Rage 9.99 FSSS Amazon

As long as the trade-in value at best buy holds, you can trade it in for $10 through next week. I don't know how long or good the game is, but that might make it more appealing for people on the fence.

quite worth it. I picked it up for a friend so we can play the car combat online. The game is short, but a lot of fun. It's classic ID software shooting combined with the open world style gameplay that is all over gaming now. The game is pretty short though which is a shame.

Must be pretty mediocre if this price has been valid for the last few days and still in stock. Glad I passed.

[quote name='scottman']Must be pretty mediocre if this price has been valid for the last few days and still in stock. Glad I passed.[/QUOTE]

Suit yourself. You're missing out on a great buy on a pretty good game.

Don't know. Read that there's a bunch of things wrong with this game, and it's definitely not a triple AAA title. Resisstance 3 is, and its $9.99 at Best Buy new with the gamer's coupon.

[quote name='Investor']Read that there's a bunch of things wrong with this game, and it's definitely not a triple AAA title. Resisstance 3 is, and its $9.99 at Best Buy new with the gamer's coupon.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the Resistance series, but I wouldn't call Resistance 3 a AAA title.......

Rage is definitely worth it at $10.

Picked mine up for $5 with the @gamer coupon. Okay story at best. And yes, it is rather short. But if you take your time with it and go for the platinum (which is not difficult) you can easily squeeze 20 or 30 hours out of it. It suffers from pop-graphics a little, but other than that it is gorgeous. I highly recommend, especially at just $10.

On a side note, Resistance 3 is also well-worth the $10 price and also has a relatively easy platinum trophy, which gives some replay value. Multiplayer is....meh.

[quote name='Investor']Don't know. Read that there's a bunch of things wrong with this game, and it's definitely not a triple AAA title. Resisstance 3 is, and its $9.99 at Best Buy new with the gamer's coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was really referring to AC:Revelations, Arkham city, Battlefield 3, MW3 & a few others, just sitting there collecting dust. Christ Arkham is already getting a GOTY. My backlog is immense and CAG doesn't help...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I was really referring to AC:Revelations, Arkham city, Battlefield 3, MW3 & a few others, just sitting there collecting dust. Christ Arkham is already getting a GOTY. My backlog is immense and CAG doesn't help...[/QUOTE]

sell arkham city at bb and grab that goty asap. Your missing out on a A++++++++ game. Man I got rage for $16 in december and thought that was a great deal, I haven't even touched the damn thing. Will get to it soon enough.

I got mine for $5, I would say it is worth exactly $5. At times it can be fun, but there are a lot of frustrating things that make playing it for more than an hour at a time a slog. e.g. crappy car handling and "sticky" walls that hang you up during races, repetitive bullet sponge enemies and constantly waiting for the "ow you hit me" animations to finish before you can damage them again, etc.

Rage is a fantastic game and worth a play through.

But you have to know what you are getting here.

The games top value IMO, is its graphics. Rage is an unbelievable looking game. When it was released, it was the best, nothing even came close, looking game I had ever played. And I had the 360 version to boot. The art design, the polish, the animations, the blood decals, the weapon skins. All just fantastic.

To me whether Rages gameplay held up or not, it was simply a piece of gaming art with an amazing soundtrack. That alone to me makes it a must buy.

The gameplay is slight RPGish. You drive in a mostly open world environment to other towns. Once you goto that town you meet people, do small odd jobs and tasks.

The gunplay is amazing. Its so smooth, the weapons pack a ton of punch and the gore effects are great.

The only thing the game really lacks is a story that holds up at the end and the levels are linear... but then again this is 2012. All games are linear. This isnt Doom.

Also to those that say its short. It is sorta short. However just like Mass Effect, if you just do the main story you can kill it in 10 hours or less. If you do ALL the side quests (which is the fun part anyway) you can easily extend it by double. So make sure you do all the side stuff, races etc.

For $10 Im most likely going to snag another copy and play through it again. Was so well worth it. For us older folks (ok 26 isnt insanely old but it feels it in game years) its just great to have seen ID software release something.

But again its not a game in this current era and generation that will appeal to everyone. I just looked it up, got a 81/100 on metcritic which is actually higher than I remember. Im thinking you teenage kids these days probably wont enjoy it much :p

I remember how hyped this game got last year and I just wasn't seeing it. Truth be told OI have lost huge interest in shooters but Rage looked like nothing new or exciting to me. Wasn't surprised when the game wasn't a big hit. Still at 10 bucks I bought it and one day I will give it a shot.

360 version - Multiple discs and you really should install it
PS3 version - Texture pop-in is distracting but not a deal-breaker
Both versions - Solid 60fps

Underrated game methinks.

[quote name='Brownjohn']As long as the trade-in value at best buy holds, you can trade it in for $10 through next week. I don't know how long or good the game is, but that might make it more appealing for people on the fence.[/QUOTE]well that makes the people who scored it for $5 using the @gamer coupon happy & makes that deal even better.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I enjoy the Resistance series, but I wouldn't call Resistance 3 a AAA title.......[/QUOTE]The Resistance series isn considered AAA that's why they spend so much money on marketing for it. It hasn't sold what it should but it's still a legit GH & one of Sony's top franchises along with Killzone, LBP, GOW & Uncharted. They need to really focus on bringing the franchise to new heights on PS4 by taking time to get it perfect as a launch title that would be what fall of man was to PS3.

Lol, good deal.
I can't believe will all the deal there have been on this game that there's someone out there who still hasn't jumped on it.

Fun while it lasts. Terrible ending.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']cant believe i payed 45$ at launch 4 dis game nice deal if u guys didnt get it at bestbuy i suppose[/QUOTE]

No shit, join the club. At least you can take out your frustrations by throwing it off the Foxconn roof. :lol:

I tried the demo and REALLY liked the atmosphere and design of the game...

however...

1. Like all recent id engines, this new one makes everything very shiny and plastic looking. This was very evident with Quake 4 and is here as well.

2. If you're like me and can't play FPS on a joystick, the game just won't be fun. I was constantly dying or almost killed just by the first "quest" alone, since the controls aren't forgiving at all of the lack of accuracy you have with the joystick.

I'd definitely play it on PC though, with a mouse.

To be honest, if this game was $20-$60(!!) I'd say it was a ripoff. I rented it from gamefly and was glad I did. The game is super short, has almost no story, is supposed to be "open world" but it really isn't. It looks like the world is huge but you bump into invisible walls all the time. Its RPG elements are paper thin and at the end you will have tons of money and nothing to buy or upgrade. The car races are okay if not bit repetitive. If you do all the side quests, I'd say it's a 20 hour game or so. Then there is the last 1/4 of the game and its ending...horrible. I can't believe a team of professional game makers came up with that ending. It makes Mass Effect's 3 ending look satisfying.

But for $10, go for it. The game looks incredible and at a constant 60FPS. The shooting is great, and the combat is gratifying as expected from Id.

It probably didn't help that I had played 5-6 FPS games straight in a row previously to playing this, but I found RAGE to be just another generic shoot 'em up. Perhaps I have just reached the end of my rope and have become an extremely jaded gamer, but I could not bring myself to finish this game. That's pretty sad considering I paid only $5 for it (BB @gamer deal), but I had no urge whatsoever to even wrap the game up.

I noticed others mentioned Resistance 3. That game on the other hand is hands down better than RAGE in almost every respect. The atmosphere, gameplay mechanics, graphics, and story are top notch. I didn't think I would ever say this about any game, but my favorite weapon was the handgun/revolver.

bread's done
Back