AJVtony831

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Saw this on BFads.net

$199.99 Xbox 360 4gb slim console with Kinect

$199.99 PS3 160gb with a $20 gift card

$34.99 Dualshock Controller for PS3

If we can't post BF deals yet, then I apologize.

Wow these are acually good deals from radio shack. If I didn't have one console or the other I would seriously consider jumping on one of these. That is if amazon or another retailer doesn't have just as good of a deal or better

I'm really amazed that Radio Shack has managed to stay in business so long. Their prices aren't really that good compared to others, they rarely have customers in their stores, their workers seem to hound me whenever I browse their store, and their name is Radio Shack! I thought they'd be long gone by now, lol (not that I want them to go, I'm just surprised they haven't)

[quote name='AJVtony831']$199.99 Xbox 360 4gb slim console with Kinect.[/QUOTE]

This is a great deal especially since I've been waiting to upgrade to a slim.
Hoping amazon has something like this or better.

I don't have any interest in Kinect so I'd rather just a 360 deal for like $99 or something. Or perhaps I could just resell the Kinect, hmm

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm really amazed that Radio Shack has managed to stay in business so long. Their prices aren't really that good compared to others, they rarely have customers in their stores, their workers seem to hound me whenever I browse their store, and their name is Radio Shack! I thought they'd be long gone by now, lol (not that I want them to go, I'm just surprised they haven't)[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I worked there for two years while I was in college and even with my employee discount their prices were so much higher than other retailers. Not to mention the fact that unless it was the Christmas shopping season(Nov-Dec) there was barely anyone coming into the store.

I wonder how many systems each store will have, guessing this is the door buster stuff? I'd like to pick up a 4GB Kinect system bundle to upgrade my 120 GB elite system.

[quote name='Tantalus']Damn, controllers are still that high?[/QUOTE]
Yep and this is the annual price for RS. Past three years they've had them this cheap, but sometimes it's better to wait on a game combo for $55.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't have any interest in Kinect so I'd rather just a 360 deal for like $99 or something. Or perhaps I could just resell the Kinect, hmm[/QUOTE]

ha! keep dreaming, you won't see a $99 Xbox360 until the product line is dead, even then its tough to say ($100 does seem to be every consoles death rattle, except the PS2..go figure) but yeah, try to pawn off the Kinect, maybe on CL or something, I wouldn't try online though..

the real question here is who would forsake waiting in line at Best Buy, Target or even Wal-Mart, to stand outside a Radio Shack when they will probably only have 4 consoles to sell altogether?

[quote name='token2k6']ha! keep dreaming, you won't see a $99 Xbox360 until the product line is dead, even then its tough to say ($100 does seem to be every consoles death rattle, except the PS2..go figure) but yeah, try to pawn off the Kinect, maybe on CL or something, I wouldn't try online though..

the real question here is who would forsake waiting in line at Best Buy, Target or even Wal-Mart, to stand outside a Radio Shack when they will probably only have 4 consoles to sell altogether?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there's been a $99 360 BF deal in the past. You seem to be talking in terms of official price drops, and I agree that the 360 won't officially drop to $99 for some time (if ever). But in terms of a Black Friday deal, it's much more likely.

if anything this deal is pretty much $125 xbox slim and $75 kinect, but still I wonder if bestbuy will pm this since radioshacks are about a few good miles away from where I will be

[quote name='Tantalus']Damn, controllers are still that high?[/QUOTE]

MSRP on Dual Shock 3's new are $55. As Jodou said, this is the 3rd consecutive year RS has had a sale on them and this is the cheapest the controllers ever get new at retail.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm really amazed that Radio Shack has managed to stay in business so long. Their prices aren't really that good compared to others, they rarely have customers in their stores, their workers seem to hound me whenever I browse their store, and their name is Radio Shack! I thought they'd be long gone by now, lol (not that I want them to go, I'm just surprised they haven't)[/QUOTE]

Its all about residual income for them

Cell phone plans and satellite subscriptions is what keeps them afloat

[quote name='exaznkid']if anything this deal is pretty much $125 xbox slim and $75 kinect, but still I wonder if bestbuy will pm this since radioshacks are about a few good miles away from where I will be[/QUOTE]

Best Buy doesn't price match on Black Friday. You'd have to go to Wal-Mart, they're the only ones I'm aware of that PM Black Friday ads.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Best Buy doesn't price match on Black Friday. You'd have to go to Wal-Mart, they're the only ones I'm aware of that PM Black Friday ads.[/QUOTE]

Since when? Granted, it's been a few years since I went out on BF, (Thanks, Amazon!) but Best Buy price matched the TV I bought that was in the Circuit City BF ad that year. (2006)

I know they price match regulary, so unless it's advertised as a doorbuster, I can't see why they wouldn't price match...

[quote name='spawnvader']Since when? Granted, it's been a few years since I went out on BF, (Thanks, Amazon!) but Best Buy price matched the TV I bought that was in the Circuit City BF ad that year. (2006)

I know they price match regulary, so unless it's advertised as a doorbuster, I can't see why they wouldn't price match...[/QUOTE]

That's when Best Buy was killing Circuit City. Now they feel pretty damn good about themselves.

[quote name='token2k6']ha! keep dreaming, you won't see a $99 Xbox360 until the product line is dead[/QUOTE]

Well, we saw essentially $100 360s when the old fat versions were replaced by the slim. I even got an extra Arcade 360 Spring Bundle with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazzoie Nuts & Bolts from Target for $120 with a $40 GC, or something like that. It was definitely $80 total, whatever it was. Awesome deal.

I also bought a kinect bundle, though it was on Monday. Sure it really isn't $100 off the price of the system, but in the end, you will being spending that $100 on something(s).

[quote name='marioman']Please best buy, do something similar to this. That is were all my credit is at.[/QUOTE]you can always buy a AMZ card or pre-paid visa.

[quote name='Tantalus']Damn, controllers are still that high?[/QUOTE]best deal I've scored was a $40 price match from walmart & a $25 gc from BB during one of their sales. 2 silver DS3's for $80 + $25 gc.

[quote name='MSUHitman']MSRP on Dual Shock 3's new are $55. As Jodou said, this is the 3rd consecutive year RS has had a sale on them and this is the cheapest the controllers ever get new at retail.[/QUOTE]new bundle but overpriced
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306162

[quote name='MSUHitman']Best Buy doesn't price match on Black Friday. You'd have to go to Wal-Mart, they're the only ones I'm aware of that PM Black Friday ads.[/QUOTE]walmart has changed their policy this yr
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...ves-towards-BB-price-match-policy/td-p/352836

Argh was gonna get a new PS3 in time for Skyrim but I probably should wait til bf.....so hard to wait considering my only gaming outlet at the moment is my android phone. Trying to practice self control and maximize my gaming dollar. With all these cheap games I have been scoring I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning on bf! :lol:

[quote name='BingoBrown']Well, we saw essentially $100 360s when the old fat versions were replaced by the slim. I even got an extra Arcade 360 Spring Bundle with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazzoie Nuts & Bolts from Target for $120 with a $40 GC, or something like that. It was definitely $80 total, whatever it was. Awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Exact deal I got- and I of course have CAG to thank for it. Those being late model 360s I'm not expecting a RROD but it's tempting to either make the jump to a slim with Kinect or finally get a PS3. I'll have to keep my eye on this...

[quote name='Enuf']you can always buy a AMZ card or pre-paid visa.

best deal I've scored was a $40 price match from walmart & a $25 gc from BB during one of their sales. 2 silver DS3's for $80 + $25 gc.

new bundle but overpriced
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306162

walmart has changed their policy this yr
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...ves-towards-BB-price-match-policy/td-p/352836[/QUOTE]

I wish I could've got in in that DualShock 3 controllers. I need to get a second one.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hope Amazon matches this, I sense my system will die soon.[/QUOTE]
You know what's sad is that this has become expected. Their warranties mean fuck all anymore because consoles tend to die outside of the 1-year and force us to buy new ones. My SNES would still work if I powered it on today.

only reason I'm replying specifically to you is because I spent damn near a semester in a class figuring out why Radio Shack lives..

I won't bore you to death..

cell phones and accessories...that's it....that's what saved their butts. they changed the entire scope and scale of the business. and yes there are scatterings of traditional radio shacks left, but it's not many at all.

[quote name='TheKbob']WHY!? I don't want a Kinect 360 bundle. I want one with a HDD for $199.

:mad:[/QUOTE]

Because M$ will give them breaks on the kinect as they are pushin the kinect hard to keep an older system from dying out. Not saying that 360 is lost in sales, but the life Span of the 360 has been pretty long and is getting long in the tooth.

I'd like to pick up a cheap 360 sometime but not sure if theres enough exclusives to make me want to do so other than gears 3 and a few shmups.

What do you guys think of this PS3 Deal?

I already have a 360 but ive wanted to get my hands on a ps3 for uncharted 2 and 3.

The Blu ray doesnt really do anything for me. Ive got a mass DVD collection and dont want to re buy everything in blu.

This just seems like a killer deal if i am going to make the jump. Dont really care for the games coming with the system but i could always trade them on are trader board.

Ive got a radioshack near me in this small town. I dont think i will have to wait in some long line... Ive really got a decision to make here.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Well, we saw essentially $100 360s when the old fat versions were replaced by the slim. I even got an extra Arcade 360 Spring Bundle with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazzoie Nuts & Bolts from Target for $120 with a $40 GC, or something like that. It was definitely $80 total, whatever it was. Awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I got in on that same deal, to get basically a "spare" xbox, because they were so cheap. It was $129.99 with a $50 GC. So basically $80, yes.

[quote name='waltercartman']What do you guys think of this PS3 Deal?

I already have a 360 but ive wanted to get my hands on a ps3 for uncharted 2 and 3.

The Blu ray doesnt really do anything for me. Ive got a mass DVD collection and dont want to re buy everything in blu.

This just seems like a killer deal if i am going to make the jump. Dont really care for the games coming with the system but i could always trade them on are trader board.

Ive got a radioshack near me in this small town. I dont think i will have to wait in some long line... Ive really got a decision to make here.[/QUOTE]

It's a great deal for a PS3 to be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone tops it. And you know, I said the same thing about Blu-rays before I owned a PS3, but after seeing movies in lovely HD, it's hard to go back to DVD's. I'm not necessarily replacing every one of my movies (I too have a huge DVD collection) but most of my purchases now are on Blu unless there's no such option, or I don't care enough to see the movie or show in HD.

But yeah, in terms of getting one to play Uncharted and other PS3 exclusives, this is a solid deal.

[quote name='ijustw1n']That's when Best Buy was killing Circuit City. Now they feel pretty damn good about themselves.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. Best Buy has posted some very poor number this year and the company as a whole isn't doing good at all.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty sure there's been a $99 360 BF deal in the past. You seem to be talking in terms of official price drops, and I agree that the 360 won't officially drop to $99 for some time (if ever). But in terms of a Black Friday deal, it's much more likely.[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of that $100 arcade model deal from Amazon a few years back. I think it was in 2006 or 2007. That was the hardest I've ever seen a site get banged.

[quote name='tipperu']. That was the hardest I've ever seen a site get banged.[/QUOTE]

So, so many jokes...

And somehow, in my head, I hear all those jokes in a Sean Connery voice ala SNL celebrity jeopardy.

bread's done
Back