Radioshack has got yo' back w/ the PSX to USB game adapter. *clearance item*

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Much like the other sales from radioshack, this is a PSX-to-USB adapter so you can hook up your favorite Playstation pad to your PC. This is on clearance for $6.97.

Personally I love this item, I've bought 3. One broke from wear and tear after two years (I pulled out the game controller too hard one time and it ripped off the sodering point), and how I have 2 more. Great for your emulators, (*cough* Geometry Wars *cough*).

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036260&cp=&origkw=psx+to+usb&kw=psx+to+usb&parentPage=search

anyone if i can plug PS2 controler in that thing ??????? pm me with the answer pls !!!! if its good for Pc emulators wonderfull im tired of playing games with my keyboard so hard !!!

[quote name='richbastard']anyone if i can plug PS2 controler in that thing ??????? pm me with the answer pls !!!! if its good for Pc emulators wonderfull im tired of playing games with my keyboard so hard !!![/QUOTE]

This was asked earlier, and it's basically what the product is for. So ya, you can use a ps2 controller.

shit! i just decided "why the fuck not?" and put my zip code in the availability checker, and there's one at the Radio shack next to my friend's house! I'll have to pick one up. Thanks OP, I'll definately be using this for some emula... completely legal games...

If you guys have picked up the adapter I found an awesome site for using your Guitar Hero Guitar on the computer. http://antonstruyk.com/freetar/ It's called Freetar Hero and it lets you use any mp3 you have to make it into a guitar hero song. They also have forums where you can download others songs. I tried and tested it and the Guitar Hero guitar works on the Radio Shack adapter
Sweet deal you guys should check it out.

Freetar Hero: is there a way to change the view on the game. I can't handle the horizontal version, and need a more Guitar Hero look.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Freetar Hero: is there a way to change the view on the game. I can't handle the horizontal version, and need a more Guitar Hero look.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is because it is still in beta. He is having the horizontal view for editing and making songs, and then the program will eventually have the actual gameplay be in the vertical style of GH. Great idea, I hope it turns out as good as stepmania did.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Freetar Hero: is there a way to change the view on the game. I can't handle the horizontal version, and need a more Guitar Hero look.[/quote]
If you look on the forums of the site I said, the user named "Brian" created a program called Guitar Hero clone where you can play the songs vertically and everything. The

Is it like the real Guitar Hero, where if you miss a note, that note won't play? Or do you just strum along to the beat of the song?

[quote name='gofishn']Is it like the real Guitar Hero, where if you miss a note, that note won't play? Or do you just strum along to the beat of the song?[/quote]

If you miss a note it makes the loud "error" sound that you would hear in Gutiar Hero if you missed a note. The off-key sound. However, the guitars don't stop playing but the off-key sound is loud enough for you to know that you messed up and it works fine. Keep in mind this is a beta of the actual game that was coming out and this user-created program was released on July 17th. I think the finalized program is due out within the next 6 months.

Lag Lag Lag.

I used this adapter to TRY to play Track & Field (MAME) and it blows big time. It's even slow when using turbo or "Run Like Hell" cheats. :cry:

[quote name='FlyMaggot']Lag Lag Lag.

I used this adapter to TRY to play Track & Field (MAME) and it blows big time. It's even slow when using turbo or "Run Like Hell" cheats. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Works fine on mine. :D

Turn offf your analog light on the controller.

The right stick will be mapped to the face buttons, and the left stick will be the pad.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Works fine on mine. :D[/quote]

I dont notice the lag on other games, but when you can run 7.52 in the 1oo meter race(T&F) without a turbo button there is a huge difference. I dont even come close to my regular speed with the ps pad and I know I'm pressing the buttons faster than on my generic usb pad with the big(think Genesis controller) clunky buttons.

My local RS didn't have the clearance PS2 controller adapter for $6.97... only the $11.99 one which I bought to try it out. I'll probably end up returning it because it seems overpriced when I can get a Logitech PC gamepad (without the vibration) for about $16. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how to test the adapter for lag or emulator problems. The few games I've tried seem to work.

Is there any sort of significant feature difference between the $6.97 clearance adapter and the $11.99 one?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']once again, the RS ones are clunky, more expensive, and crappyer than the two port USB blue ones...[/quote]
OK. I'll take your word for it. I was just curious if there was a way of seeing that clunkiness on certain PC games myself because the RS adapter seemed to work on the games I tried.

Did you buy this two port blue USB adapter from the seller whose ad you linked to on eBay? If yes, then I'll get one from him. I don't spend much time on eBay, so it helps to know exactly who to buy from at what price.

bread's done
Back