Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

Me and my dad went in to my local one today to get a phone battery, and I actually saw a game!
Just 1!
It was :360: GTAIV.
Me:Is this for sale?
Her:Yes. (in a mean tone)
Me:I didn't know you sold games!
Her:We don't, corporate just sent us this one lone game.
Me:Well thats just odd...
Her:Get over it.

The weird thing was she was nice to my dad, but was an ass to me when I asked about the game.

:bomb:

[quote name='depascal22']
It's funny because everyone around here always recommends Radio Shack any time you need a cord or battery. We have Best Buy, Circuit City, and a dozen other electronic stores but everyone says "Go to Radio Shack." I think some people get lost in the big box stores and just want to go to a small store that feels familiar. Radio Shack did well to get in the hearts and minds of consumers and now people don't know where else to go. I also think Radio Shack caters to the older crowd that doesn't really know what to look for. They know they need a power cable for a HP 5000 printer but they don't know what the hell it looks like or where it would be in a store. Every other store got bigger and more intimidating while Radio Shack still looks like a small hardware store that older people used to go to on "Main Street".[/quote]

Very well said.

It pisses me off, the RS near me doesn't even sell video games.

I think these have already been mentioned, but I noticed these again recently at a local Radio Shack:

Flash Focus (DS) - $9.97
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - $29.97
Mario Party 8 (Wii) - $29.97

Here's how you get a job at Radio Shack: go into a store and act like a douchebag. Guaranteed one of the managers will come up to you and ask you to apply for a job. Seriously, this all-year douche camp only ever seems to be have everything I'm *not* looking for and nobody working ever knows their ass from their elbow. Could we get this mofo shut down already so a real store can come into its place? ::prays::

I remember trying to buy a single CDRW at a Radio Shack five years ago. I couldn't find a price tag and I got the cashier to check the price. The one disc cost thirteen dollars. I just had to walk away....

No video games at any of the stores near me except for Guitar Hero bundles. Oddly, they do carry game accessories usually and sometimes systems.

Radio Shack is still in business because they carry electrical components that are hard to find anywhere else. I go in there for pinball/arcade machine parts sometimes. They're a good source of odd-size fuses too.

They actually just opened up another radio shack at one of the plaza's next to the college that I go to here. Pretty suprised they are still up, as most of the prices are high up there

[quote name='the_punisher']I saw:

GTA IV (PS3 and 360): $50
Lego Indian Jones (360): $40
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2): $20[/quote]

Indian Jones is just a little racist, but still a lot of fun. Recommended.

Some updated clearance prices....

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3/360) - $34.97
Flash Focus (DS) - $8.47
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (PS3) - $24.97
Guitar Hero 3 Bundle (PS3) - $59.97

Also, of note, it seemed like EVERY SINGLE GAME in the store was on clearance. Literally, every game including the newer releases. Not that they carried a lot of the games to begin with.

Extreme YMMV at the Shack, but picked up a sixaxis Sony controller at the Shack this week for $22bux... (Yes i got 2 of he DSHock3 controllers on BF), but figured why not... have one old skoo just incase..

Since when is the Sixaxis "old skoo?" I guess not all of us have been around since the Atari days, but still..........

[quote name='thundarr']Since when is the Sixaxis "old skoo?" I guess not all of us have been around since the Atari days, but still..........[/QUOTE]

Lol...

In the PS3 way of things that they've gone through so many hardware revisions / skus... it just seemed fitting. And yes I still have working controllers for my Atari 2600...

i think im in the same boat as a lot of people:

radio shack sells video games?

i mean, i believe you and i think i remember seeing gta4 or halo3 or something advertised in the insert when it came out but didnt know that rs sells games

I know my radio shack in Philly sells some games. A lot of them on clearance, I saw them on Black Friday. I'm gonna check tonight to see if there are any updated sales. I'd get a second copy of MGS4 just have it new for that price.

[quote name='Tempius']I picked up Metal Gear solid 4 for $20, Gran Turismo 5 prologue for $10, and Guitar Hero 3 bundle (360)for $20.[/quote]

Wow, that GH3 bundle sounds like a freaking steal. Just ordered the GH2 bundle from Red Octane for $17 over the weekend, but I got a feeling that is getting canceled. Might have to go and see if I can find one of these, instead.

[quote name='Tempius']I picked up Metal Gear solid 4 for $20, Gran Turismo 5 prologue for $10, and Guitar Hero 3 bundle (360)for $20.[/quote]

I can confirm GT5. I picked up NCAA football 09 ps3 and Ratchet and Clank for $19.97.

[quote name='nyj1218']radio shack sells video games?[/quote]
well not very well.. why do you think they're on clearance.

I just went to both RadioShacks in the Union Square, NYC area. The only thing of any interest was Ratchet & Clank PS3 for $39, and apparently, other RadioShacks have it for half of that...

Edit: I went back in today (12/12) and they had marked down R&C to $19.97! I got the last copy at the store!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Han1113']For those of us who don't have a Radio Shack that carries video games around, I suggest price matching at Sears or Best Buy or Circuit City. I did it for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl at Sears and they did it, no questions asked. I'm gonna do it again for Galaxy. Thanks OP![/quote]
it's a shame they don't have Madden 08 for $10 (for the 360) on their website.. I really wanted to do a price match...

Just called a couple of stores, they are discontinuing all video game. So keep an eye out, and I am looking for a cheap copy of GT5 if anyone can help me out. You can cml or I can pay you back, let me know:pray::pray::pray:

I would also kill for that GH3 but it would be awkward to ship.

If anyone's interested, one of our local Radio Shacks had "WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2008" for the PS2 marked at $9.97. It rang up at $3.97, however...

[quote name='The Sailerman']I just went to both RadioShacks in the Union Square, NYC area. The only thing of any interest was Ratchet & Clank PS3 for $39, and apparently, other RadioShacks have it for half of that...[/QUOTE]

Were you going by the sticker price or did you scan it? Some Radio Shacks are slow to update the price stickers on the games.

[quote name='norkusa']I think Radio Shack employees take personal offense if you walk into their stores and don't need their assistance.

The last time I was in a RS looking for clearance stuff, the employee greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, asking if he can help me with anything. I say "no thanks, just looking around" and I head towards the game accessories. While I'm looking thru the stuff, the guy is just staring at me from the across the counter. He's not doing work and stopping to look up at me every few moments....he's staring at me THE ENTIRE TIME I'M THERE and not taking his eyes off me for a second. He must have asked at least 2 or 3 more times if I needed any help before I got pissed off and left.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/quote]
I feel for you, I know exactly how that feels like. Sometimes I wonder why they try to scare their own customers away.
[quote name='wildnuts02']i have no idea how RS is still in business[/quote]
Really? I think they sell some great merchandise, such as their mice and keyboards.
[quote name='Zincdust']If anyone's interested, one of our local Radio Shacks had "WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2008" for the PS2 marked at $9.97. It rang up at $3.97, however...[/quote]
Wow thats a great price, but I suggest ebing a wrestling fan to actually like the game.

I should have mentioned this in my earlier post. When I went to Radioshack, they had the tags up but the prices had to be adjusted manually. The sale starts 12/11.

They aslo had Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) for $20 and God of War Chains of Olympus for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempius, that jogged my memory. I also saw GH: Aerosmith for ps2 and 360 for $19.97.

Edit: forgot to mention that was the game only.

I got a bunch of Radioshacks around me.Ill go check in the morning.Hopefully I can pick up MGS4 and GT5.

Just came back from two shacks, got GT5 for $10.

Guitar Hero III Bundle for both systems is 59.99, not 19.99. The Guitar Hero Aerosmith game only is 19.99.

1st store was not "stickered" with sale price yet, but prices were active. 2nd store was putting new prices out while I was there.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Just came back from two shacks, got GT5 for $10.

Guitar Hero III Bundle for both systems is 59.99, not 19.99. The Guitar Hero Aerosmith game only is 19.99.

1st store was not "stickered" with sale price yet, but prices were active. 2nd store was putting new prices out while I was there.[/quote]

nice thanks for the heads up but did you happen to see rachet & clank?

got ratchet and clank future for 19.97 and mgs4 for the same price. Vestal New York the mall radio shack. Guy said there were no more ratchets left, but there were quite a few mgs4's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back