. Even if I were at the very least more people would be able to play such a great shooter and hopefully spur more similar titles to be released on modern consoles.

As for the OP, yeah, it's not a deal (yet), but there are some fairly non-deal posts that are still occasionally worthy of being posted here. I could go either way with this one. I just opened my copy recently and have been enjoying it (though I'm actually stuck about 3 hours in trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing when I travel back in time to a few branching points).

[quote name='sunghost']I think the problem with that is many people aren't going to see it in the section you posted it in, although you did post it in the correct section. Notice how no one has replied to your thread since 4 am.. and how this has 3x the amount of views. This type of thread should get the highest amount of views possible, for the higher chance of a reprint.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I know I probably could have posted it here for more views and replies but I'm not an attention seeker and I just try to do my part to keep the deals section uncluttered with non-deals. I wish more people would just read and post in the discussion section for stuff like this. There's some good threads there that often don't get enough attention.

[quote name='roymustang']You're right, I know I probably could have posted it here for more views and replies but I'm not an attention seeker and I just try to do my part to keep the deals section uncluttered with non-deals. I wish more people would just read and post in the discussion section for stuff like this. There's some good threads there that often don't get enough attention.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say you're account is from 2005 if you posted that in deals you would be flamed to hell.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

This isn't a deal.

I don't care for the DS, but I'll take your word for it and support the reprint of a good RPG. Liked.

[quote name='roymustang']You're right, I know I probably could have posted it here for more views and replies but I'm not an attention seeker and I just try to do my part to keep the deals section uncluttered with non-deals. I wish more people would just read and post in the discussion section for stuff like this. There's some good threads there that often don't get enough attention.[/QUOTE]

This type of thread is about bringing attention to the issue. If making sure the deals forum has one less "non-deal" thread is more important than getting a reprint, then by all means, shut this thread down.

Hmmm, I didn't know this game was so rare, maybe I should sell my sealed copy and hope for a reprint.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']And your thread has 0 replies and 55 views while this one has 23 replies and 183 views.[/QUOTE]

That's because this is in the wrong section.

If I made a post about anything that wasn't a deal and posted it in the deals section it probably would be more active then in its correct section.

People should just report the post and if the mods feel it is necessary, they will move it.

I am happy for one Atlus is considering a reprint, and I liked the post. Thanks, OP!

CheapyD has stated that things that some people raid threads about "not being a deal" are encouraged by him, such as each game having a pre-order thread.

[quote name='needler420']That's because this is in the wrong section.

If I made a post about anything that wasn't a deal and posted it in the deals section it probably would be more active then in its correct section.[/QUOTE]

So by posting it in the wrong section, he's already done more for getting a reprint than the guy who followed the rules.

What's with all the pseudo-mods in here?

This is my favorite RPG from last year, and among the very best original RPGs on the DS. I hope everyone gets a chance to get this for a feasible price!

For the record this is technically the wrong forum for now. If this does get a reprint though, the MSRP price will be a huge deal! haha People need to just piss off and stop playing forum police. I am really sick of that shit. It doesn't encourage people to contribute and it just causes dissidence withing the community. Knock that shit off!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So by posting it in the wrong section, he's already done more for getting a reprint than the guy who followed the rules.

What's with all the pseudo-mods in here?[/QUOTE]

I never said which thread is going to be better for the reprint.

All I said was this isn't a video game deal that's in the deals section.

You even said in your post it wasn't a deal either.

I like atlus as well and want a reprint. Nevertheless this isn't a deal so its in the wrong section.

The creator of the topic even said he put it in the wrong section. In fact everyone has pretty much said this isn't a deal.

[quote name='HakaHina']Seems like the spirit of Gargus lives on ...

I, for one, thank the op.[/QUOTE]

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Nothing can live up to the spirit of Gargus though ;)

Thanks for posting this here OP, must raise awareness to encourage Atlus to make it happen! Otherwise I'm gonna sell my complete copy to one of the self-appointed rent-a-mods for the going rate of $120 (BTW guys, I'm lol'ing so hard at your amazing technical forum expertise right now, you all should get together and write a book that no one will ever read!).

[quote name='Prismatico']CheapyD has stated that things that some people raid threads about "not being a deal" are encouraged by him, such as each game having a pre-order thread.[/QUOTE]

Things like pre-order threads have affiliate links though so it makes sense for Cheapy to support them. If the reprint was available now for purchase or pre-order then it would totally belong here. But let's just drop the subject and focus on the possible reprint, my intention was not to create a whole great off-topic debate.

[quote name='roymustang']Things like pre-order threads have affiliate links though so it makes sense for Cheapy to support them. If the reprint was available now for purchase or pre-order then it would totally belong here. But let's just drop the subject and focus on the possible reprint, my intention was not to create a whole great off-topic debate.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='roymustang']Things like pre-order threads have affiliate links though so it makes sense for Cheapy to support them. If the reprint was available now for purchase or pre-order then it would totally belong here. But let's just drop the subject and focus on the possible reprint, my intention was not to create a whole great off-topic debate.[/QUOTE]

I was pointing out how people jump into threads just to complain when it's not their place to decide. There's an easily usable report button that will do the trick if the mods feel it doesn't belong here, but they choose to flame instead (or both, which helps but still contains unnecessary aggression).

[quote name='Murderstorm']I don't want a reprint I want to keep it rare. Got it day one[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's asinine and selfish. It's not a collector's edition, it's just a game. It's meant to be played.

Radiant Historia was one of my favorite games of 2011. Definitely sign this, both to support Atlus and get more copies out there. I had no idea the price skyrocketed like that.

[quote name='tossin']Wow, that's asinine and selfish. It's not a collector's edition, it's just a game. It's meant to be played.

Radiant Historia was one of my favorite games of 2011. Definitely sign this, both to support Atlus and get more copies out there.[/QUOTE]

It's more reasonable to keep the premium box/soundtrack copies rare, and have a reprint of the regular copies IMO. I doubt they'll reprint the premium boxset anyway.

Wow, I had no idea this game was worth so much. I'm tempted to sell my limited edition, but I love this game too much.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, this thread got moved, now it will die.[/QUOTE]

There's the possibility that it'll be moved back, it's happened before. Lets all now report the thread for being in the "wrong" section ;). LOL, I'm kidding.. or am I?!

Screw a reprint. I have over a 100 copies and have been selling them easy for over $80 on ebay. You want it the game, then buy to help support reseller hoarders.

Ok, that was all a sarcastic joke. Im down for a reprint. Amazon has had it restocked a few times, but they hardly last a day. Its a great game who like Atlus rpgs like this. Not worth $80, but definately worth the $30 msrp.

Man, still tough to come by ey? Glad I preordered my copy, even if I haven't started it yet...
Here's hoping they reprint it for anyone who's struggling to find it.

bread's done
Back