Radiant Historia reprinting preorders $34.99

watcher0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just received an email from Atlus that they're reprinting after all the fan harassment/pleading/whining.

Looks like some sites are ready for preordering the reprint. Soundtrack not included in reprints.

So far posted prices are 34.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CVWETI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

http://www.ebgames.ca/ds/games/radiant-historia/307870

Just a quick edit. Gaming news sites are reporting that the reprint goes on sale in March, though I haven't seen an exact date.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']fuck off with your collector mentality bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Yes, how dare he voice his opinion (while noting he still thought it was great people could get it again).

What is this, North Korea?

[quote name='scott_matthews']Yes, how dare he voice his opinion (while noting he still thought it was great people could get it again).

What is this, North Korea?[/QUOTE]

tumblr_ly53l3S64i1qakgigo1_500.png

[quote name='UberNinjaz']YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.[/QUOTE]

I've found that people who start any justification with "you know what site we're on?" (and it happens a lot) are by far the leftest of the left. I don't mean politically. I mean on a certain bell curve.

:drool:

Why bother buying anything if you have an acekard. And by all means, please keep talking about your acekard and how to obtain one.

[quote name='confoosious']I've found that people who start any justification with "you know what site we're on?" (and it happens a lot) are by far the leftest of the left. I don't mean politically. I mean on a certain bell curve.

Why bother buying anything if you have an acekard. And by all means, please keep talking about your acekard and how to obtain one.[/QUOTE]

indeed, I think something like this should be instant banned....

It's not steal ass gamer.

this is great news for everyone that didn't enjoy Radiant. I think it was 20 on amazon for like a second when I picked up mine and that was it. no more copies left.

[quote name='confoosious']I've found that people who start any justification with "you know what site we're on?" (and it happens a lot) are by far the leftest of the left. I don't mean politically. I mean on a certain bell curve.

Why bother buying anything if you have an acekard. And by all means, please keep talking about your acekard and how to obtain one.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.[/QUOTE]

You're like that one retard (I forgot the name) that was here a couple of months ago that got sho'd away since all he did was post stupid complaints on people's thread.

gtfo

Just for reference, the cheapest I heard it go for at retail was $25 before it went out of print so unless they print a ton I don't imagine it is going to get down into the $20 range.

The non-cd batch was definitely a reprint, it hit stores over a month after the 1st print. That 2nd batch was a large enough quantity that it lasted into black Friday, though when amazon priced it at $20, that was a deathblow to the supply.
For collecting purposes, it is extremely likely that sealed copies of this game will eventually command a premium again. Maybe 3 months later, maybe by next christmas. It is a superb rpg with all-around appeal, unlike the SMT games, Disgaea srpg games, or other atlus niche rpgs. The comp would be Chronotrigger.
It is also very likely that it will be easy to get, and probably drop in price on amazon at some point before going oos for good. In my view, this is a win for gamers, and really only a temporary setback for collectors.

[quote name='vherub']It is a superb rpg with all-around appeal, unlike the SMT games, Disgaea srpg games, or other atlus niche rpgs. The comp would be Chronotrigger.[/QUOTE]

To make a good RPG, time travel is a requirement. Got it.

Man not sure what to do. I want this game but I'm not sure if I should get it now or take a chance and get it cheap if they reprinted too many. I waited on DQ5 and ended up getting it for $17.

[quote name='roymustang']Man not sure what to do. I want this game but I'm not sure if I should get it now or take a chance and get it cheap if they reprinted too many. I waited on DQ5 and ended up getting it for $17.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation as you. After reading all the praise for this game, it makes me really want to have it. I remember going to a Gamestop around mid December that had it with the CD for $35 'new.' I didn't think it was that rare though. x.x Since then, I haven't seen it in any store. What to do, what to do? >.

[quote name='roymustang']Man not sure what to do. I want this game but I'm not sure if I should get it now or take a chance and get it cheap if they reprinted too many. I waited on DQ5 and ended up getting it for $17.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Luxuria']I'm in the same situation as you. After reading all the praise for this game, it makes me really want to have it. I remember going to a Gamestop around mid December that had it with the CD for $35 'new.' I didn't think it was that rare though. x.x Since then, I haven't seen it in any store. What to do, what to do? >.

I may get criticized for saying something like this on this site, but I recently heard how awesome this game was so like others I have missed out. That being said, I have no problem paying msrp for this title because I feel that Atlus needs all the sales they can get to keep pumping out great jrpgs! I have no problem holding out for a sale but in this case I don't feel like gambling due to atlus only being able to produce so many copies at a time.

I feel obligated to pick up a copy because I couldn't find a copy last year and I used "questionable methods" to finally play and beat it. I enjoyed the game so immensely that I feel like the devs deserve my money and I will definitely be picking up a reprint.

Wow... I didn't realize this game was so fun (and so valuable!) - I still have the sealed CD copy sitting on one of my DS backlog shelves......to get to sometime in the future (yes I have a backlog collection that needs some serious gaming ex-lax but I'm not really a collector per se) now the real question I think everyone is asking is... does it blend??? :rofl:

For those of you that have the game with the box and cover art, would you be willing to scan the cover art and sent it to me? I got it used from Gamestop and for some reason they toss out a lot of cases WITH their cover art. All I got was the little cartridge.

[quote name='poehitman']For those of you that have the game with the box and cover art, would you be willing to scan the cover art and sent it to me? I got it used from Gamestop and for some reason they toss out a lot of cases WITH their cover art. All I got was the little cartridge.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game yet, but I have it ordered on amazon for the reprint. If no one who has it now offers, I can scan it and email it to you when I get my copy late next month.

Just noticed that the reprint is now in stock at Amazon. They have over 999 copies so I'm gonna hold off and see if it'll go cheaper at some point, all the while keeping track of the current stock.

i was able to get a cppy with KEEP IT NOW off gamefly for 27 after tax... they are saying the game had a REPRINT LAST YEAR and this is the 3rd print

1st print had the outer box and cd
2nd print had the game only
3rd print this one

i only got the game case but at least i paid 27 instead of 35

I got the game from Goozex and was delighted to finally get it. I'm happy to many people will be able to get this game at an affordable price now.

20 bucks and then MAYBE I'll bite. There are too many RPGs on the DS as it is and they are too similar to each other.

[quote name='slidecage']i was able to get a cppy with KEEP IT NOW off gamefly for 27 after tax... they are saying the game had a REPRINT LAST YEAR and this is the 3rd print

1st print had the outer box and cd
2nd print had the game only
3rd print this one

i only got the game case but at least i paid 27 instead of 35[/QUOTE]

That is correct. This is the 3rd printing but I'm guessing they were all fairly low print runs.

[quote name='Nintendonly']20 bucks and then MAYBE I'll bite. There are too many RPGs on the DS as it is and they are too similar to each other.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think this is the best RPG on the DS (ignoring Chrono Trigger, which was a remake).

I am wondering how many reprints there are. I got a copy but am not going to open it probably if I can get another...one for my personal pleasures and the other for keeping in a collection. I might stack on Amazon credit but hope that the process of trading in will happen before selling out....

I say good luck on getting a lower price; maybe they'll just keep printing more over time but I didn't feel like missing out yet again so I paid full price this time around.

I actually paid $30 for the first print, got a second print during a B2G1, and I'm still paying full price for print #3 so I can finally play it.

Pre-ordered about 3 weeks ago, got an email yesterday that it will be shipping soon!

Never played this before so I'm pretty excited.

Also:
20 bucks and then MAYBE I'll bite. There are too many RPGs on the DS as it is and they are too similar to each other.
I haven't played this yet but from what I've read online at a lot of places including various RPG websites, this is the definitive RPG on DS and one of the best overall in the last 5 years.

I got my copy from amazon today. :D

[quote name='Nintendonly']20 bucks and then MAYBE I'll bite. There are too many RPGs on the DS as it is and they are too similar to each other.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that this will ever drop that low, so I suggest you get it while you can.

My copy naturally came in stock right after my Gamestop had a copy shipped over from another store (and by the time I got it, it was "Shipping soon" and too late to cancel) So now I'm going to wind up having two copies. I dunno if I should hold onto the reprint sealed copy from Amazon, or return/sell it (I'm leaning towards holding onto it in case it gets rare again later)

im stoked cause i have my sealed 1st print run,a spare box/soundtrack i found at gamestop free to make this one im getting from amazon a complete collectors set. on top over the past few weeks ive sold 3 radiant historias for what i paid for the two im keeping.

[quote name='gauu']im stoked cause i have my sealed 1st print run,a spare box/soundtrack i found at gamestop free to make this one im getting from amazon a complete collectors set. on top over the past few weeks ive sold 3 radiant historias for what i paid for the two im keeping.[/QUOTE]

that was in the past... you be lucky to get 20 to 25 out of one without the cd now .

ALSO i would not be sticking the new reprint into the cd outer box and soundtrack and saying you have a NEW SEALED FIRST PRINT on ebay cause people will file a dispute and you will lose it all

I went ahead and got a copy as soon as I saw that it was in stock again.

Having missed the game twice already, I wasn't taking any chances this time.

[quote name='ZForce']My copy naturally came in stock right after my Gamestop had a copy shipped over from another store (and by the time I got it, it was "Shipping soon" and too late to cancel) So now I'm going to wind up having two copies. I dunno if I should hold onto the reprint sealed copy from Amazon, or return/sell it (I'm leaning towards holding onto it in case it gets rare again later)[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it getting that rare again after a reprint. Even after it goes OOP again I don't think used copies will sell over retail, but who knows for sure depending on how big the reprint is.

I saw it was now in stock at Amazon and ordered today.

[quote name='slidecage']that was in the past... you be lucky to get 20 to 25 out of one without the cd now .

ALSO i would not be sticking the new reprint into the cd outer box and soundtrack and saying you have a NEW SEALED FIRST PRINT on ebay cause people will file a dispute and you will lose it all[/QUOTE]

you completely misread what i said slidecage lol. im not selling the reprint all i stated is before the reprint was released i sold a bunch of the carts etc..im opening the reprint to play and just stated that i got lucky and found a box/soundtrack at gamestop that will give me a complete 1st run set for my play collection.

[quote name='gauu']you completely misread what i said slidecage lol. im not selling the reprint all i stated is before the reprint was released i sold a bunch of the carts etc..im opening the reprint to play and just stated that i got lucky and found a box/soundtrack at gamestop that will give me a complete 1st run set for my play collection.[/QUOTE]

wasnt just pointed at you i know a few people here at least locally have the outer box and music cd.. They have told me as soon as the reprint hits they are buying it and sticking it in the outer box and saying they have a first print sealed.

i had one as well (got it first day) but sold it before the reprint (cd only had 5 songs on it so wasnt worth keeping to me)

at least for me (before all ebay fees i got)

48.88 for game itself
27.05 for the outer box and music cd (found it after someone bidded on the game

75.93 total

got a used one off gamefly for 27 shipped

48.93 then say 10% ebay so ended up with around 41 buck profit dumping the first copy...

[quote name='MillionBlades']I wonder how many copies Atlus printed on their 1st print ??? was it under 5,000 ???[/QUOTE]

I don't have a source, but I'm willing to bet more than that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 30,000 was considered the smallest print-run for Atlus. IIRC, Etrian Odyssey's first print at the time claimed to have 30,000, and people were saying it's the smallest print Atlus had ever done.

Btw, I sold my second print for $90, which I just couldn't pass up.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't have a source, but I'm willing to bet more than that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 30,000 was considered the smallest print-run for Atlus. IIRC, Etrian Odyssey's first print at the time claimed to have 30,000, and people were saying it's the smallest print Atlus had ever done.

Btw, I sold my second print for $90, which I just couldn't pass up.[/QUOTE]
I agree, it's gotta be more than 5,000, if they planned on selling at most 5,000 copies of a game, it would be pretty hard to make any money from it.

I almost bought this game when it was on sale several months ago on Amazon. It sounds like a fun game and one that I would enjoy but I'm not sure that I have the time to invest in it, too many other games to play and too many other things going on in my life right now.

Would you guys recommend this for a gamer who's not-so-hot on RPGs?

Dragon Quest IX was the first RPG I ever played and I really liked it a lot. Since then, others have recommended that I try Chrono Trigger, FFIV, and Persona 3 Portable but I had trouble getting in all of them (blasphemy, I know) and never finished 'em.

I know this is supposed to be a deal thread and I don't want to clog it up with tons of 10-word reviews. Just looking for some guidance on whether or not I should pick this up now that it's been reprinted.

Thanks!

Well, it is turned based, but what makes it a bit more engaging is the grid system. The battle takes place on a I think a 3 x 6 grid, you're on one 3 x 3 and they are on the other 3 x 3. When one is in the row closest to front, they do more damage but they receive more damage, and further to the back they do less damage but they receive less damage from attacks (which makes it a good place to put your healers and other support characters)

Each character also has various skills which allow you to do damage while shifting the enemies around the board, stack them as many on one tile as possible through the various push, pull, and slide attack skills, then unleash your strongest attack to hit all of them. This is later complicated by enemies which can't be moved, shield spells which protect enemies standing in certain rows/columns, etc, to keep it from getting stale.

You also have the capability to give your turn to one of your characters or even exchange your turn with an enemy's so that you can have more turns in a row to herd all the enemies together and hit them all at once, as once your string of turns end, the enemies move off so there is only 1 per tile again.

Basically it has some of the strategist aspect of an RTS, while not actually being in real-time so you have plenty of time to plan your string of attacks.

The story is also quite engaging and the time travel mechanic is quite well done as you shift back and forth between 2 alternative history timelines with the ultimate goal of saving the world by using the differences between the two timelines to solve problems in the other timeline. Each of those 2 timelines can branch off in other different directions and result in dozens of different endings (both game ending and good).

What's nice is when you hit a bad ending, your not done, the time travel mechanic kicks in and takes you back to the last available node (there's usually a node for every 3-4 events in the timeline). Using the time travel mechanic you can freely jump around to any node in the timeline to replay a section so you don't ever have to worry about missing anything. It also means you don't have to replay the entire game over several times to see every ending.

Here's a good example of the mechanics of battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ibH-ap0TA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guardian_owl']Well, it is turned based, but what makes it a bit more engaging...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting all of that...I appreciate the insights. :applause:

I'm definitely intrigued.

bread's done
Back