Radioshack Game Clearance

itmaymb

CAG Veteran
Hey guys. First post here. Been lurking for a long time though. Hope its not a repost.

Madden 08 XBOX 360 $29.97
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 08 XBOX 360 $19.97
Tony Hawk Proving Ground XBOX 360 $19.97
Hannah Montana Music Jam NDS $19.97
High School Music Jam NDS $19.97

These are new clearance tags from my store (Jacksonville, FL) not sure if it is nation wide. It is also hit or miss if it will be in stock so you may want to call first.

B&M? YMMV? Location?

The more info you can give in your opening post, the better served we all would be.

Not every RadioShack carries games so YMMV. Everything listed is OOS online, but the site does have a store locator.

PLAYSTATION 2
- Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s --- $14.97
- Madden 08 --- $14.97
- NBA 08 --- $14.97
- Tony Hawk Proving Ground --- $19.97
- WWE Smackdown vs RAW 08 --- $19.97

NINTENDO DS
- Hannah Montana Music Jam --- $19.97
- High School Music Jam --- $19.97
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass --- $19.97
- Pokemon Diamond --- $19.97
- Pokemon Pearl --- $19.97

XBOX 360
- Call of Duty 4 --- $39.97
- Halo 3 --- $39.97
- Madden 08 --- $19.97
- Project Gotham Racing 4 --- $19.97
- Tony Hawk Proving Ground --- $14.97
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08 --- $29.97

That's a nice price on Phantom Hourglass.

Clearance already? Didn't Radioshack just recently start selling games?

Oh well, the Radioshacks close to me still don't sell games.

I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet. But I found a copy of PH for 20 bucks at Radio Shack. I believe this is YMMV. Check it out just in case.

Yea. I had to go hit a RS in the mall here to find a RS that had games. Snapped up PGR4 for $20 a few months ago.

There's a "Spring Clearance Sale" starting on 4/17 according to the RadioShack weekly ad. Perhaps those tags are for that upcoming event?

SvR 08 for $19.97 on 360? If I can find it like that near here: Sold.

My local store had several games on clearance as part of the Spring sale, including both Diamond and Pearl Pokemon DS for $19.99.

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 wasn't marked as being on clearance, it still had a $59.99 price tag, but when I asked the lady there to confirm, she said it was on sale for $29.99.

So, while I think the clearance is everywhere, YMMV on the prices.

I also saw Tony Hawk's Proving Ground on 360 on clearance and Phantom Hourglass for $19.99.

Pokemon Pearl & Zelda both for under $20 each after taxes at SEARS. Print out the page and go to Sears, Circuit City or Bestbuy for pricematch :)

Yeah, I snagged SvR08 and Tony Hawk while out today. This is a nationwide sale, but in-store availability is sketchy.

I'll definitely hunt down Phantom Hourglass. Maybe GH Rocks the 80s also. And lucky me, all the Shacks in my area show them in stock. WOO!

[quote name='kevzik']Will definiely try and PM rock 80s to BB! Excellent post op![/quote]
Hmm, I have a gift card at BB, what should I do to PM it at BB?

Glad I didn't get it last week, this sure is better deal then the lame $10 off $49.99 that BB had last week.

Thanks itmaymb and duduce! Ended up getting Phantom Hourglass. I may end up going back to grab Pokemon Diamond and.or GH Rocks The 80s later.... maybe.

[quote name='Snarky']Hmm, I have a gift card at BB, what should I do to PM it at BB?

Glad I didn't get it last week, this sure is better deal then the lame $10 off $49.99 that BB had last week.[/quote]

Buy it at BB at full price
Take you recepit and radio shack printout to CS
Ask for a PM

Found the last copy of Guitar Hero 80's at the 3rd store last night. Yes this isn't one of the best from the series, but its worth it just to have it for that price and to complete the collection.

Scored Hannah Montana Music Jam for one of my kids over the weekend. Thanks for the heads up on this itmaymb and the comprehensive update Deduce .

I think there's a radio shack down the street from me here at work, I may want to go try and get Phantom Hourglass. :whistle2:k

I just picked up GH80's and it was marked at $20. But Pokemon was marked at normal price, do you think it will still ring up at $20?

[quote name='Tom Ato']I just picked up GH80's and it was marked at $20. But Pokemon was marked at normal price, do you think it will still ring up at $20?[/QUOTE]

Yes! At one of my local stores "Pokemon Pearl" was marked on the shelf at $34.99, but it rang up as $19.97 when I purchased it. The clerk was pretty shocked, to say the least.

[quote name='itmaymb']Hey guys. First post here. Been lurking for a long time though. Hope its not a repost.

Madden 08 XBOX 360 $29.97
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 08 XBOX 360 $19.97
Tony Hawk Proving Ground XBOX 360 $19.97
Hannah Montana Music Jam NDS $19.97
High School Music Jam NDS $19.97

These are new clearance tags from my store (Jacksonville, FL) not sure if it is nation wide. It is also hit or miss if it will be in stock so you may want to call first.[/QUOTE]

Hey Jacksonville!

The one on Normandy has GH 80's, Pokemon, and Zelda DS if you are interested.

Made a very easy price match at Best Buy on Friday for Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I just took a print out of the Radio Shack website and got the game knocked down from $34.99 to $19.97! Combine that with 2 $5 Reward Zone gift certifcates and I got the game for a little over $10! :)

Great Deal, Thanks OP!

For what it's worth, the store locator seems to work flawlessly. The Radio Shack I went to had all of the games the website said it did (and none of the others, unfortunately).

I got Pokémon Diamond, and my sister got the Pearl version. Yes, it might have been cheaper to try and find it at Sears or to price-match somewhere else, but Radio Shack's closer and gas probably would've negated a good chunk of the extra discount we'd have gotten out of it. $20 is good enough for me. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']For what it's worth, the store locator seems to work flawlessly. The Radio Shack I went to had all of the games the website said it did (and none of the others, unfortunately).

I got Pokémon Diamond, and my sister got the Pearl version. Yes, it might have been cheaper to try and find it at Sears or to price-match somewhere else, but Radio Shack's closer and gas probably would've negated a good chunk of the extra discount we'd have gotten out of it. $20 is good enough for me. :)[/quote]

Agreed it works perfectly

I went to the Radio Shack near my school, and saw a few games. Gran Turismo 4, Pokemon Pearl, and probably a wrestling game. I'm sad I didn't see Phantom Hourglass. Even sadder that I didn't have the money to buy Pokemon, so I could give it as a gift or something. Shouldn't have wasted it on the Dragon Ball GT Ultimate Spark figure I bought next door.

No clearance prices on any of the games in Valley Stream, NY (01-2651), I nabbed the last Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. They didn't have GH 80's on display, but they were able to locate one in the back room. Thanks!

Yeah, they're on clearance. When I bought my lite, the store didn't have any phats, and I cried inside... Why won't Nintendo release more of those?
I forgot to mention 4.97 for third party PS2 controllers. These have the D-pad replaced with a joystick with a flat pad, reducing the chance of blisters from playing PlayStation games, well for me. I hate regular Sony D-pads.

So if I go to Best Buy's CS department with the printout for Pokemon diamond, I should get it at BB for $20?

You know you got a problem when you're having a hard time selling Pokemon and Zelda games. I missed this thread and bought a used copy of Pokemon Pearl at GS for 25 bucks.

Fortunately all my local radio shacks sell games. Unfortunately none have Phantom Hourglass.

[quote name='DQT']You know you got a problem when you're having a hard time selling Pokemon and Zelda games.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the same thing as Sears - it's not a store that you expect to have video games, so nobody buys them there. One of the two Radio Shacks I went into had three titles TOTAL, all for the Xbox with one of them being the Madden title that's on clearance; the other had one or two Xbox and PS2 games, and then maybe five or six DS titles.

Judging from that and from past experiences, it seems that distribution and title availability are the killers here - if your Radio Shack does have games, who knows what they'll actually have in the store?

bread's done
Back