Raiden Fighter Aces (Xbox 360) Pre-Order for $19.99 on Amazon

RBH

CAGiversary!
Update: Price on Amazon is now listed as $19.99. $29.99 elsewhere:
http://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Fighter-Aces-Xbox-360/dp/B001PA0FBS/

Well, this sure came out of nowhere. Wasn't expecting a US release for this at all. Tentative date is March 3rd and price is listed as $29.99, but of course, it's subject to change.

It's also listed on buy.com:
http://www.buy.com/prod/raiden-fighter-aces/q/loc/108/210633975.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2/23/09 Update

Boxart revealed:

51JaB4c1irL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

New trailer on the Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Fighte..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234889425&sr=8-1

Release date: March 24th

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never even heard of this but:
Raiden . . yes sounds good . . .Fighter . . . interested . . . Aces . . . MUST HAZVE NAOW! GIMMIE GIMMIE

Well, is this a top down vertical shooter (ala, Raiden) or a 3d fantasty sim fighter (oh please, OH PLEASE)?

EDIT:
[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6pGbxzetxc [/media]

Looks like Raiden meets Time Pilot. Are you sure this isn't a mistake? Looks like an XBLA game.

Wow. Totally blindsided by that one, but in a really good way. Shit I'm definitely in for one (assuming the game actually makes release)! Thanks OP!

I love Raiden but not forking out $30 on this, as already stated it looks like a XBLA game. If this is a retail release I'll wait til the price goes down some.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']It's a compilation of the old Raiden Fighters games (RF 1, RF 2, and RF Jet).[/quote]

Oh....I thought it was Raiden IV released overseas. Still keep my order as Raiden 1 & 2 are some of my favorite shooters.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']It's a compilation of the old Raiden Fighters games (RF 1, RF 2, and RF Jet).[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yeah, I read about this awhile back and was disapointed it wasn't here in the states. I love the Raiden series of Shumps. Long Live Shumps!

I dunno if Death Smiles (not even released in Jpn yet) or otomedius G (konami's got that one) will make it over here, but I'm more hopeful of seeing Raiden IV this year.

Oh sweet, instantly preordered. Been meaning to preorder Onechanbara too, so I snagged that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what? Past this you're not getting shit. Want more? Ask MS to self publish all the stuff WE get screwed out of here or make the 360's region free now or make region free games mandatory. MS NOT opening up the American market to the Japanese market makes the American offerings look even more pitiful.
Seriously the number of games outside of genre's like J-RPG, Sports and Racing is fucking pathetic here.
Forgot to add FPS.

edit: added here.

[quote name='dg7md']These games easier than Ikaruga? Loved Ikaruga but it's oh so hard.[/quote]
Yeah, basically. They're very different, and more based on your reaction time than memorization. Still not a cakewalk though, but no decent shooter should be.

[quote name='Masterkyo']no need to pre-order. hope it drop down $20 in 2-3 months after released. :)[/QUOTE]

Its about support and casting a vote, sometimes that is the right thing to do over being cheap If you like something and want to see more of it otherwise if every did that sales would be zero.

I agree with Madara. If we want more shoot 'em ups released in America, we have to support quality releases like this.

[quote name='twen']Been meaning to preorder Onechanbara too, so I snagged that too.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only person that wants that game :p

If its a prerelease do you think that the price will increase after release? If thats the case then I should probably get it now, huh?

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']Still keep my order as Raiden 1 & 2 are some of my favorite shooters.[/QUOTE]

might want to research a bit... Raiden and Raiden II are NOT in this, this is the RAIDEN FIGHTERS games. yes, they are a different series. same concept, not quite the same games.

[quote name='freshzen']I love Raiden but not forking out $30 on this, as already stated it looks like a XBLA game.[/QUOTE]
God.

It's 3 games on 1 disc for the price you'd pay for all 3 on XBLA. It's already an insane deal.

[quote name='Sarang01']Guess what? Past this you're not getting shit. Want more? Ask MS to self publish all the stuff WE get screwed out of here or make the 360's region free now or make region free games mandatory. MS NOT opening up the American market to the Japanese market makes the American offerings look even more pitiful.
Seriously the number of games outside of genre's like J-RPG, Sports and Racing is fucking pathetic here.
Forgot to add FPS.

edit: added here.[/QUOTE]
What? There are like 4 Japan exclusive 360 games that are worth playing, they're all shooters, and hey! Now one of them is coming over here. That's a good sign.

Preordered as soon as I heard. Have to support this to get the others over here. I've played the demo of this one from the JP Marketplace, and it's excellent. All sorts of options for wallpaper, screen size, filtering, etc.

[quote name='r00tabeggas']Wasn't the xbox live arcade marketplace created for shit like this?[/quote]
First off, this isn't "shit."

Second, the developers proposed the game originally as an XBLA title to MS Japan, but for some reason, they were denied, so they decided to make it a retail title instead.

Meh. I like shmups but this is pricey for me.

It may be the price of 3x XBLA games for 3 shooters, but this is CAG you know. Hell I paid (much) less for GOW2.

I'll probably buy this just because I suspect it's going to be damned HTF when the price starts seriously dropping though.

As a side note - I wouldn't bother throwing my money away for some nebulous financial vote. I've seen first hand the way marketing decides these things and if your personal vote would've really made that much difference then that game/genre is most likely doomed anyways.

Oh, and thanks OP :)

bread's done
Back