Rage Anarchy Edition PS3 $19.99 @ Newegg

[quote name='sassylaurie']Because this site is "cheapassgamer" and it hasn't been cheap yet. Here's hoping for $1.99 Hardened Edition at BB tomorrow so it can be another game that is sold out before I can move my mouse over to the "Add to Cart" icon.[/QUOTE]

Not that adding to the cart actually means anything, because until you actually pay the Best Buy website will consider anything in your cart still available to be bought by someone else and remove it from your cart.

Happened to me three times in the past two days. I gave up on Best Buy.

[quote name='strait edge follower']What did you get out of it ?[/QUOTE]

I got that the Enslaved were given a "better" life within a Matrix life Utopia by a Super Computer Mad Scientist person and it was up to Trip and Meathead guy to figure out if that was really life or if life is real even if its not "good". Mad me wonder if Life is better withing a virtual reality if real life sucked.

This game is a load of caca. I'm super glad I paid like $43 for it, and traded it in for $40.

It's super linear. You know how games have levels where paths fork? Not this one. You think it forks, but the wrong path is a dead end after 10 ft. Get to the end of the level, and there's a convenient shortcut to the beginning. Probably because they'd be sued for torture if they subjected people go back the way they came from.

It's 3 disks installed, so you think there huge potential for exploration. Nope. Can't open 90% of the doors, and you're blocked from going anywhere not on the main path.

So it must have a good story, right? Better than Quake 3, I guess. The infamous ending does not help either.

Good enemies? Nope. AI often stands and points the gun the other way when you walk behind them. Then suddenly, without making a noise, they'll notice you. The mutants are probably the only decent AI, because they act so randomly.

Great graphics? Eh. I prefer Borderland's artistic look over Rage, honestly, but it doesn't look bad.

[quote name='Link2999']Had a CSR issue me a refund of $5 since I bought it for $25 3 days ago. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

I mostly shopped at amazon. I didn't know about this. So is there a price guarantee if the price changes? how many days?

Amazon used to have that, but now it's ymmv.

First off, I'm very impressed at the lack of spoilers in this thread.
My personal experience:
I had a lot of fun playing Rage, and was eventually distracted by Batman: AC and then others, so I haven't finished it yet.
I thought it was a great looking game, while the storyline wasn't memorable.
I did play it on the ps3 and thought the slow draw in was most noticeable on writing on buildings, but just accepted it. I'd definitely recommend the 360 version if it doesn't do that.
All this talk of a horrible ending is piquing my interest in finishing, because who doesn't like a figurative train wreck?! (nobody likes real train wrecks, don't take that the wrong way).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I mostly shopped at amazon. I didn't know about this. So is there a price guarantee if the price changes? how many days?

Amazon used to have that, but now it's ymmv.[/QUOTE]

It's a YMMV guarantee. Factors include how many orders you've already placed on your account, how many days it has been since you've ordered, and what type of product/how much of a discount you're getting. There is no specific pricing policy when it comes to credits on Newegg.

Edit: You may be thinking I bought this on Amazon, I bought this on Newegg 3 days ago.

[quote name='Link2999']It's a YMMV guarantee. Factors include how many orders you've already placed on your account, how many days it has been since you've ordered, and what type of product/how much of a discount you're getting. There is no specific pricing policy when it comes to credits on Newegg.

Edit: You may be thinking I bought this on Amazon, I bought this on Newegg 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about newegg since I mostly shop on amazon. I was just wondering if they have some policy like price guarantee that I don't know about on newegg.

Thanks.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Used 10% off coupon, and no tax and free ship made it 17.99 out the door.

Thats better than paying 14.99 for a used copy somewhere down the road[/QUOTE]

What coupon is that if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='joker______']To those that have gotten theirs already,did your game come with the card board sleeve or no?[/QUOTE]

Sure did here for Rage: Anarchy Ed PC.

bread's done
Back