Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

Closest Radio Shack with games to me is an hour in a direction I never go, but I finally had a chance to go yesterday. Got the last Soul Calibur 4 360, and the last Lego Indy.

I went to my local one and they had Lego Indy and Assassins Creed for $20. Only game i was looking for was Soul Calibur 4 so i ended up not buying anything.

A poster over on SD is reporting Gears of War 2 is coming up $25. Can someone check this out if they are going to Radio Shack?

Have two Radio Shacks that both sell consoles and video games. The first one, a mile away, didn't have the game at all, but I did finally find Ninja Gaiden II for $19.99! Went to the second one, two miles away and they have it on display w/ the tag of $49.99, and I had the cashier scan it, and it is what the tag says, $49.99

xbox 360 wireless headsets for $19.99 (from $24.99).

Out of stock but that's the last price ticketed on the display so they might be more out there somewhere.

[quote name='mtxbass1']A poster over on SD is reporting Gears of War 2 is coming up $25. Can someone check this out if they are going to Radio Shack?[/QUOTE]
It's $60 on their website and their website typically reflects in-store prices so either it's this guy's one store or he's lying.

[quote name='mtxbass1']A poster over on SD is reporting Gears of War 2 is coming up $25. Can someone check this out if they are going to Radio Shack?[/quote]

Gears of War 2 at RS in Bayonne, NJ came up $59.99 two days ago and in Brooklyn listed as $59.99 today.

[quote name='mtxbass1']A poster over on SD is reporting Gears of War 2 is coming up $25. Can someone check this out if they are going to Radio Shack?[/quote]

I tried yesterday when I went. It GoW2 still rang up for $54.

My total haul from Radio Shack is now:

MGS4 x 3 (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank (PS3)
Soul Caibur IV (360)
Wireless headset x2 (360)
Guitar Hero Aerosmith (360)

GTA IV $27.99 (360) (I might return this now that I have 2 used but new copies from BlockBuster; it'll be back to full price though) :bouncy:

Ninja Gaiden II and Lost Odyssey (360) are ordered and on the way. Also for $19.99 each.

Printed off the -$10 coupon double-sided in color and was able to use it, which brough the second headset down to $14.99.

After much visiting to the store, I finally learned last night that Soul Calibur, which was ordered specifically for me, had been in the back of the store for 3 days. They were supposed to call me once it arrived. (Looks like someone didn't want to part with it, but it's mine now! ;)

I was online at Radio Shack's website a couple of days ago and ordered Wario: Shake it for $29.99 (and they are delivering it to my closest Radio Shack for pickup for FREE).

[quote name='debetz']I was online at Radio Shack's website a couple of days ago and ordered Wario: Shake it for $29.99 (and they are delivering it to my closest Radio Shack for pickup for FREE).[/quote]

Yeah, I've been able to get a couple of those, where the deal is web only, but my store still orders it and honors it.

Reminds me I have to try to see if they'll bite with Assassin's Creed. I won't buy it new for too much, but $20 is not bad.

[quote name='norkusa']Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/QUOTE]

I usually have that mentality. I know how to read and rarely need assistance so generally I'd like to shop without feeling like I'm at a used car lot. So many places (Radio Shack is about as bad as it gets) constantly ask you if you need help and sometimes follow you around and kind of look over your shoulder. Last time I was at Radio Shack I did I ask the location of a item and he picked the item out for me and basically stood there waiting for me to move along. As though once the items were located I couldn't/shouldn't select exactly which one I wanted.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I previously got MGS4 for 19.99, tonight i got GT5P for 9.99. I had them ring up the wireless 360 headset, came up 34.99 still.[/quote]

At the RS in The Parks Mall in Arlington, TX it rang up $49.99 :cry:. I got the last GT5P for $10 though :D.

Went to a Radio Shack about 30 mins away today looking for Gears 2...didn't find it although I did pick up:

Zelda DS for $5.97! :hot:

Other DS games were 19.99, MGS4 was 19.99 and GT5 Prologue was 14.xx.

Finally decided to check out the local radio shack after reading this thread for two weeks now.They had Ratchet and clank,assasins creed and Metal gear solid 4.Picked up Ratchet and Clank.Not sure what they had 360 wise.

Hit up another radioshack. This manager was being a real asshole. He was like "I'm a manager and I know everything, this store is mine mine mine and I don't think we have any mgs4 in stock but let me go check anyway." and yes he did say that. So he goes check and behold, 2 copies of MGS4. So the total rings up to $39.97 plus $2.43 tax and i was going to use this coupon (use $40 get $10 off) but the managers like "oh that doesnt work, IT ONLY WORKS ONE ITEM THAT IS WORTH $40 and your a dollar away but I'll be nice and let you buy something so you can go over $39.97" then i was said "Can't you just scan the coupon if it works? because the tax adds up to $42" and heres what he said "No if I do that, the store will lose money, I'm the manager here! its not about the coupon." wtf. so i ended up buying up a some 10 dollar headphones and total comes to $40 with coupon.

Please tell me what I did wrong?

[quote name='david12795']Hit up another radioshack. This manager was being a real asshole. He was like "I'm a manager and I know everything, this store is mine mine mine and I don't think we have any mgs4 in stock but let me go check anyway." and yes he did say that. So he goes check and behold, 2 copies of MGS4. So the total rings up to $39.97 plus $2.43 tax and i was going to use this coupon (use $40 get $10 off) but the managers like "oh that doesnt work, IT ONLY WORKS ONE ITEM THAT IS WORTH $40 and your a dollar away but I'll be nice and let you buy something so you can go over $39.97" then i was said "Can't you just scan the coupon if it works? because the tax adds up to $42" and heres what he said "No if I do that, the store will lose money, I'm the manager here! its not about the coupon." wtf. so i ended up buying up a some 10 dollar headphones and total comes to $40 with coupon.

Please tell me what I did wrong?[/quote]

Sorry you had such a bad time with this guy. He's right in that the total before tax must reach $40, but he's lying about it having the $40 amount apply only to one item. You can buy any number of items the total $40 or more.

The only restriction is that the coupon can only be used once *per visit.*

You could technically come back an hour later and use another of your $10 coupons.

As for buying the headphones -- unnecessary. All you had to do was buy a cheap pack of batteries for your fire alarm, a single DVD, or something like that to push your total over $40. At my Radio Shack, there are tons of coupons for cheap batteries all over the store.

At least you came away with the goods, though! :bouncy:

Consider returning your headphones on a shift when the manager isn't there, but be sure to check that the discount wasn't applied to the headphones. When I used the coupon, I noticed they applied the coupon to highest priced item first, in the event you should bring it back they lose less money and you don't benefit by getting to keep a game for $9.99 instead of $19.99.

[quote name='david12795']Hit up another radioshack. This manager was being a real asshole. He was like "I'm a manager and I know everything, this store is mine mine mine and I don't think we have any mgs4 in stock but let me go check anyway." and yes he did say that. So he goes check and behold, 2 copies of MGS4. So the total rings up to $39.97 plus $2.43 tax and i was going to use this coupon (use $40 get $10 off) but the managers like "oh that doesnt work, IT ONLY WORKS ONE ITEM THAT IS WORTH $40 and your a dollar away but I'll be nice and let you buy something so you can go over $39.97" then i was said "Can't you just scan the coupon if it works? because the tax adds up to $42" and heres what he said "No if I do that, the store will lose money, I'm the manager here! its not about the coupon." wtf. so i ended up buying up a some 10 dollar headphones and total comes to $40 with coupon.

Please tell me what I did wrong?[/quote]

you let him live.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Sorry you had such a bad time with this guy. He's right in that the total before tax must reach $40, but he's lying about it having the $40 amount apply only to one item. You can buy any number of items the total $40 or more.

The only restriction is that the coupon can only be used once *per visit.*

You could technically come back an hour later and use another of your $10 coupons.

As for buying the headphones -- unnecessary. All you had to do was buy a cheap pack of batteries for your fire alarm, a single DVD, or something like that to push your total over $40. At my Radio Shack, there are tons of coupons for cheap batteries all over the store.

At least you came away with the goods, though! :bouncy:

Consider returning your headphones on a shift when the manager isn't there, but be sure to check that the discount wasn't applied to the headphones. When I used the coupon, I noticed they applied the coupon to highest priced item first, in the event you should bring it back they lose less money and you don't benefit by getting to keep a game for $9.99 instead of $19.99.[/quote]

True, but he didnt have any moral to just give me the 10 dollar off anyway with the tax. Several people on CAG have got the coupon to work, guess I just got bad luck on it.

[quote name='david12795']True, but he didnt have any moral to just give me the 10 dollar off anyway with the tax. Several people on CAG have got the coupon to work, guess I just got bad luck on it.[/quote]

yeah after buying a pack of gum.

Thanks for posting the link to the coupon, I didn't purchase any games but picked up a few small things as christmas presents and saved 10 bucks :) thanks again

If anyone wanted to know, Burke VA had Lego Indiana Jones for $25 GH:Aerosmith for $20 (360) and what looked like mario for DS, maybe a couple other games.

I spotted an official wired xbox 360 controller tagged at $20.xx, but scanned for $12.77. Hopefully, there are further discounts on other clearance accessories. Happy hunting.

[quote name='david12795']True, but he didnt have any moral to just give me the 10 dollar off anyway with the tax. Several people on CAG have got the coupon to work, guess I just got bad luck on it.[/quote]

He was a prick, but he has rules to follow, as well.

At my RS, the manager didn't take my black and white copies of the coupon, after the fact. But he did take my 2-sided color coupon, which looked like it was ripped out of the Entertainment guide. The coupon cost a dollar to print off at Office Depot. I've used one and will use the other next week when my other games come in.

[quote name='Telemakhos']He was a prick, but he has rules to follow, as well.

At my RS, the manager didn't take my black and white copies of the coupon, after the fact. But he did take my 2-sided color coupon, which looked like it was ripped out of the Entertainment guide. The coupon cost a dollar to print off at Office Depot. I've used one and will use the other next week when my other games come in.[/quote]

A dollar? was there any way to print off more than one on a sheet?

[quote name='shoe478']A dollar? was there any way to print off more than one on a sheet?[/quote]

the pdf prints two coupons per page. if you try to make the image any smaller to print more to a page, it would raise an eyebrow and you likely wouldn't get the deal.

but, it worked clean as a whistle at Office Depot's print center (they charge 49 cents per page, which made it a dollar for a two-sided print.

still a $19 deal.

[quote name='Telemakhos']the pdf prints two coupons per page. if you try to make the image any smaller to print more to a page, it would raise an eyebrow and you likely wouldn't get the deal.

but, it worked clean as a whistle at Office Depot's print center (they charge 49 cents per page, which made it a dollar for a two-sided print.

still a $19 deal.[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting and pasting the coupon multiple times in a 2 page word doc. and printing that.

[quote name='shoe478']I was thinking more along the lines of cutting and pasting the coupon multiple times in a 2 page word doc. and printing that.[/quote]

I think the coupon would then be too small and it wouldn't be authentic.

Print at actual size for best results.

Got me a wireless headset for 30$,ninja gaiden 2 24$ and soulcalibur 24$....It was in Puerto Rico at the ESCORIAL MALL store, notice that the items were not marked either way...I had to ask the employee and she scanned them without any problem, told her I saw them at a lower price, and she was very surprised...Not bad, thanks cheapassgamer.com!

I've noticed a trend at Radio Shacks to never remove the empty game cases from the shelves even when they are no longer in stock. At three Radio Shacks I went to, they had all the game cases out on display, but didn't have the games in stock at all. ...AND to top it off, at one store, once they told me they no longer had the games in stock, the employee proceeded to put the empty cases right back on the shelf in front of me! I said nothing and just left.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I spotted an official wired xbox 360 controller tagged at $20.xx, but scanned for $12.77. Hopefully, there are further discounts on other clearance accessories. Happy hunting.[/quote]
I'm going *back* to Radio Shack for this. The other one I've got here in town had the same thing marked for the same price... :)

Just got my Ninja Gaiden 2 for $9.99 thanks to the coupon. My Lost Odyssey for $19.99 will be coming after the holiday.

Had to buy a cell phone holster to bring the price over $40. No problem. I'll take it back for a refund within 30 days. ;)

That is the last of the Radio Shack deals I'll be getting this year.

Just a heads up: I saw Gears of War 2 had dropped from $56 down to $49. It would be nice to see this game drop further before or after the New Year.

Merry X-Mas to all! :)

Anybody know what time Radio Shack opens tomorrow? I'm out in the country for Christmas, passed one while traveling and plan to go back to see if they've got Soul Calibur IV for 360, but I want to leave around 8:30 or so to head back home. I've got a 3 hour drive ahead of me.

[quote name='josekortez']Anybody know what time Radio Shack opens tomorrow? I'm out in the country for Christmas, passed one while traveling and plan to go back to see if they've got Soul Calibur IV for 360, but I want to leave around 8:30 or so to head back home. I've got a 3 hour drive ahead of me.[/quote]

If you can not find one in your area do like I did and print out the page off the RS site and try to get it price matched, I was able to do it at a Bestbuy.

Just got a Radio Shack email saying that clearance stuff is an extra 10% off between from 12/26-12/31. Says "shop online and in-store", but we all know most of the good stuff doesn't show up online. Looks like it's on their home page too.

Oh yeah, Merry X-Mas!

[quote name='hordak']Just got a Radio Shack email saying that clearance stuff is an extra 10% off between from 12/26-12/31. Says "shop online and in-store", but we all know most of the good stuff doesn't show up online. Looks like it's on their home page too.

Oh yeah, Merry X-Mas![/quote]

Yep, just visited The Shack's webpage and was about to post the same thing. For clearance games, it simply means an additional $2 off.

For higher-priced clearance games, like Gears of War 2, it means the price drop saves you about $5 more. Still not sure if it's enough to bite....

[quote name='Derrick1979']If you can not find one in your area do like I did and print out the page off the RS site and try to get it price matched, I was able to do it at a Bestbuy.[/quote]what sort of print out did you use? I'd liketo take a MGS4 print out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back