Rage & Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 54.99 for Xbox 360 & PS3 at Amazon.com pre-order price

Stinker101

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com has a great deal on the Xbox 360/PS3 pre-order of Rage and Elder Scrolls V Skyrim at 54.99. The great thing about pre-ordering from Amazon is if any additional content or rebates occur they will be added on to your existing order. At Amazon.com you only pay once the item ships and if you have Prime Next day air you'll have them on release day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HYK8Y8
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00354NANC

Yeah I think Rage may have just dropped...could be wrong though. Skyrim has been that for a while though. I definitely expect credit offers with either one of both eventually.

Personally I'm waiting to preorder Skyrim until the ineviitable CE/SE/LE is announced. This would be one of the few games that I'd be willing to plop down extra money for a MSRP CE. Oblivion's was ok (have it) but nothing too special, Fallout 3's was awesome (don't have it but been eying a few to buy), and FO New Vega's was cool too (have it).

no pre order bonus? Im sure these games will drop in price relatively quickly or at least go on sale, so unless theres a pre order bonus I dont see the point in biting so early. Good info for those that need it day 1 i guess though

[quote name='Kenshindono']no pre order bonus? Im sure these games will drop in price relatively quickly or at least go on sale, so unless theres a pre order bonus I dont see the point in biting so early. Good info for those that need it day 1 i guess though[/QUOTE]
They usually don't announce the bonuses until closer to the release date when things have a been a bit more finalized. This is a good time to preorder now though and enjoy both a little discount and whatever, since usually when they do announce such things they seem to jack the price back up to MSRP.

Thanks OP. Had Rage already preordered and now added Skyrim.

I like preordering early because they usually up the prices when they add credits.

[quote name='Lucian']Thanks OP. Had Rage already preordered and now added Skyrim.

I like preordering early because they usually up the prices when they add credits.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that once Amazon adds a credit it typically goes up to 59.99 and stays at that price. Look at Gears of War 3. It has a 59.99 price with a $20 credit. Batman pre-order was 56.99 but they added a $10 credit and it is 59.99 now. Glad I pre-ordered it. I doubt they'll drop the price on those until after release.

I've had this preordered for awhile. But Skyrim will probably have some irresistible LE that will make this all moot.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah I think Rage may have just dropped...could be wrong though. Skyrim has been that for a while though. I definitely expect credit offers with either one of both eventually.

Personally I'm waiting to preorder Skyrim until the ineviitable CE/SE/LE is announced. This would be one of the few games that I'd be willing to plop down extra money for a MSRP CE. Oblivion's was ok (have it) but nothing too special, Fallout 3's was awesome (don't have it but been eying a few to buy), and FO New Vega's was cool too (have it).[/QUOTE]

If I could turn back the hands of time I would buy as many of those amazon exclusive survivor editions that I could. I really want one of those pip boys even though I heard they were janky.

even if they have a limited edition i seriously wonder if it would be worth getting. The fallout NV editions went all the way down to 30 bucks, and i have 3 copies of them now for about the same price as one =P Wonder if skyrim would do the same

Honestly with how cruddy oblivion was im gonna wait until more info is avalible for skyrim before getting it. I hated the way enemies auto leveled up in it. Utter bs. It made it so you actually didn't WANT to gain a level, utterly ruined the game. Character models were horrendous too. Although the enemy scaling got tweaked and made better in fallout im still wary

[quote name='keit2208']Is there a lead platform for either game?[/QUOTE]

im curious about this too. I think for NV the textures were better on the ps3, but the draw distance and performance was better on the 360 so that was a toss up. No idea about Rage. Im sure that has a lead sku but i dont know what it would be

Bethesda RPGs have performed better on 360 (Oblivion, Fallout 3, & NV); I would expect no different with Skyrim.

Rage is anyone's guess. Carmack really wants 60 Hz on all platforms and he's one of the few in the industry I trust to meet a goal like this, so I'm going with PS3 to avoid multiple discs.

[quote name='keit2208']is there a lead platform for either game?[/quote]

PC. Oblivion and Fallout are totally difference experience on PC

[quote name='62t']PC. Oblivion and Fallout are totally difference experience on PC[/QUOTE]

This. I don't want to sound too fanboy-ish, but I can't imagine playing Oblivion on a console, Bethesda is like Valve in that way -- if all you have is an Xbox, you can play TF2, but you know that you're missing half of the game that way.

Apparently Rage will have mod tools out of the box for PC, so if you have a PC that can run it that's probably the best, but I think the game will probably be fine on all the platforms. But Bethesda games are just simply better on PC.

And all of those complaints about leveling in Oblivion? Fixed literally within days of release by mods.

And towards that end, OP, you should probably include the PC version, as it has the same pre-order deal:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HYK8Y8

[quote name='HeSaveDave']$54.99 seems like the standard preorder price nowadays.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much lol.

I'm going to try my best to not spend a dime on games around Sept. until Black Friday comes. Last Black Friday proved a point how almost every game that came out during the Fall and etc. was on sale. So the only game I'm def. going to get is Gears 3 but other than that, I'm waiting for BF. I'm going to see Rage for at least 40 hopefully even though I am not crazy about it.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Pretty much lol.

I'm going to try my best to not spend a dime on games around Sept. until Black Friday comes. Last Black Friday proved a point how almost every game that came out during the Fall and etc. was on sale. So the only game I'm def. going to get is Gears 3 but other than that, I'm waiting for BF. I'm going to see Rage for at least 40 hopefully even though I am not crazy about it.[/QUOTE]
haha i remember how Mass Effect 1, which was released shortly before black friday, was $30 on black friday.

anyway, i normally do the things that you mentioned, but i just have to buy battlefield 3 and skyrim (CE hopefully) at full price.

[quote name='mac101010']It's so close to Black Friday that it might be better to just wait, but thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

lol wut? may?

[quote name='fujimitsu']lol wut? may?[/QUOTE]

man i barely have any free time anymore.. i know for sure that this summer is gonna pass by real quick for me

[quote name='keit2208']Is there a lead platform for either game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah PC for skyrim ;)

Otherwise I'd say 360 due to Bethsoft's track record of making sloppy PS3 ports.

[quote name='fujimitsu']lol wut? may?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the release date for Skyrim. It's 11/11 and so BF would be about two weeks later.

Fortunately, this has been the price for a while. In terms of future bonuses: if Amazon adds anything, all orders will be automatically updated to reflect the most recent offers. There is absolutely zero risk with preordering at Amazon.

hah well everyone knows PC will be the best version but i think most people were asking which CONSOLE version will be best.If ones the lead sku or not

[quote name='Kenshindono']hah well everyone knows PC will be the best version but i think most people were asking which CONSOLE version will be best.If ones the lead sku or not[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kind of asinine to say PC will be the best version. If someone has a gaming PC why would they ever buy the console version of a multiplatform game? (PS3 version of Portal 2 aside)

Anyway, like someone else said I'm waiting to see what the Collector's edition for Skyrim looks like before I preorder.

I will be in for a Skyrim preorder most likely. I am buying Skyrim somehow Day 1. Now Rage I am unsure of. While it is ID Software, it's still something I am waiting on to see what happens.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Yeah, kind of asinine to say PC will be the best version. If someone has a gaming PC why would they ever buy the console version of a multiplatform game? (PS3 version of Portal 2 aside)[/QUOTE]

Well I do know that there are some people who have gaming PCs primarily for PC exclusives (Starcraft 2, Witcher 2, etc) who sometimes say "pre-order sale, maybe I'll get this for my Xbox to relax on the couch". I'm just saying that if you're one those people that would be a mistake because you'll be missing out on half of the game, like TF2 on the 360. Of course if you only have the consoles, then my advice is not useful. But for those with both console and PC, the OP really should update the post to include the PC version as well.

As for the consoles, PC devs like Bethesda tend to be able to handle the Xbox ports better than PS3, and they have done so in the past, so that's probably the one to get.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Yeah, kind of asinine to say PC will be the best version. If someone has a gaming PC why would they ever buy the console version of a multiplatform game? (PS3 version of Portal 2 aside)

Anyway, like someone else said I'm waiting to see what the Collector's edition for Skyrim looks like before I preorder.[/QUOTE]
There are some games that have terrible PC ports (GTA IV, Saints Row II) comes to mind. Sometimes while PC gaming is usually better, some games are so bad on ports that it makes more sense to buy it on consoles.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Fortunately, this has been the price for a while. In terms of future bonuses: if Amazon adds anything, all orders will be automatically updated to reflect the most recent offers. There is absolutely zero risk with preordering at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

question about this. so i pre ordered right now, lets say in 3 months they do a $20 credit for pre orders. then after a few weeks it goes down to a $10 credit. do we grandfather into getting the best deal and getting a 20 credit not 10? or would we just get the bonuses that are running on (day before) release day?

[quote name='bajingo']question about this. so i pre ordered right now, lets say in 3 months they do a $20 credit for pre orders. then after a few weeks it goes down to a $10 credit. do we grandfather into getting the best deal and getting a 20 credit not 10? or would we just get the bonuses that are running on (day before) release day?[/QUOTE]
We get the best offer.

Like Trance Addix said, there is absolutely no risk to preordering from Amazon. You lock in the best they offer before release and can cancel at anytime.

bread's done
Back