Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

Thanks for the info. Picked up a copy of MGS4 for $20. There seemed to be more. If anyone is interested in a trade, let me know.

I don't even own a PS3 -- yet -- but couldn't pass up this deal in the event I rent a PS3 from Blockbuster some time soon.

Forgot to mention that the Radio Shack I went to was clearancing out their 40GB PS3's for $339 -- down from $399.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw SSB Brawl for $20 but they couldn't find it.
Six Axis was down to $16.XX
The Link cross bow thingie was $12.XX
Guitar Hero DS was $24.XX
YMMV I noticed 1 of 4 stores the prices weren't updated.

Got GT5P for $10 although I may go pick up R&C at the one near me. Not really too many good games left near me.

Also Radioshak is discontinuing video game sales from what the sales rep said.

[quote name='Ixnay']
Also Radioshak is discontinuing video game sales from what the sales rep said.[/QUOTE]

It seems like just yesterday that they started carrying video games...

[quote name='PocariSweat']I saw SSB Brawl for $20 but they couldn't find it.
Six Axis was down to $16.XX
The Link cross bow thingie was $12.XX
Guitar Hero DS was $24.XX
YMMV I noticed 1 of 4 stores the prices weren't updated.[/quote]

I noticed that also the employee was like let me ask, cause the prices on the games were $60 but then she said they hadnt changed them

Does RS gut their new games like GS does? It doesn't work very well to get a gutted game as a Christmas gift? :p

RS has a $10 off $40 coupon from the Entertainment Book. I wonder if it works on clearance items like these.

I don't think so, they have display only cases like Toys R Us but their inventory isn't always accurate. I saw a display case for a game a few months ago and they didn't have it.

The coupon should work on clearance, I used one over the summer and it worked but maybe they changed the terms for the 2009 book coupon?

[quote name='eau']Does RS gut their new games like GS does?[/quote]

My Rachet was a brand new shrinkwrapped copy. Though, I did see a PS3 game (forgot which... Madden?) which was gutted.

Damn, no mgs4 at my local store. Can anyone hook me up?

They did have GT5P though I passed on it...might be able to get you a copy, lolwut?

[quote name='lolwut?']How much does Ratchet go for?

Anyone wanna pick up a $10 GT5 for me? I'll pay cost+ship+a lil extra[/QUOTE]

My local radio shack had a bunch of cases on display, but when the clerk went to the back, the only ps3 game they had was a single copy of COD:WaW, which coincidentally was NOT on display.

[quote name='eau']

RS has a $10 off $40 coupon from the Entertainment Book. I wonder if it works on clearance items like these.[/quote]

[quote name='YoshiFan1']
The coupon should work on clearance, I used one over the summer and it worked but maybe they changed the terms for the 2009 book coupon?[/quote]

I mentioned this about 20 posts back. The 2008 coupon is good until the end of the year if you guys have an old one.

[quote name='slowdive21']I mentioned this about 20 posts back. The 2008 coupon is good until the end of the year if you guys have an old one.[/quote]

Can you confirm this? Most of the coupons in that book expired Nov. 1; I know the radio shack coupon is on one of the glossy pages though, so things could be different.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found a scan and it does indeed expire Dec. 31.

^^^It is in my hand. "Valid now through December 31, 2008". I can not confirm they will allow you to use it on clearance items, but the date is confirmed. Page H8

[quote name='kevlar51']My local radio shack had a bunch of cases on display, but when the clerk went to the back, the only ps3 game they had was a single copy of COD:WaW, which coincidentally was NOT on display.[/quote]

I think this will be the experience of most people visiting the stores today. I complained yesterday as he was about to put back two games that were never in stock at the store (back on display that is). He just smiled, and continue to place them right where they were.:roll:

[quote name='dragonjud']I think this will be the experience of most people visiting the stores today. I complained yesterday as he was about to put back two games that were never in stock at the store (back on display that is). He just smiled, and continue to place them right where they were.:roll:[/quote]

I also ran in to this with 4 out of the 5 stores yesterday

I called the store that didn't have the prices yesterday and today they've updated them. They are holding Soul Calibur IV for me

[quote name='emperordahc']I 2nd that. I quit buying electronic supplies there once the whole "internet" thing kicked in. I think cell phones are the only thing that keep them alive.

I did snap up two copies of Project Gotham 4 for $20 awhile back.[/quote]

I work for RS and i would have to tell you that we have our nose in everything. We have a huge repair section going on. we repair everything from laptops to desktops, xbox 360, ps3's and so on. We do repair for bestbuy, circuit city, staples, and sears.

I went to another store that I called who said they had SCIV in stock. It ended up that the girl on the phone was nice enough to set it aside for me even though I didn't ask. It was the last copy and they still had the display case on the rack. I guess I was either lucky that I was the first person who asked for it or that she had it left there intentionally so I'd ask for it. Anyway, I'm glad I got it. Thanks to the person who posted this deal!

Someone should make a summary though, I can confirm:

PS3
$20 Ratchet and Clank 260-0964
$20 MGS4 260-1110
$30 GTA IV 260-1016

Xbox 360
$25 Wireless Headset

Wii
$32 Smash Bros Brawl

[quote name='Arakias']Someone should make a summary though, I can confirm:

PS3
$20 GTAIV 260-1016
$20 MGS4 260-1110
$30 GTA IV

Xbox 360
$25 Wireless Headset

Wii
$32 Smash Bros Brawl[/quote]

Again, yesterday when I went they had Rock Band PS3 for $100. This was in Philadelphia, PA

[quote name='Arakias']Someone should make a summary though, I can confirm:

PS3
$20 GTAIV 260-1016
$20 MGS4 260-1110
$30 GTA IV

Xbox 360
$25 Wireless Headset

Wii
$32 Smash Bros Brawl[/QUOTE]

So, GTAIV is how much?

[quote name='JawnMan']Again, yesterday when I went they had Rock Band PS3 for $100. This was in Philadelphia, PA[/QUOTE]

i can confirm rock band for $100 out here in Emeryville, CA. for 360 and ps3.

[quote name='theflicker']So, GTAIV is how much?[/QUOTE]

Err, retarded on my part. It was $30.
Damnit for those people quoting me and making me look dumber than I normally are.

[quote name='Arakias']Err, retarded on my part. It was $30.
Damnit for those people quoting me and making me look dumber than I normally are.[/QUOTE]

Heh, not a problem. I just ordered my copy from Overstock and got thrown for a second here.

[quote name='Arakias']Err, retarded on my part. It was $30.
Damnit for those people quoting me and making me look dumber than I normally are.[/quote]

I got a quote on the phone for one location at $29.97 and he said something about a guitar hero II for 360 being $20 but he did not say if it had the guitar or not which at this point I think most people are getting GH'ed out

I'm thinking of picking up some games for resale... which of the commonly found games do you think will generate the most profit? I'll probably pick up SCIV for 360 for play, though...

Picked up last MGS4 for $20 and GT:prologue for $10 at my local RS (San Jose, CA near Evergreen). Thanks!

GTAIV was $55.

[quote name='safire']I'm thinking of picking up some games for resale... which of the commonly found games do you think will generate the most profit? I'll probably pick up SCIV for 360 for play, though...[/quote]

1. You're probably too late.
2. None of the games being sold will generate that much of a profit as, they're older titles.
3. Being a newbie and asking for help on your reseller habits, is probably going to get you labeled as a Fatwallet or Slicks Deals fucker, so don't expect happy responses.

[quote name='dragonjud']1. You're probably too late.
2. None of the games being sold will generate that much of a profit as, they're older titles.
3. Being a newbie and asking for help on your reseller habits, is probably going to get you labeled as a Fatwallet or Slicks Deals fucker, so don't expect happy responses.[/quote]

Yeah figures, I just joined the site on Black Friday (only heard of it a few days before), and after all the games I bought from this site's posts, I need a way to recuperate my bank account.

Oh, and found SCIV in springfield, va. The other 6 stores I called within 5 miles didn't have it GRR

has anyone found soul calibur 3 for the PS3. i only see the 360 version listed on the website and none of the stores i've been to have the display case for the PS3 version

If you're in SoCal I had a store check for me as I was looking for PS3 SCIV too, only 1 left in Huntington Beach, i'm too lazy to drive the 30 minutes or so for me, I found this out after I already went to 4 other RS's.

Ended up getting SCIV 360 and Ratchet for $30 with coupon!, Thanks CAG!

My RS had some DS games. I think brain age was 12.99 on clearance. Didnt pay much attention. Lego indiana jones was 19.99 on PS2 and wii I believe.

Radioshack Confirmed Clearance List (Radioshack product code)

PS3
$20 MGS4 260-1110
$30 GTA IV 260-1016
$10 MLB Baseball 2k8 260-1066
$20 NCAA Football 09 260-1134
$20 Soul Calibur IV 260-1081

Xbox 360
$25 Wireless Headset 260-1048
$20 Lost Odyssey
$20 Soul Calibur
$10 MLB Baseball 2k8

Wii
$32 Smash Bros Brawl
$30 Warioland Shake It

PS2
$20 Lego Indiana Jones
$6 Guitar Hero Encore Rock the 80s
$20 Guitar Hero Legends of Rock
$20 NCAA Football 09
$12 MLB Baseball 2k8
$13 Madden 09 260-1138

PSP
$20 God of War Chains of Olympus (clearance?)

DS
$17.47 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (clearance?)

image 1
image 2
image 3

[quote name='wildnuts02']has anyone found soul calibur 3 for the PS3. i only see the 360 version listed on the website and none of the stores i've been to have the display case for the PS3 version[/quote]

You mean SCIV, right? ;)

I didn't find it on the site but if you can find it in the store, it should also be $19.97.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back