Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

Just got back from Radio Shack and I scored 2 copies of Gran Turismo 5: Prologue at $9.97 a piece and Guitar Hero 3 Bundle for PS3 for 39.99.

[quote name='hordak']Just got a Radio Shack email saying that clearance stuff is an extra 10% off between from 12/26-12/31. Says "shop online and in-store", but we all know most of the good stuff doesn't show up online. Looks like it's on their home page too.

Oh yeah, Merry X-Mas![/quote]
This is indeed going on in-store. I got Ratchet and Clank and MGS4 for $18 a piece. I got the last copy of both and was thrilled.

Tried pricematching Wario Land Shake It for 29.97. When you search for it, a listing for 49.99 and a listing for 29.97 shows up. She apparently looked for the model number on the 49.99 one and it matched the model number for their listing of Wario Land, so she refused the pricematch. I asked for the manager and she laughed at me and went to get him. He was a kid in his 20s, like me, except he walked up trying to act all hard. He was a complete jerk and finished with "All I need to know is that the model numbers don't match." I called him a dick and walked away.

So be sure to bring a printout or you may run into some problems. Model number. Pft.

[quote name='yukafls']Has the 360 consoles dropped.[/quote]

It did. My Radio Shack had the Elite on clearance for $349. With the 10% off sale today, it went down to $314. Subtract the -$10 coupon and it slid down to $304 -- which is why I'm sure they sold out of them today. ;)

[quote name='yukafls']Price matched SC IV from the website to Best Buy and got it for $19.96[/quote]

Ah, good for you! So you beat me to the punch. I got home from RS a little while ago and had the manager order the last 360 copy of SC IV. Because of today's 10% discount, I got it for $17.

I tried getting a copy of Assassin's Creed, which other posters here mentioned, but the only copies availabe at RS in my region were for the PS3. Now that I think about it, I could have gotten a few copies for trade at $17.

On top of that, I scored on a copy of Gears of War 2 for $35 (clearance price of $49, -$10 coupon, -10% deal for today).

On a side note, I've dealt with the manager each time and he started to get a bit agitated about the -$10 coupon. He was like, "I know you're trying to get a good deal, but you've used the coupon like 4-5 times now! You're starting to abuse it. The games were below cost to begin with, and with the coupon, we're really losing money here."

I was like, "Nope. Only twice (which was true). I had two Entertainment books that I got from a friend ;) and they ripped out most of the coupons, but didn't use stuff like Radio Shack, Jiffy Lube, etc."

So he let me use the coupon once more to get my deal on GoW2. He's been way cool the whole time ordering games from other regional stores, when he really didn't have to, so he's 100% A-OK with me, and a cool guy, anyways. But I can see his point, too.

I then went to Virgin Record Store, which dropped the price on some of its new games down to $10, including Tony Hawk: Proving Ground.

I picked up a new $10 copy of Hellboy: The Science of Evil for the PS3. There were a ton of other new $9.99 and $14.99 games for the Wii and Nintendo DS, but I don't own either system. Just an FYI. :)

[quote name='Chase']My local Radio Shack stores suck. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Mine too! I have visited at least 6 of them and I can't find SCIV :cry:

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Entertainment coupon. I had already dumped my 2008 book and only had the 2009 one which excludes videogames.

But I used the SlickDeals PDF with no problems whatsoever, it even scanned fine.......

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=110279&d=1217600339

It will come up as forbidden, just add something to the end of the URL and refresh it......[/QUOTE]
I'm just quoting so the coupon's easier for people to find. I had to dig all the way to page 21 to find it. >=P
I need to get some wire for soldering but hopefully they'll carry some games at the one or two I might try. I've never seen games inside a Radio Shack so it seems unlikely for me. Oh well.

[quote name='yukafls']Has the 360 consoles dropped.[/quote]

Elite is $350, which is $50 off.

I was at the South St. Louis County RS on Monday, and they were pretty much cleared out. I got GH: Aerosmith 360 for $20. They had some $60 guitar bundles, the consoles, NG 2 for $20 (already had it) and some PS3 games for $45 (including CoD: WatW.)

I'm going to hit a few Radio Shacks, and I'm interested in the DS battery that's been mentioned a few times. Does anyone know if it's for the DS fat, DS Lite, or both?

I'm pretty sure the dS and lite use the same battery. I think the phat battery has two extra tab you have to (easily) remove to get it to fit inside a lite but aside from that you should be golden far as i recall.

No metal gear at my Radioshack but I did pick up Rachet and Clank Future Tools of destruction for $20 OTD.

[quote name='Eyecue']Mine too! I have visited at least 6 of them and I can't find SCIV :cry:[/QUOTE] I used their store locater online since SCIV for the 360 was still listed. Don't know if that helps you or not but you can always ask them to check other stores around you as well when you're at one.

[quote name='mitch079']I used their store locater online since SCIV for the 360 was still listed. Don't know if that helps you or not but you can always ask them to check other stores around you as well when you're at one.[/QUOTE]

They only list the SCIV for Xbox, I need the PS3 version. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='mitch079']I used their store locater online since SCIV for the 360 was still listed. Don't know if that helps you or not but you can always ask them to check other stores around you as well when you're at one.[/quote]

FYI: most clearance items don't show up online.

Just got back. The last time I went I was rather pissed off because they didn't seem to have any of the games on display in stock(I was mainly looking for R&C), but I stopped by again today, and they had what I imagine was the rest of their stock behind the glass at the register. Picked UP SCIV PS3 and MGS4 for $38. I didn't even have to bring in a coupon or mention it, they scanned the 10% code right off the bat!

GTA and MGS4 as well. I got Ratchet and I can't seem to find MGS so I'm gonna call it a win and stop looking sides I just picked up SingStar Bundle for $10 clearanced at Sears. I'm having a good week.

good luck to the rest of you guys still hunting but I'm unsubscribing. later.

Most of what little clearance items my local RS even has are in either opened or damaged packaging. There were hardly any games, but I did manage to get a wired Xbox 360 controller for $18.24 and a Nyko PS2 8MB memory card for $5.37. The controller had been opened but appeared to be unused so I went ahead a bought it. There was also a 360 wireless headset, but it too had been opened and was marked at $34 so I passed.

I just picked up Guitar Hero III Bundle for $36 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for $8.99. Saw MGS4 for $18.99 as well. The only things left were PS3 games, lucky me. :D Had CoD WaW for $36.99 as well. Didn't look at controllers or anything like that, since I am set in that department.

Note: My store had an additional 10% off of clearance items; add 10% to all those prices to get the regular clearance price.

EDIT" SCIV was $19.99 for PS3 as well, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm pretty sure the dS and lite use the same battery. I think the phat battery has two extra tab you have to (easily) remove to get it to fit inside a lite but aside from that you should be golden far as i recall.
[/quote]

Thanks! I've got a store near me that has them, I guess I'll get a couple.

sigh...i went to 5 different radioshack for GT prologue...didnt find it
why are the workers so dumb? so incompetent. they are so unhappy

can anyone find me GT prologue? I have paypal. please pm me

Can anyone who was able to find some of the games provide the missing inventory numbers please?

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - $30.00
Mario Party 8 - $30.00
Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar - $6.27
Link's Cross Bow Training - $12.XX
SSB Brawl - $32 OR $20.00
Warioland Shake It - $30.00

:ds:
Legend of Zelda: the Phantom Hourglass - $15.00
DS Battery - $3.49
Mario Kart DS - $20.00
Pokemon Diamond - $20.00
Pokemon Pearl $20.00
Flash Focus - $8.47
Guitar Hero: On Tour - $17.47
Brain Age - $12.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - $17.47

:360:
Madden 08 - $10.00
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $10.00
Halo 3 - $30.00
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $40.00
Project Gotham Racing 4 - $20.00
GTA IV - $29.97
Lego Indiana Jones - $40.00
Lost Odyssey - $19.99
Soul Calibur IV - $19.97
MLB Baseball 2k8 - $9.99
Ninja Gaiden II - $19.99
Guitar Hero 3 w/ Guitar- $59.99 OR $100
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) - $20.00
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (game only) - $19.97
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith w/ Guitar - $19.96
Rock Band Special Edition - $99 OR $109
Wireless Headset - $24.97
Wired Controller - $20.00
Wired Controler for Windows - $15.00

:ps3:
GTA IV - $29.97 [260-1016]
Soul Calibur IV - $19.97 [260-1081]
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (PS3) - $24.97
Guitar Hero 3 Bundle (PS3) - $59.97
Sixaxis Controller - $27.97 / $19.97 / $16.XX / $14.97
MGS4 - $19.99 [ 260-1110]
NCAA football 09 - $19.97
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - $19.97 [260-0964]
Gran Turismo 5 prologue - $9.97
Gran Turismo 5 - $10.00
Rock Band Bundle - 100
MLB Baseball 2k8 - $10.00 [260-1066]
NCAA Football 09 - $20.00 [260-1134]
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle - $19.96

:ps2:
Madden 08 - $10.00
Shadow of the Colossus - $20.00
WWE Smackdown VS. Raw 2008 - $3.97
GH: Aerosmith (game only) - $19.97
Lego INdiana Jones - $19.99
Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - $6.00
Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock - $20.00
NCAA Football 09 - $20.00
MLB Baseball 2k8 - $12.00
Madden 09 - $13.00 [260-1138]

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus - $20.00
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 - $15.00

???
Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's - $14.99
Guitar Hero 3 Wired bundle (white) - 19.97 [POS = 26-1115]

Went to Radio Shack on Spencer Hwy across from Krogers in Pasadena TX (between Strawberry & Burke) again. They still have a ton of games so I ended up picking up MGS4 for PS3 for my friend. It's been 2 weeks since my last visit there so I was surprised they still had so much. It was $17.99 before tax. No Ratchet and Clank for PS3.

Today I saw an XBox 360 Elite system on clearance for $349.97. After 10% off that comes out to about $315. Not bad if you're in the market for one.

[quote name='Josef']Today I saw an XBox 360 Elite system on clearance for $349.97. After 10% off that comes out to about $315. Not bad if you're in the market for one.[/quote]

And if you have the -$10 coupon, even better.

I had a clerk bring one up to the counter, and the one I saw was produced in January 2008. Compared to the October 2008 Elite I received from Buy.com, it might be a Zephyr instead of a Falcon.

I bought [weeks ago] an Xbox 360 Wireless Headset for the wifey, and 2 packs of Rasinettes [as filler] for a total of about $30 [w/coupon].

Thanks OP/coupon posters.

Just picked up a Xbox 360 Wireless Headset for 22.49 in Downtown Detroit, MI. I called at least 15 Radio Shacks within the surrounding suburbs and all of them were sold out.

It was 24.99 but the woman at the store applied a 10% discount, making it 22.49 before tax and a 1 dollar donation.

Thanks OP!!! Great Deal! :applause:

[quote name='Ksinclair']Picked Up Soul Calibur 4, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 for about 18 each before tax.[/quote]

grr. it is a great deal, but you should have used the -$10 coupon to get that deal down to $44. The coupon doesn't expire until 12/31.

YMMV.On the 360 wireless network adapter.I went to 4 Radio Shacks and 3 had it at $99.00 only one had it at $89.00.

[quote name='Chronis']There's been a few topics on the Radio Shack clearance but... wow, Galaxy for $30? I may have to look into that... after it drops a little more.[/quote]

Galaxy was $25 new at Blockbuster, though I'm not sure if it was just a temp price drop during Christmas or if it's a universal drop.

picked up shadow of the colossus and GH: Rox 80's for $5.97

wanted R&C but i dont have a ps3 lol
may pick up madden 09 for ps2 later, $20 is too much, maybe at $13

Just picked up Madden 09(360) for $18.87($20.97-10% off), and MLB 2K8 for $8.97($9.97-10% off). The clerk told me that the games were discontinued so the computer is taking 10% off.

Does anyone have a site link for MGS 4 so I can check the local stores for possible stock without having to trek out to all of them? I checked one of the mall stores already, but I didn't even think of checking the other one even though I was right by there.

Also while you are there look around lots of stuff on clearance especially if your into RC stuff, found RC battery and charger for my son's H2 only .97 picked up 2 works like a charm, also AAA and AA batteries 40 packs for $9, for
all those Christmas toys. Sorry if off topic, just want to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back