RadioShack Clearance: Pelican DS Case $2.97

SonicPower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted already. This deal has been up for a while, and I give credit to those who have informed me about this earlier.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123327&cp=&origkw=DS+Case&kw=ds+case&parentPage=search

It holds up to 7 DS games. If you have 2 GBA games, then it only holds 3 DS games.

It's a little solid, though it works enough for me. It fits my DS Lite and four of my DS games. It doesn't hold the power adapter though. I've tried many times to insert it in different positions though it didn't work out.

However, at least, now I have a place to put my games and DS Lite in one place. I don't have to deal with fondling with game cases or having my DS Lite bounce around in my backpack.

[quote name='nwaugh']Shipping is ~$5 for me. If I could find one in-store it would be a nice pick-up.[/quote]
You can check the inventory tracker on that same page.

[quote name='SonicPower']It holds up to 7 DS games. If you have 2 GBA games, then it only holds 3 DS games.

It fits my DS Lite and four of my DS games.[/QUOTE]

I have this same case. I can't believe you say it only holds 4 ds games with your lite. For those of you that haven't seen this, it's twice the thickness of a regular DS. When opened the DS goes on one side, with a protective flap. Then on the other side of the flap there are mesh slots to put games in. That is probably where you are putting your 4 games.

I on the other hand use the other side of the case. I have a bunch of those little plastic cases that come with the DS travel pack (they hold 4 ds games each and are red/blue) and you can fit 4 of the plastic cases perfectly in the other half of the clamshell. That's 16 games! So, this case is awesome if your like me and you like to have as many games with you as possible in a small space.

This is probably the 4th DS case that I have owned, and it's also the best I have owned. The fact that the case is hard sided means you can pretty much throw your ds anywhere and not worry about it. Highly recommended!

BTW I picked these up at Radioshack a couple months ago in-store for the same price. There was a thread, but good to see these are still out there. If I were you I would run to my local RS to get this, or just bite the bullet and pay shipping. I would definately pay $10 for this.

I checked the inventory tracker in my area and it listed the item in-stock for every store. When I went in, I was able to pick up two, yellow-tagged clearance for $2.97 each. Though it's listed as Pelican brand on the website, I can't find the Pelican name on the package anywhere. It only says "ESL" as shown on the RS website. (It's still a nice deal, though.)

While at Radio Shack, I saw the Pelican 2-pack of Gamecube 59 block memory cards was clearanced to $4.97 (from $14.99). It's not a stellar deal, but I could see if someone was desperate for more Animal Crossing towns, it could be worthwhile.

Thanks, OP. Nice find.

I just checked my area again and 4 stores list it in-stock. I am going to get another one for my son and maybe an extra for when I wear my current one out. :bouncy:

Just snagged the last two from my local RS! One for me and one for the girlfriend, w00t!

I have this same case. I can't believe you say it only holds 4 ds games with your lite. For those of you that haven't seen this, it's twice the thickness of a regular DS. When opened the DS goes on one side, with a protective flap. Then on the other side of the flap there are mesh slots to put games in. That is probably where you are putting your 4 games.
I only have four games for my DS Lite. You misunderstood me. It holds my four games well. I only have one GBA game (WarioWare Twisted).

I didn't say it only holds four DS games.

This is the same case that EB Games/Gamestop sells with their logo on it for $9.99.

Here is a picture for those who don't want to read or can't comprehend what I described in my OP.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7673/p10100050rn.jpg

Pelican OWNS ESL. IF you search for "Electro Source" on google, and go the the site..you will see its pelican own and made. also this model is discontinued as they are coming out with a DSL version of the case (according to the site) it hold a little more but basically the same thing.

I picked up one just a sec ago....WONDERFUL CASE!!!!:) Thanks OP!

Just got it in store...great case. I originally got 2 HORI Compacts from family members, b ut this case is just much better quality and seems alot safer to dop my DS in.

I just picked up the PSP version of this thing and it's pretty good. It has 8 UMD slots and you can put a lot more since it has another compartment. Very helpfull so that I don't have to keep my UMDs in the Altoid tins anymore. It was $2.97 as well.

this looks pretty good. Is it much bigger than a DS Lite? This one was originally designed for the DS Fat right? Are there any DS Lite cases that could still fit into a pocket? Really I'd just like a slip cover that holds a couple games, but doesn't add much in the way of volume. I had a softcover glasses case that was perfect other than being too snug to easilly remove my DS Lite.

Cool, I'll prolly pick one up tomorrow. Thanks OP! I've been usin a friggin pencil case for my DS and games (it holds it, and keeps from scratches, but doesn't really pad it). It's available in 2 locations near me, so hopefully I'll find one tomorrow.

[quote name='[email protected]']I picked this case up plus they had a Gamecube Monster Cable w/S-video for $1.97.....:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yep I got them both. I also picked up a 4 port usb 2.0 hub for $4.95. Funny cause I was just thinking before I got there that I needed a usb hub.

It helps to kinda roam the store cause they have a ton of stuff clearance yellow tagged.

I have that case. I don't trust the middle flap to hold the DSL in place, since the case was designed for the original DS, so I put it in the other end, under the mesh net. Works perfectly. I just make sure to keep it charged before I leave the house, or put the adapter in the other open end. If it falls out when I open it, it's not as likely to break as my DSL, and if it did, it's only $10 to replace.

I picked up the PSP case for $2.97 as well. Much nicer looking than the DS case and has quite a bit more storage. Fits the DSL and carts pretty well even though it was designed for the PSP.

I picked up the DS case. Fits my Lite/games/power adapter no problem! Not a good pocket solution, but a great way to carry a DS in a bag, backpack, or luggage! Thanks for posting this!

grabbed one of these...good fit.
Putting it under the net isnt so good...the carts will then be up against the system. Your call though.

Cant beat the price tag.

My girlfriend got one of these today and I picked up one of the old GBA SP things that lets you switch between 3 games without changing cartridges. It's pretty bulky and kind of dumb, but worth it for $.97 for novelty purposes.

This case fits the DS Lite so well, was it really made with the DS fat in mind?

Also picked up Monster S Video cables and a Pelican PSP car adapter for $1.97 a piece.

Looked it up on the inventory locator, got to the store, asked the guy and he said they didn't have them! He was nice enough to look on the computer and sure enough it said there were two in the store, but he wasn't able to locate them in the back or anywhere on the store floor, so no case for me.

Maybe I'll order it online but, that was disappointing.

hey i got a question, are the prices on radio shack usually the prices taht are in store too? i want to look for other cheap things on the site

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']hey i got a question, are the prices on radio shack usually the prices taht are in store too? i want to look for other cheap things on the site[/quote]
Yes they are, as far as I know.

just a question, i dunno if this was asked, is this DS Case for the original or for the lite?

sorry, i guess getting accessories is more difficult than finding games. lol
didn't see much good stuff for the DS Lite since it came out.

[quote name='topnotch97']just a question, i dunno if this was asked, is this DS Case for the original or for the lite?

sorry, i guess getting accessories is more difficult than finding games. lol
didn't see much good stuff for the DS Lite since it came out.[/quote]
Designed for the original, but fits either one well according to the posts in this thread.

Looked it up on the inventory locator, got to the store, asked the guy and he said they didn't have them! He was nice enough to look on the computer and sure enough it said there were two in the store, but he wasn't able to locate them in the back or anywhere on the store floor, so no case for me.

Well, when my gf and I went to radioshack, the store was empty. It was like a zombie movie, especially since a horror movie was playing on an lcd tv. After 5 minutes of looking and not seeing the case, my gf knocked on the back room door....

Out comes a girl, I ask her about the case....she goes back to find out.
Then out comes the guy.

Wonder what they were doing? :p

My experience with this case is that it works well with the original DS, nice snug fit for the system, holds plenty of games and even manages to fit in the ac charger. However, I wouldn't use it for my DS Lite. Not snug enough, too much room for it to slide and move around in the case for my taste.

Thanks OP, works great for my original DS. As mentioned before, I also picked up the Monster Cable GameCube S-Video AV Cable for $1.97. Sweet.

littlemonkey

[quote name='littlemonkey']My experience with this case is that it works well with the original DS, nice snug fit for the system, holds plenty of games and even manages to fit in the ac charger. However, I wouldn't use it for my DS Lite. Not snug enough, too much room for it to slide and move around in the case for my taste.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't use it for my fat DS because I'd be worried about scratching it with the zipper getting it in and out (much like my johnson). If you put the AC adapter in the pouch it puts enough pressure on the DS Lite so it won't slide around.

Just picked up the last one in Franklin Park, NJ.

I have a DS Lite, and it works fine; definitely oversized, but I don't see that as a problem. (Actually the extra space gives you extra protection against sudden shock, plus you can fit the charger.)

If the additional lateral space bothers you, toss in a cleaning cloth.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Pelican OWNS ESL. IF you search for "Electro Source" on google, and go the the site..you will see its pelican own and made. [/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Also, if anyone can find an extra Gamecube s-video cable for $1.97, I'd really appreciate it.

[quote name='PigeonSt']Looked it up on the inventory locator, got to the store, asked the guy and he said they didn't have them! He was nice enough to look on the computer and sure enough it said there were two in the store, but he wasn't able to locate them in the back or anywhere on the store floor, so no case for me.

Maybe I'll order it online but, that was disappointing.[/quote]
I had a similar situation.

We found them in the CD cases area, which were far away from the video game accessories area.

I have no idea why they put them there. You should check again.

[quote name='SonicPower']I had a similar situation.

We found them in the CD cases area, which were far away from the video game accessories area.

I have no idea why they put them there. You should check again.[/quote]
I ended up having someone out by another Radio Shack check that one and scored 3 cases, but thanks. :)

I added an elastic strap on the side oposing the netted pocket that holds my ds lite preventing the risk of it falling out. The netted pocket holds a handful of awkwardly shaped GBA games (wario ware twisted, and drill dozer) and the AC adaptor. The only problem i see with this case is of the 4 that I have bought, one has a netted pocket with an opening on the left towards the zipper and it is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thinner. Otherwise this is a great case.

It's pretty funny that GS is trying to sell this exact case for $10 when on the info card it shows pelican made that product.

bread's done
Back