RAGE 360/PS3/PC $19.99 NEW/$17.99 USED @ Amazon & GameStop B&M/Online

[quote name='strait edge follower']There are so many copys of that edition at every retailer so I think your chances are high[/QUOTE]

Yep, picked one up at the Brandywine, DE GS, not only was it an Anarchy Ed but it was also sealed, so you know GS must have a ton of them ;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Definitely Xbox[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I believe Carmack mentioned during development that the Xbox was the primary dev platform.

[quote name='kellte2']This will hit 9.99, I just know it.[/QUOTE]

Goes without saying -- it flopped pretty hard.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yep, picked one up at the Brandywine, DE GS, not only was it an Anarchy Ed but it was also sealed, so you know GS must have a ton of them ;)[/QUOTE]

Leads me to wonder if they ever printed a "regular" edition...my brother just scored an anarchy @ the gateway center, Bronx,NY. I have a few buddies in Georgia heading out to GS, will report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']Had it price matched at Best Buy. Got the Anarchy Edition for 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Friends also found Anarchy Ed. @ Acworth, GA...

I do have it on the PC, when NewEgg had it for $20, a while back.

If they [Id Software] can fix the technical issues on the PC version - constant texture-pops, up-close textures look VERY blurry - then yeah, it'd be a really good game.

And I have a pretty good PC and still have all these issues, too:
Socket 1336 X58 ASUS Sabertooth motherboard; i7 950 @ 3.06 GHz; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti [w/ newest WHQL drivers]; 8 GB of Corsair DDR3 1600 XMS3 RAM; Win 7 Home Premium.

Downloading the demo now...probably will pick this up tomorrow unless I absolutely hate it, which I dont think I will. I almost bit back when it was $30 so im glad I waited.

[quote name='Scorch']Picked this up For $9.99 used at family video.. Minty fresh w/ anarchy edition code![/QUOTE]

Hmm...was at my local Family Video and it had a $19.99 ("buy it") sticker. Are used prices universal in FV stores?

Went over to local Best Buy and asked to price match Amazon. The video game rep. was new, brought over her manager, and agreed to the price without looking it up. HOWEVER, she then stated that for all orders UNDER $25 on Amazon, that I'd have to pay for shipping... so they price matched the shipping charge as well!

I couldn't believe it, told her so (patiently) and then told her I was gonna pass. I don't believe anywhere in BB price matching does shipping charges come into effect. Anybody else ever hear of this? Insane!

[quote name='cancermatt']Went over to local Best Buy and asked to price match Amazon. The video game rep. was new, brought over her manager, and agreed to the price without looking it up. HOWEVER, she then stated that for all orders UNDER $25 on Amazon, that I'd have to pay for shipping... so they price matched the shipping charge as well!

I couldn't believe it, told her so (patiently) and then told her I was gonna pass. I don't believe anywhere in BB price matching does shipping charges come into effect. Anybody else ever hear of this? Insane![/QUOTE]

WTF matching shipping charges in store? I suppose it makes sense as Amazon doesnt charge for shipping over $25 but wow BestBuy. I gotta hand it to them for this technicality :applause:. Maybe this IS normal as most people have Amazon price match BestBuy instead.

[quote name='cancermatt']Went over to local Best Buy and asked to price match Amazon. The video game rep. was new, brought over her manager, and agreed to the price without looking it up. HOWEVER, she then stated that for all orders UNDER $25 on Amazon, that I'd have to pay for shipping... so they price matched the shipping charge as well!

I couldn't believe it, told her so (patiently) and then told her I was gonna pass. I don't believe anywhere in BB price matching does shipping charges come into effect. Anybody else ever hear of this? Insane![/QUOTE]

I didn't even think Best Buy price matched Amazon.

You should have told her that you have a subscription to Amazon Prime, which gives you free 2 day shipping on all items regardless of the price.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess it looks like it's Xbox 360 > PC > PS3 for lack of graphics issues?[/QUOTE]

That's what it would seem like. I haven't seen it on PS3/PC but after reading through all the RAGE threads...well you get the point lol

[quote name='awp']Hmm...was at my local Family Video and it had a $19.99 ("buy it") sticker. Are used prices universal in FV stores?[/QUOTE]

Checked my FV and it was indeed still $19.99, unfortunately. I'll wait this one out. Sounded like it was all looks but pretty much generic in every other way.

Seems like a good deal to me. It's the best price I've seen for it myself.

It's sad that we feel we have to apologize at the time we post a deal. We're afraid that what we found has already been reported and we couldn't find it, or someone will jump on our stuff because the deal we found isn't as good as one that was found before. Well, I'm tired of the attitude around here. I say if someone finds a deal they should just post it. If it's a double post or not even a good deal at all it won't kill someone to just look the other way.

For anyone on the fence id say grab this. I bought it around 45 and while it had very little replay value in the single player it has some of the tightest and most satisfying shooting mechanics. Its a subtle difference but you should notice it. The single player campaign id give a 7.5 the coop missions a 8 ( they can be done very quick though) and I never actually tried the online vs. Racing mode. Also the wingstick is the coolest weapon, u toss it at someone, then turn to shoot someone else and then u hear your frisbee of death decapitate someone and return to you. There is also a demo fwiw

[quote name='MrshllJcb']For anyone on the fence id say grab this. I bought it around 45 and while it had very little replay value in the single player it has some of the tightest and most satisfying shooting mechanics. Its a subtle difference but you should notice it. The single player campaign id give a 7.5 the coop missions a 8 ( they can be done very quick though) and I never actually tried the online vs. Racing mode. Also the wingstick is the coolest weapon, u toss it at someone, then turn to shoot someone else and then u hear your frisbee of death decapitate someone and return to you. There is also a demo fwiw[/QUOTE]

This.

Although, I think I can wait for holiday 2012 when I should be able to get it for $10. It's going to get cheaper, but $20 is a fair price for the "right now."

[quote name='Odinsfury']Seems like a good deal to me. It's the best price I've seen for it myself.

It's sad that we feel we have to apologize at the time we post a deal. We're afraid that what we found has already been reported and we couldn't find it, or someone will jump on our stuff because the deal we found isn't as good as one that was found before. Well, I'm tired of the attitude around here. I say if someone finds a deal they should just post it. If it's a double post or not even a good deal at all it won't kill someone to just look the other way.[/QUOTE]
Or you know, we could just spend some effort and make sure the deals are not reposts and be polite when we post like the topic creator was.

I mean sure, you want to be a jackass and don't care about keeping the front page full of deals with no doubles that's fine. Most members have no problem with research and being polite.

looks like a very good deal to me..for this price it is attractive
happy

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Or you know, we could just spend some effort and make sure the deals are not reposts and be polite when we post like the topic creator was.

I mean sure, you want to be a jackass and don't care about keeping the front page full of deals with no doubles that's fine. Most members have no problem with research and being polite.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, the average user doesn't research either...so it's more of a flaw in the system as, well, how can you expect someone to search for every game that might catch their eye, or maybe an attractive price is the reason they gain interest in the deal?

So even though you have a chunk of the community mad about double posts, or "not a deal" (often subjective) threads, there is a significant amount of people thanking the person for making it known again.

bread's done
Back