Rainbow 6 Vegas $29.99 at Amazon

Just for future reference (or you could edit this title), it's always a good idea to name the system the game is for in your title.

its been like that for while, i didn't think it was a deal since Vegas 2 is almost out and its also a PH tittle now.

The X360 version (CE) was $20 a while back... I'm playing this game right now, it's pretty good. The bad guys are pretty smart, well worth $20. Two things i hate though, loading and can't skip the helicopter scenes. Perhaps the PS3 got better loading...

There are no PS3 Greatest Hits yet, and not being interested in the 360 I didn't know anything about Platinum Hits.

Anyhow it's still $10.00 less for the PS3 version. Too bad I'm 10 days over amazon's price policy.

just train by playing the terrorist hunt with other people on Realistic and you'll learn pretty quickly, since the PC terrorists spawn out of nowhere and plays unfairly, that way, you should be more than capable when playing with humans

Question: is this game worth it with part 2 around the corner, and CoD4 still getting heavy rotation in my 360? I tried to go back to the first GRAW a couple days ago, and I just couldn't do it. I found the mechanics just too cumbersom, perhaps having been spoiled by CoD. Any one think I'll have the same problem here?

Yep trq, same with me too. I tried playing GRAW 2 after CoD 4 and R6 and the controls felt very very stiff. It feels like you are so much more limited in GRAW.

Good game, but CoD 4 pretty much tops it in everything.

If Vegas stayed with the series' Tactical Combat route instead of turning into a "Hollywood movie", I wouldn't directly compare them. But bleh.

I sold my copy of Vegas when CoD4 came out. The only thing Ive missed about RSV since then is the customization features. The custom camo, and the different armors and facial customization. You could put your own ugly mug into the game with the 360 camera. CoD would be even better with that stuff imo.

My main problem with that game was that the method earning experience and leveling up was retarded.

But it looks like Vegas2 is using the CoD method of xp gain, so thats a good sign. I'd wait for that if you dont mind paying more than $30 for it.

[quote name='Puffa469']I sold my copy of Vegas when CoD4 came out. The only thing Ive missed about RSV since then is the customization features. The custom camo, and the different armors and facial customization. You could put your own ugly mug into the game with the 360 camera. CoD would be even better with that stuff imo.

But it looks like Vegas2 is using the CoD method of xp gain, so thats a good sign. I'd wait for that if you dont mind paying more than $30 for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought that about CoD, too: there's so much you can tweak, how about appearance customization? Anyway, that's the kind of input I was looking for. Thanks. Silent h3ro too.

Another cool feature that the Vegas games use is that the heavier body armor you select, the slower your movement. So you could build a walking tank, or a speedy ninja type that would go down in 1-2 hits, or something in between.

CoD does a little of that with some of the weapons, like LMG's make you walk slower and sprint less, but tying movement speed to armor is an even better idea imo.

IMO - This is not a great deal.

This is a great game, but it is old & dry by now (on xbox live).

Anybody remember xbox 360 R6:VEGAS CE for $19.99 in Dec 2007 ??

Now that was a great deal!

If you havent played R6:VEGAS campaign, you should get a cheaper copy before you play R6:VEGAS #2.

COD4 is so much better than R6:VEGAS but its still a great game.

In my opinion, both R6:V and GRAW has control issues. Especially GRAW has a very bad cover system that got me killed many times will I try multiple times to get into cover. R6V suffers from terrible AI at realistic (harder) difficulty level. In both games expect a lot of frustration.

CoD4 is awesome, but is a little more run and gun type game that lacks cover system.

I've had both COD4 and Rainbow,

I really don't think you can compare them, other than the fact that they are shooters. If you stop moving in COD 4 you are dead. Period. The pace is fast, and there really is no way of slowing it down unless your whole team just locks down an area. Try to stay in an area sniping that isn't the wetworks and see if you live for more than 2 min.

Rainbow you can take cover and the whole pace is slower and more tactical.

Personally I liked Rainbow a lot more, but COD 4 is more of a mainstream run and gun shooter that most people like better.

At that price though, I think I would wait or order used. Just a month until Vegas 2 comes out.

bread's done
Back