Rage Anarchy Edition (PS3/PC) $24.99 Newegg

The Anarchy Edition features an exclusive vehicle for the single player, a melee weapon, a shotgun and a special armor. It also includes a single use code that gives you The Wasteland Sewer Missions DLC for free, which would normally be 800 Microsoft Points, or $9.99 on PC and PSN

[quote name='morpheus47']What extras does the Anarchy edition have, if any?[/QUOTE]

The $9.99 wasteland DLC, some extra gun, and a maybe some different weapon or something.

YES gonna use my credit from the dark souls LE cancellation. thanks a bunch OP ill suck yo... nvm

edit: its 29.99 on amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope this and the Aug Edition for Deus Ex go on sale again sometime in the future. I've bought way too much these past few weeks.
Trying to save up for Gamefly deals and maybe some Christmas sales..or at least until I can rack up enough credit.

I gave it a $2 rental from Redbox. Not bad, but nothing that made me want to spend much to play it more. I'll pick it up when Gamefly has it for 9.99 or under.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Damn! I'm never buying games at $60 again. All my 2012 purchases will come in mid December next year![/QUOTE]

The last game I bought at full price was that Zelda Bundle because I'm getting it as a christmas present for my Gf. That's the last time I pay full price for something, lol.

Debating. If I buy it on Steam, do I get the extra content? Probably won't hit lower than $20 (ominous foreboding music) so $25 should be good.

The way games are falling this game will be in the $10 range right after XMAS or you never know with BB outlet maybe $9.99 before it. I won't buy games new anymore which I always buy at a discounted price unless I know I will play them as soon as they release. Otherwise my rule is $10 for games I like but not sure I will play and $5 or less for bad games. For good CE editions I'm willing to be in the $25 range. This game is over the range so no go for me. Definitely a $9.99 game for me with my backlog(over 100 games).

I highly, highly recommend paying the extra $3 for the 360 version if you are debating console versions. I originally purchased on PS3 basically to avoid disc swapping, but the texture loading is atrocious. Made it pretty much unplayable to me it was so distracting. I got the 360 version pretty cheap and it is so much better with the discs installed.

I'm not one to complain over minor differences; this one is huge IMO.

Has anyone bought this from Newegg recently and received it? I just remember hearing stories in the past about people ordering the signature edition of Dragon Age 2 and getting the standard edition, so I'm wondering what the odds of just getting the standard edition of Rage are.

[quote name='Lucian']

I'm not one to complain over minor differences; this one is huge IMO.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, played the demo and noticed nothing, it looked pretty good. Maybe some areas are worse than others, but if you don't spin in circles and look for it you are probably safe.

I'll wait for a $10 Steam sale, the game looks kind of lame.

[quote name='MysterD']Wasn't the Anarchy Edition ONLY for Pre-Order?[/QUOTE]
Yes but stores still have the Anarchy edition readily available. I guess it didn't sell as much as they wanted it to.

[quote name='Todd33']I doubt it, played the demo and noticed nothing, it looked pretty good. Maybe some areas are worse than others, but if you don't spin in circles and look for it you are probably safe.

I'll wait for a $10 Steam sale, the game looks kind of lame.[/QUOTE]
You can doubt it, but the demo is running 100% off the hard drive which eliminates the texture streaming issues from the Blu-Ray. The full retail title is only a partial install. Read Eurogamer's Faceoff for even more info if you like: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-rage-face-off

I wasn't spinning in circles looking for issues. The best example I can give is that if you look up in a room while standing still with nothing else going on, you can watch the ceiling textures load in.

Probably 75-80% of the time I buy multiplatform titles on PS3. This is the only one I've truly regretted. I like the game so far, I just recommend that if someone has a console choice, go with 360.

bread's done
Back