Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

Thanks to this thread, I got the last copies of Soul Calibur IV, MGS4, and Ratchet & Clank Future, all for $19.97 each. Deal of the year to me!

Thanks a lot, ended up getting a 360 wireless headset from the Radioshack in Pasadena on Spencer Hwy near Strawberry across from Krogers. They had display boxes for just about everything on the list, but I passed as I only wanted the headset.

The Pearland TX store by 518 & 288 had nothing, manager said they probably had a Guitar Hero somewhere in the back, however I had no interest.

Went back to RadioShack (14th St, NYC) and bought an Xbox 360 wireless headset for $25! The guys working there are very friendly, so I'm happy to go there.

They also had Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for 360 and PS2 for $20, but I'd rather spend that $20 on MS Points for Rock Band DLC.

Have heard good things about the wireless but was not willing to spend $60 on them. Wired have problems, I have gone through like 5 or 6

Maybe they transferred stock to another location. Thats what happened at mine, they transferred all games to the mall location from the outskirts one.

[quote name='badnewsbrown']I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.[/QUOTE]

galaxy is $25 at blockbuster.

Wireless Headset is worth the $60 price Tag (Try to hunt down the Halo green Wirless Headset, better quality) The White wireless ones are known to have a few problems(low number of units)

had the Halo Headset for over a year, not a single problem yet

got Ratchet and Clank for $20 at the one in cumberland mall in atlanta..
bastards teased me with a display box for madden 09 ($30, ps3) but didnt have any in stock. appeared to have it for 360 for the same price, soul calibur 4 was definitely in the $20-30 range, and they had gta4 for both systems for $20 i think. now to find more radio shacks that inexplicably have games..

[quote name='doctordoom']In for R&CF:ToD and MGS4 at the FSK Mall and Frederick Town Mall respectively in Frederick, MD.[/quote]

Hey can you report back on if you managed to snag a good price? I stopped by the FSK/Frederick Town Mall Radio Shacks on Friday while doing some X-mas shopping (and after reading this thread), but I never asked them to ring specific titles up to see if they were clearanced. I would love to pick up RAC at a good price... the fred target had it on "clearance" for $42.00, but that's not quite the deal I'm looking for.

[quote name='eastshore4']Hey can you report back on if you managed to snag a good price? I stopped by the FSK/Frederick Town Mall Radio Shacks on Friday while doing some X-mas shopping (and after reading this thread), but I never asked them to ring specific titles up to see if they were clearanced. I would love to pick up RAC at a good price... the fred target had it on "clearance" for $42.00, but that's not quite the deal I'm looking for.[/quote]

I went to a couple stores in Fairfax County VA, they had lots of different games available, and at the commonly quoted prices found on this thread.

In Pittsburgh the South Hills Village Mall RadioShack had Gran Turismo Prologue for $10 which I got, they showed Soul Calibur IV for $20 but I passed. Across the way from Gamestop, but thankfully couldnt find anything for their separate 3 for 2 deal.

[quote name='eastshore4']Hey can you report back on if you managed to snag a good price? I stopped by the FSK/Frederick Town Mall Radio Shacks on Friday while doing some X-mas shopping (and after reading this thread), but I never asked them to ring specific titles up to see if they were clearanced. I would love to pick up RAC at a good price... the fred target had it on "clearance" for $42.00, but that's not quite the deal I'm looking for.[/quote]

Both were the $20 clearance price. I got R&C at FSK with MGS being OOS, I don't know if FTM has R&C since I'd already gotten it. Don't forget the RS on 7th Street too.

I just wanted to give locations for people in my area.
Albany, NY Area, all games were spotted on Friday or Sat 12-13th

Colonie Center Radio Shack
:360: Ninja Gaiden, MLB 2k8, Lost Odossessy(sp?), Sorry I got Soul Calibur
:ps3: GT Prologue, MGS Solid, GTA4

Behind Mohawk Commons (schenectady):
:360: Madden '09

Latham Farms:
:360: Ninja Gaiden

Rotterdam Square
:360: Lost Odossessy, Ninja Gaiden
:ps3: GTA IV

Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Couldn't resist went back and picked up the last wireless head set for 24.99. Is this site saving me money or making me spend more...lol[/QUOTE]

Bittersweet isnt it!

I hate to love the site thats for sure.

Pittsburgh South Side, picked up Madden09 for $15... but I'll probably take it back. I dunno yet. Other games there as well... No SC4.

Should I keep Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? Anybody played it much? I've obviously read a lot about it from metacritic. But nothing beats a review from a fellow CAG.

Picked up a copy of Ninja Gaiden II on 360 for $21.XX after tax. The Waterford Lakes location Radioshack still had a pretty decent selection. Controllers, games, accessories, etc.

[quote name='regis100']Should I keep Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? Anybody played it much? I've obviously read a lot about it from metacritic. But nothing beats a review from a fellow CAG.[/quote]

I have the same question. It seems like an ok game but i bought it for 10 and I know I can sell it for 40 so I might just have to wait for the full game.

[quote name='lukisha']I have the same question. It seems like an ok game but i bought it for 10 and I know I can sell it for 40 so I might just have to wait for the full game.[/quote]

sell it for $40? good luck with that :roll:

[quote name='lukisha']I have the same question. It seems like an ok game but i bought it for 10 and I know I can sell it for 40 so I might just have to wait for the full game.[/quote]

Hmm, yeah, okay. Let me know how that sale for $40.00 goes.

[quote name='lukisha']I have the same question. It seems like an ok game but i bought it for 10 and I know I can sell it for 40 so I might just have to wait for the full game.[/quote]See that door right there named "Egress"? That's your door, step through and close behind you, please.

[quote name='Poor2More']Wireless Headset is worth the $60 price Tag (Try to hunt down the Halo green Wirless Headset, better quality) The White wireless ones are known to have a few problems(low number of units)

had the Halo Headset for over a year, not a single problem yet[/quote]

Not 100% accurate.

The crappy wireless headsets come with an AC charger.

The updated headsets come with a USB charger. There are white headsets that come with the USB charger.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Still a great game, though.[/quote]

What makes it great? What do you like most about it?

Reviews from real people like you (instead of video game media) are most important to me. Reviews by professional reviewers are ok, but your opinion is more useful to me than those other people for many reasons.

Honestly they have gotten better. At least they sell modern stuff now. But really they stay in business because they have random parts for stuff you can't get anywhere else

Quasidodo - I went to the one in Burke near Lake Braddock High School. They had lots of accessories, and as far as games go, they had for 360: SCIV, Halo, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden, GH: Aerosmith, and perhaps some others I cannot remember. Did not look at their ps3 stock though. I called all the local ones, most were very good about telling me what they had. I'd try this one over the ones near Fair Lakes, less young people shopping at this area.

No dice for me, it was a rather dissapointing experience to be honest. I visited one, and called two of them, but they all said all they had were a couple new releases, and older sports games. What makes it the most frusterating is that all of the Radioshacks around here keep their games on display even when they don't have them in stock... even after they say it's OOS, they don't take the displays down! The one I went to still had Shadow of the Colossus on display

Well, in regards to how I feel about GT~

$10 is just about the right price for an incomplete game. If you have a nice setup then you will love how well done the game is. The graphics and sound are incredible. With that being said, the game does feel short sided. You have enough races to keep you entertained for awhile but you're probably going to want to re-buy the complete version. I would not pay any more than $10 though.

Just to note: I attempted to do a return of GTA4 PS3 and re-buy with a $20 game to use the coupon (which, surprisingly, the cashier was totally cool with) but GTA4 was back up to full price.

I don't know if this is chain-wide, but in my area I guess it was only $30 for a weekend sale.

Edit: Scored scIV and Ratchet for $31.74 at a different Radioshack. cag once again saves me a bundle, yet at the same time makes me spend money I otherwise wouldn't have let go.

Last edited by a moderator:
625_12_15_2008_03_16_00PM_RS_receipt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to add to my Radioshack list

MGS4 - 20 bucks
Ratchet - 20 bucks

plus some gum (1.35) minus the 10 dollar off 40 coupon comes out 34.xx for 2 games and Gum :D

[quote name='david12795']Hmm i called one of the radioshacks near me and they have MGS4 for 20. Not sure if I want to spend the money now.[/QUOTE]

For what it is worth, MGS4 is absolutely worth the $20.
And if you can find another $20 game you want, there is a $10-off-$40 coupon, so $30 for 2 games is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back