Raiden Fighters Aces (360) $12.93 at Amazon

Definitely worth it at this price. I bought it on release day for $19.99 and it's not a bad collection at all. It lacks features, there's no online multiplayer, and the leaderboards only work if you select a special mode, but still, it's an entire series of pretty good shooters. Note though: This is not the original Raiden series. This is a spinoff series called Raiden Fighters. Similar but the original Raiden games are superior.

I'm still waiting for Raiden IV to hit $9.99... :oldman:

i might stay on top of this..seems like something I can get into, especially with the training mode, or "the mode for people who frequently die in schmups"

Thanks for posting this deal, this is truly a great collection.

I want to buy Raiden IV too. The cheapest I've seen it new is at a local Gamestop for $19.99 (in LE packaging, are they all LE's?). Should I go ahead and pick it up, or hold out for a cheaper price?

[quote name='JDMoney']I want to buy Raiden IV too. The cheapest I've seen it new is at a local Gamestop for $19.99 (in LE packaging, are they all LE's?). Should I go ahead and pick it up, or hold out for a cheaper price?[/QUOTE]

yeah, they all appear to be LE's we discussed it at length in a BB thread when it hit $19.99 (GS too at the same time) There is also a link for some bonus content from the developer, its a PDF document w/ artwork (sorry don't have the link, have the file, but I don't think I can upload 32mb to CAG ;) )

Thanks for the info Token. I'll probably stop by after work and pick it up, unless I can find it cheaper online between now and then.

That's a pretty rad price for an already radically cheap priced rad game! I'd snap it up ASAP! That is, if I didn't already buy it when it came out! Rad collection of shooters all around! Recommended!

It is stuff like this, Deathsmiles, Ketsui, and especially Senko no Ronde DUO that make me really want a 360. I couldn't care less about Gears or Halo, but maaaaaaaaaaaan these shooters.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, they all appear to be LE's we discussed it at length in a BB thread when it hit $19.99 (GS too at the same time) There is also a link for some bonus content from the developer, its a PDF document w/ artwork (sorry don't have the link, have the file, but I don't think I can upload 32mb to CAG ;) )[/QUOTE]
You can upload it to one of the many file hosting sites and share the link here, please ;)

LOL, didn't mean to... I don't know why it does that sometimes? Like, it posts before rather than after. It's strange... =/ Just started happening recently...

[quote name='Izod517']It's a server time-stamp error. It had been fixed for awhile but started again recently.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, no wonder. That clears things up a lot... thanks :)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Definitely worth it at this price. I bought it on release day for $19.99 and it's not a bad collection at all. It lacks features, there's no online multiplayer, and the leaderboards only work if you select a special mode, but still, it's an entire series of pretty good shooters. Note though: This is not the original Raiden series. This is a spinoff series called Raiden Fighters. Similar but the original Raiden games are superior.

I'm still waiting for Raiden IV to hit $9.99... :oldman:[/QUOTE]

How is it different from the original Raiden games? I haven't played the original Raiden in years (local arcades got rid of Raiden many years ago). From what I played with Raiden Fighters, it felt the same as the original Raiden.

Yeah, I've been waiting for Raiden IV to hit $9.99 as well. On eBay, the lowest I've seen it go was $15, but it has been a while since I saw Raiden IV on eBay.

[quote name='po00op']How is it different from the original Raiden games? I haven't played the original Raiden in years (local arcades got rid of Raiden many years ago). From what I played with Raiden Fighters, it felt the same as the original Raiden.

Yeah, I've been waiting for Raiden IV to hit $9.99 as well. On eBay, the lowest I've seen it go was $15, but it has been a while since I saw Raiden IV on eBay.[/QUOTE]

i'm waiting also, if i found it for $14.99 i would buy it.

[quote name='Izod517']It's a server time-stamp error. It had been fixed for awhile but started again recently.[/QUOTE]I bet the K-mart $30 FFXIII, Bayonetta, etc. thread with 2,300 posts is responsible for the problem.:lol:

[quote name='confoosious']thanks for pre-answering my question. You must have ESPN!

Shit. The price just JUMPED UP to 12.99. Dunno if it's worth it now...[/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one who said that anymore.:lol:

If you like top-down shooters, it's worth $13. The games are great, pack pretty good replay value, and are just plain fun. Easy to recommend at the sub-$15 price-point.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']It's also pretty easy to get about 500 achievement points out of the game.[/QUOTE]

I'd go so far as to say there's an easy 950. It's a cakewalk compared to Raiden IV's achievements. I still have to get a few of them because I've only be focusing on the first game at the moment. The remaining 50 require you to log 96 hours of play time.

I bought this when it was first released, its a really fun game, easily worth the money. A great deal at $13. Keep in mind that I'm one of those crazy people who play video games because they are fun, not because I get virutally meaningless points to do so.

I'm waiting for my used copy from Gamestop to arrive and see what that's like, but this is a great deal.

[quote name='wastedyears']I bought this when it was first released, its a really fun game, easily worth the money. A great deal at $13. Keep in mind that I'm one of those crazy people who play video games because they are fun, not because I get virutally meaningless points to do so.[/QUOTE]

yeah....playing for a high score/1cc is one of the best reasons to play a shooter.

Jeezus this is rediculously awesome.. if you havent.. this is finally it.. next stop? $5 bargain bin at Sears after xmas?

bread's done
Back