Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

i never would have thought about going to a radio shack to look for games. thanks for the heads up . i called some local shacks and most of them were out of everything. but a few stores had lego indy for 14 bucks.

I picked up Lego Indiana Jones (360) for $10.47 on Thursday. They did have the Soul Calibur IV "display case" for $20, but when I brought it up they told me that they had no more copies.

Checked out a different Radio shack in town and got:

iconxbox360.gif
Soul Calibur IV $19.97
iconxbox360.gif
Lego Indiana Jones $14.97

None of my RS's have the 360 wired controller :cry:

if anyone has access to radioshack that has SCIV for 20 bucks can someone PLEASE buy it and resell it to me? I really want this game but neither of my radioshacks sell games. Will cover tax + shipping!

how did you get that? is it old? because SCIV isn't on their site BUT i'm just asking, i will definitely try this out tomorrow. who would be the most likely to price match? i've got wal-mart closest and they matched NG2

edit; update: i called all my electronic stores around me and they don't except print outs so if anyone still has access to a 20 dollar copy of SCIV...you know where to find me :).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fidodido']I picked up Lego Indiana Jones (360) for $10.47 on Thursday. They did have the Soul Calibur IV "display case" for $20, but when I brought it up they told me that they had no more copies.[/QUOTE] I hate that. Why leave it on the floor then?

[quote name='weezyweazel']Picked up Grand Theft Auto IV for the 360 for $22.77 before tax.[/QUOTE]

You do realize its $14 at Blockbuster right now used right? Also iot was buy 1 get 1 @ 14.99 a few weeks back at BlockBuster....FYI

[quote name='Snake2715']You do realize its $14 at Blockbuster right now used right? Also iot was buy 1 get 1 @ 14.99 a few weeks back at BlockBuster....FYI[/QUOTE]

FYI, not all Blockbusters had it in stock. I checked about 5 in my area and couldn't find one GTAIV for PS3 or 360.

Just as an aside, did y'all know that Radio Shack takes trade ins? I was fooling around on their site and stumbled upon the trade in page. All the values suck and they dont seem to take in any 360 game newer than Dirt, but I thought it was interesting enough to note anyway.

I saw the GH3 bundles (ps3) for $29.97. Also, I'm going to compile a list of catalog numbers soon. That is, after I get all the deals I want.

im mad i didnt put the GH3 bundle(360) on the side. i went into today and they JUST sold it b4 i came in. *sigh*. i might put up that GH:Aerosmith(360) tho. yea i wish there was a inventory listing.

[quote name='norkusa']I think Radio Shack employees take personal offense if you walk into their stores and don't need their assistance.

The last time I was in a RS looking for clearance stuff, the employee greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, asking if he can help me with anything. I say "no thanks, just looking around" and I head towards the game accessories. While I'm looking thru the stuff, the guy is just staring at me from the across the counter. He's not doing work and stopping to look up at me every few moments....he's staring at me THE ENTIRE TIME I'M THERE and not taking his eyes off me for a second. He must have asked at least 2 or 3 more times if I needed any help before I got pissed off and left.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/quote]

Maybe the dude just "liked" you. LOL

Try the radio shack at 2nd and vermont.. I think I saw SCIV 360.

I picked up there:
GH Aerosmith 11.97 (plenty of these)
Ratchet and Clank 14.97 (last)
Ninja Gaiden II 14.97 (last)

[quote name='xconguy']um anyone in los angeles see any SC4, Grand Turismo 5, or gh3 bundles in the radioshacks?[/quote]

My Radioshack stocks like two games...Madden 08 PS2 and XBox 360 and Tony Hawk Proving Grouinds Xbox 360...

Finally got Lost Odyssey for $20. If anyone finds an extra copy of Ratchet, PLEASE snag one for me. I stopped at at least 6 Radioshacks during my roadtrip and none had them.

One had the case on display and when the clerk went to get it from the back, she said she actually didn't have any :bomb:

[quote name='ChristHBK']Try the radio shack at 2nd and vermont.. I think I saw SCIV 360.

I picked up there:
GH Aerosmith 11.97 (plenty of these)
Ratchet and Clank 14.97 (last)
Ninja Gaiden II 14.97 (last)[/QUOTE]

thanks man my fault for not being specific as i wanted any ps3 deals

[quote name='Josef']Saw today at Radio Shack:

Rock Band bundle (PS3) - $69.97
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3) - $39.97[/QUOTE]

Ffffffff, those are really good prices, and I'm pretty sure there are two different Radio Shacks near me with Rockband.
How long do you guys think it'll take to drop further?

I went to 6 different Radio Shacks and found no Call of Duties :( Sad. Found one with 1 copy of Lego Indiana Jones for 13.99 almost bought it.. Almost.

[quote name='SDC']Ffffffff, those are really good prices, and I'm pretty sure there are two different Radio Shacks near me with Rockband.
How long do you guys think it'll take to drop further?[/quote]

That's a good question, it seems like most of these deals started last month about this time. Maybe they reduce the price monthly.

I have a rock band set here and one at my mom's house for get togethers. I bought the rb game for $12.99 used at CC, the mics were from a cheap singstar set from Sears, the drums were $29.99 (anywhere), and the wireless guitar was $20 at CC.

The problem with rb1 is that one of the drum kit sucks. It's the EL and you have to open the box to find out which set you are buying. I had heard the rb2 drum kit is a lot better but I only wanted to put $30 into it since I did not know if I would use it.

Also, you can dl most of the songs on RB1 when you have RB2 so the first disc is kind of useless.

Wow, went back to get a copy of Gran Turismo 5 and maybe SC4 for my friend and all the Radioshacks in town where almost completely empty. A couple of weeks ago these stores had hundreds of games left....

One Radioshack employee even tried to convince me they had never sold video games even though I picked up R&C there a couple of weeks ago....

Some people must be REALLY hard up for a deal....

Picked up:

GH 3 Wireless bundle for $30.
Lego Indy for $10.
They had the Rock Band bundle for 360 for $80.

Went to 3 different stores and each store had a different "clearance" price for every game. I was looking for SC4 but didn't find it. I saw a PS2 for $124, a ton of Mario Kart DS games, and 1 GH: Aerosmith (360) at $11.xx but that was it. I think this chain will be another one that bites the dust because of the economy and I say good riddance.

[quote name='Pck21']Went to 3 different stores and each store had a different "clearance" price for every game. I was looking for SC4 but didn't find it. I saw a PS2 for $124, a ton of Mario Kart DS games, and 1 GH: Aerosmith (360) at $11.xx but that was it. I think this chain will be another one that bites the dust because of the economy and I say good riddance.[/QUOTE]

Not finding what you want is certainly a lot worse than not having a place to look. Good riddance indeed. Whatever.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Not finding what you want is certainly a lot worse than not having a place to look. Good riddance indeed. Whatever.[/quote]
Totally agree with you on that. There are always tons of stupid people that don't like retailers for whatever reason and soon we'll all be shopping at wal-mart exclusively. Plus radioshack is the only place where I can buy electronic components.

So is it safe to assume that RadiO Shack will no longer be carrying games in the future? Or are they just clearing out and will be carrying newer releases post March?

[quote name='Scoop24']Picked up Madden 09 (ps3) $19.99 today[/quote]

Crap that was only 20 bucks. I saw it but it was tagged 48 or so. I would've had the guy scan it but the 5 other games they had all had the actual clearance prices tagged correctly.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Not finding what you want is certainly a lot worse than not having a place to look. Good riddance indeed. Whatever.[/quote]

I'm not upset about not finding what I want. I don't go to Radio Shack for many different reasons. For one, the employees are complete tools who will greet you at the door and when you politely decline their sales pitch, they ignore you. For example, I went to 3 different RS's in 3 different parts of town today. At one, I was told they didn't have any games (I found them and showed the employee), at another I was greeted and then told that they had flash drives on sale (I told them I was looking for games), and at another I was ignored completely. Radio Shack, whether you want to believe it or not, is an awful company. Their sales tactics (if you want to call them that) rival Circuit City...oh wait that's no longer a company anymore, is it?

Look, I hate most electronic retailers for the simple reason that they over charge and the employees don't give a rat's ass about the customer. I know because I was one of them. However, retailers that are staying afloat in this turbulent economy (you know, the decent ones?) like Best Buy, Target, etc, are the ones that actually treat customers in the best way possible. Granted, that's not always the case, but I can walk into a Target or Best Buy and 9/10 times I will either be greeted at the door or asked if I need any help finding something. If I tell them I'm ok, then the employee usually tells me that he/she will be in the area if I need any assistance at all.

That's my personal experience. If that makes you butt hurt for some reason, then get over yourself. Radio Shack, just like Circuit City, will be a thing of the past in a short while. They really don't sell much and their stock has been plummetting for the last 6 months. I'm honestly sorry to hear that you have no other electronic retail option, or god forbid you actually choose to shop at RS, but you're going to be in for a rude awakening when they shut their doors forever.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So is it safe to assume that RadiO Shack will no longer be carrying games in the future? Or are they just clearing out and will be carrying newer releases post March?[/QUOTE]

I'm under the impression that stores that carry games are clearing out their stock for new releases, but I suppose it could go either way.
certainly we are part of a very small group of people who would ever go into a radioshack looking for games.

[quote name='nissanfan64']GTAIV went down to $11.97 at my store. I already own a copy but thats a damn fine deal.[/QUOTE]

Which version, PS3 or 360?

[quote name='Pck21']I'm not upset about not finding what I want. I don't go to Radio Shack for many different reasons. For one, the employees are complete tools who will greet you at the door and when you politely decline their sales pitch, they ignore you. For example, I went to 3 different RS's in 3 different parts of town today. At one, I was told they didn't have any games (I found them and showed the employee), at another I was greeted and then told that they had flash drives on sale (I told them I was looking for games), and at another I was ignored completely. Radio Shack, whether you want to believe it or not, is an awful company. Their sales tactics (if you want to call them that) rival Circuit City...oh wait that's no longer a company anymore, is it?

Look, I hate most electronic retailers for the simple reason that they over charge and the employees don't give a rat's ass about the customer. I know because I was one of them. However, retailers that are staying afloat in this turbulent economy (you know, the decent ones?) like Best Buy, Target, etc, are the ones that actually treat customers in the best way possible. Granted, that's not always the case, but I can walk into a Target or Best Buy and 9/10 times I will either be greeted at the door or asked if I need any help finding something. If I tell them I'm ok, then the employee usually tells me that he/she will be in the area if I need any assistance at all.

That's my personal experience. If that makes you butt hurt for some reason, then get over yourself. Radio Shack, just like Circuit City, will be a thing of the past in a short while. They really don't sell much and their stock has been plummetting for the last 6 months. I'm honestly sorry to hear that you have no other electronic retail option, or god forbid you actually choose to shop at RS, but you're going to be in for a rude awakening when they shut their doors forever.[/QUOTE]

I actually think that RS is probably going under also. I just don't like the idea of more people losing their jobs and losing another option for shopping. Online retailers compete on price because they can't really compete on the convenience of walking into a local store and walking out with the product you want. I am afraid that when B&M stores close, other B&M stores will have worse prices, just because they can, and online stores will up their prices too, just because they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back