Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Gen. Info & Discussion

B

Blackout

I thought we should have a thread for us PS3 owners...

So has anyone picked the game up? I've played a little co-op with a friend and it's a lot of fun. I like all the different stat tracking and leveling up system it has.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a major problem with the online portion (minus co-op). I'm having some serious issues getting into games. I keep getting connection error messages, etc. The game I did get into was a major lag fest. Looking on different message boards it seems a ton of people are having this problem, so hopefully it gets resolved.

We should set up some CAG nights when the problems get fixed. ;)

Yeah, I tried to take a break from the story mode and hop online. I couldn't join a single match.

I'm enjoying the campaign a lot though. Hope they get the online problems fixed.

I did just get into a game. Next time I'm online I'll see if I can find you on. I need to figure out what the buddy system is like on this game.

It was fun though for the little time I played and I held my own.

[quote name='primetime']I did just get into a game. Next time I'm online I'll see if I can find you on. I need to figure out what the buddy system is like on this game.

It was fun though for the little time I played and I held my own.[/quote]

I was playing co-op with a friend the whole time I was on. It's a lot of fun. It's hard to follow the story because of all the shooting and chaotic mess, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm on Act 3 Scene 3 right now.

I was able to get into games without any problems yesterday. Maybe all the new players crapped up the servers.

[quote name='Blackout542']I thought we should have a thread for us PS3 owners...

So has anyone picked the game up? I've played a little co-op with a friend and it's a lot of fun. I like all the different stat tracking and leveling up system it has.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a major problem with the online portion (minus co-op). I'm having some serious issues getting into games. I keep getting connection error messages, etc. The game I did get into was a major lag fest. Looking on different message boards it seems a ton of people are having this problem, so hopefully it gets resolved.

We should set up some CAG nights when the problems get fixed. ;)[/quote]

Hi there. I had the same problem with Vegas 2. But I solved it :)

Most likely your internet connection streams through a router.

So what you want to do is to go to your routers page. (Open your web browser and type in your router's IP adress. Example: http://192.168.1.1)

What you have to do is to port forward.
You'll find it under: "Firewall" in the section of Gaming or Port forward or Virtual Servers.

Vegas 2 uses a couple of ports:

3478 UPD
3479 UPD
3658 UPD

80 TCP
443 TCP
3478 TCP
3479 TCP
3480 TCP
5223 TCP
8080 TCP

You'll need to open theese ports to be able to play Vegas 2 online properly.

HOW TO PORT FORWARD:

Open up your router's page and go to the port forward or virtual servers section.

1. You need to type in your PS3's IP adress.
2. Select UPD or TCP
3. And under the first white field type in your port.
4. Under the second white field type in the same number as the first one.
5. Click "Enable" and "Set".

Example:

Lan IP: 192.168.1.100
Protocol type: TCP
LAN port/beginning port: 3479
Public port/ending port: 3479

And enable it.

Once you've done this to all of the ports, restart the router and test your PS3's connectivity.

You should be able to play proberly now :)

I grabbed this title yesterday and popped it in the system. I played the first one on the 360 but decided to get this one for the PS3. I played a little of the story mode last night and it was quite fun.. I can't wait to play some of the co-op with a friend this weekend.

I did jump into one match and played for a few minutes but got the boot and did not try again. I think I will give it a try again today..

We should get a CAG night going. I am sure there are enough of us out there that picked this one up.

I'm interested in this game but have a pretty noobish question...

Is it all First Person? is there any way to turn on a 3rd person view?
-G

Fack, I suck at this game, first tactical shooter I have played, is pretty cool but I cant pass the bomb disarming part, lol

[quote name='Solid-Snake-08']Man, anyone else having problems finding games?[/quote]

Two separate times I have not been able to join any TDMs. I was able to join one late last night.

Right now I still can't join a game, even after forwarding all the ports. Other forums are reporting severe issues with PS3 online. Ubi better find a solution fast. Luckily, I'm enjoying the story mode so far, or I'd be upset.

I can apparently get into select games, but that doesn't guarantee it will finish. I wonder why that one game worked so smooth for me last night? This game clearly has some major issues in the online portion though.

[quote name='simplygriff']I'm interested in this game but have a pretty noobish question...

Is it all First Person? is there any way to turn on a 3rd person view?
-G[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it's just like Vegas 1 so pretty much it's 1st person when running around, but when you use cover it goes to 3rd person.

I just bought it today. Stuck it in, and now it's downloading a patch already. Is this patch supposed to fix online issues? I hope so, but it seems a little fast for them to get it out.

I loved the first one, so I'm sure this one will be even better! Can a friend drop right in and play coop with me, if I'm in a game? That would be rad.

[quote name='orko60']I just bought it today. Stuck it in, and now it's downloading a patch already. Is this patch supposed to fix online issues? I hope so, but it seems a little fast for them to get it out.

I loved the first one, so I'm sure this one will be even better! Can a friend drop right in and play coop with me, if I'm in a game? That would be rad.[/quote]

I think the patch was to fix framerate issues, or something. I dunno. I had to download a patch when I first got the game.

I am really enjoying the co-op story. It's a lot of fun. I was kind of shocked that the two guys they stick you with actually kill people and don't just stand there doing nothing. I wish they would have made it four player co-op but oh well.

[quote name='Blackout542']I think the patch was to fix framerate issues, or something. I dunno. I had to download a patch when I first got the game.

I am really enjoying the co-op story. It's a lot of fun. I was kind of shocked that the two guys they stick you with actually kill people and don't just stand there doing nothing. I wish they would have made it four player co-op but oh well.[/quote]

I'm always amazed at how I don't have to do anything in most rooms, because I have my AI guys target the two guys, using the snake cam. I just walk in like a dick after they've done all the work. That's probably why I like this game so much; it's easy enough for noobs like me.

Man this game turned off my PS3 twice, once sending me back at the XMB menu. I was joining a match and it just turned off my ps3, lol funniest thing ever, but weird.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-08']Man this game turned off my PS3 twice, once sending me back at the XMB menu. I was joining a match and it just turned off my ps3, lol funniest thing ever, but weird.[/quote]

I had it send me back to the XMB once. I seriously hope Ubi is working on a fix for this game.

[quote name='primetime']I had it send me back to the XMB once. I seriously hope Ubi is working on a fix for this game.[/quote]

The online co-op was working for me great, but now it's going screwy. Dropping $60 on a game you can barely play is pretty lame. They better have a patch up this week or something.

Ubi Dropped the ball on this game big time. I mean Ps3 and 360 suffering from online problems. i just wanna play the game i spent my money on already..

Can someone please explain to me how the saving works with a coop player? I have different friends who want to play multiplayer coop during my campaign but all have to play the same guest account. How does this work?

Anyone else notice that we have In-Game messaging in this game? Why can Ubisoft, who is failing miserably in all other aspects of the PS3, let me send and check messages while I'm in-game, but no one else can? It's a little sluggish, but it works.

[quote name='orko60']Anyone else notice that we have In-Game messaging in this game? Why can Ubisoft, who is failing miserably in all other aspects of the PS3, let me send and check messages while I'm in-game, but no one else can? It's a little sluggish, but it works.[/quote]

The in game messaging is actually pretty good. I was really surprised. Too bad they can't release a game where those invites you send during the game actually work.

cdietschrun are you playing online? I'm not sure what the deal is, but the online saving is kind of screwy. I was playing online with a friend, and when I continued the game, we were on Act 4 Scene 2. When he tried to host and continue, we ended up in Act 3. I'm not sure why.

[quote name='orko60']Anyone else notice that we have In-Game messaging in this game? Why can Ubisoft, who is failing miserably in all other aspects of the PS3, let me send and check messages while I'm in-game, but no one else can? It's a little sluggish, but it works.[/QUOTE]

MLB 08 the show has that and it works great imo.

[quote name='Blackout542']The in game messaging is actually pretty good. I was really surprised. Too bad they can't release a game where those invites you send during the game actually work.

cdietschrun are you playing online? I'm not sure what the deal is, but the online saving is kind of screwy. I was playing online with a friend, and when I continued the game, we were on Act 4 Scene 2. When he tried to host and continue, we ended up in Act 3. I'm not sure why.[/quote]

Yeah, I posted that before I actually tried to USE it. I sent a friend a shitload of invites, and they kept failing. We could get into a terrorist hunt together, but that's it.

Also, wtf is with me not being about to start a co-op story mode at the beginning, without ruining the checkpoint I'm at in regular story mode. Lame.

I'm curious about this as well. I went out of my way to grab a copy but I'm still messing around with 1. If the game is broken and there won't be a patch, I'll keep it sealed and deal it away.

[quote name='QiG']I'm curious about this as well. I went out of my way to grab a copy but I'm still messing around with 1. If the game is broken and there won't be a patch, I'll keep it sealed and deal it away.[/quote]

At this point your best bet is to keep it sealed and either return it or trade it for another game. I have no idea when the patch is coming, but it might take a couple weeks. Just return to the game when the patch comes out.

Noob question, but I'm struggling to find a primary weapon I'm comfortable with. I've had my best stats online with the P90 (and soon to try the AUG Para), but I'm reluctant to have a sub as my primary. I was able to dial in my headshots a lot more easily with the P90 though.

Just wondering what everybody else rolls with.

^M468 FTW!

Looks like stuff has been fixed, Don't remember any bad FR drops and I can get online to play. Soooooooooo much fucking fun!

lol man i havent been able to play online at al!! i want to play co-op so bad!!, oh well Army of Two will keep me busy till a patch arrive, ARMY OF TWO CO-OP FTW!

I think they might have fixed the servers. Last nighit I was able to get into games no sweat. I was also able to host co-op with no problems at all. Let's see how long it lasts.

[quote name='cdietschrun']What would we say is the best way to get XP either offline or online, for each case?[/quote]

I got my Marksman and CQB to near 20 just by going through the campaign. Assault is a little harder since you run out of nades, but you can do some THunt. Villa is good for assault.

I wish this game had a party system like Resistance or COD4. It's hard to get all your friends in the game. It's too slow and there is no sure thing they'll get in the game. I wish you could join all at the same time.

I am TERRIBLE online. I get so many deaths and maybe 3 kills a game. I'm trying to find a gun that I'm comfortable with. Does anyone have any tips online? It sucks when there is this asshole running around with a shotgun just shooting everyone. I am still trying to get a hang of the tactical part of the game. Every time I try to hide or come at someone, I always die first. Any tips?

[quote name='Blackout542']I am TERRIBLE online. I get so many deaths and maybe 3 kills a game. I'm trying to find a gun that I'm comfortable with. Does anyone have any tips online? It sucks when there is this asshole running around with a shotgun just shooting everyone. I am still trying to get a hang of the tactical part of the game. Every time I try to hide or come at someone, I always die first. Any tips?[/quote]

I don't want to pose myself as an expert of any sort, but I seem to be having pretty good success online to this point.

Mostly it just comes from thinking tactically and being sensitive to what's going on in the game. If you're dying a lot, focus on just being a good teammate and providing support to others. I know that what I outlined isn't something I can really describe, but I'm usually thinking throughout the entire game. What has the other team been consistently doing? How can I counter that? Do I have all my angles covered? (I find that closing doors helps me a lot) Are there usually guys down this hallway?

Just actively thinking and questioning yourself will probably help a lot. Other than that, it usually helps to take it slow, pause and take cover before heading down a dangerous route, and using short bursts in firefights (even going to single shot if a long range map like some spots in Trainyard or Vegas Junkyard). Be careful when you reload, I usually reload with about 14-16 bullets left. If you notice an opponent is reloading, especially the shotty guys, then jump them. Also, when you're in a super close range 1-on-1 battle, don't empty your clip.

Another fun way to get a few cheap kills is to go Sam Fisher on them. When a team is camping your spawn point or a certain spot on the map, try to sneak behind them, attach the silencer, and go to town on em :)

I think the shooting aspect is secondary to being tactical, but quick reflexes don't hurt. You can practice with lone wolf THunts.

Finally, focus on playing on a certain map until you get to know it well enough (you can also do THunts). Play item restricted matches if nades are getting on your nerves. My gun is the M8 with a reflex scope, but lots of people use the SCAR, FAMAS, and M468.

I saw you were on last night-my bad for not playing with you, but I had to do something when I logged on.

[quote name='primetime']I don't want to pose myself as an expert of any sort, but I seem to be having pretty good success online to this point.

Mostly it just comes from thinking tactically and being sensitive to what's going on in the game. If you're dying a lot, focus on just being a good teammate and providing support to others. I know that what I outlined isn't something I can really describe, but I'm usually thinking throughout the entire game. What has the other team been consistently doing? How can I counter that? Do I have all my angles covered? (I find that closing doors helps me a lot) Are there usually guys down this hallway?

Just actively thinking and questioning yourself will probably help a lot. Other than that, it usually helps to take it slow, pause and take cover before heading down a dangerous route, and using short bursts in firefights (even going to single shot if a long range map like some spots in Trainyard or Vegas Junkyard). Be careful when you reload, I usually reload with about 14-16 bullets left. If you notice an opponent is reloading, especially the shotty guys, then jump them. Also, when you're in a super close range 1-on-1 battle, don't empty your clip.

Another fun way to get a few cheap kills is to go Sam Fisher on them. When a team is camping your spawn point or a certain spot on the map, try to sneak behind them, attach the silencer, and go to town on em :)

I think the shooting aspect is secondary to being tactical, but quick reflexes don't hurt. You can practice with lone wolf THunts.

Finally, focus on playing on a certain map until you get to know it well enough (you can also do THunts). Play item restricted matches if nades are getting on your nerves. My gun is the M8 with a reflex scope, but lots of people use the SCAR, FAMAS, and M468.

I saw you were on last night-my bad for not playing with you, but I had to do something when I logged on.[/quote]

I'm currently playing deathmatch, so I try to hide out in a room for a minute or two. If no one pops in I move around and repeat. I'm not having a problem getting killed by a grenade. It's that people are finding me before I find them. I'm used to the Villa map so I do pretty good on that one. I think my main problem is that I'm playing it like I would COD4 or UT3: just finding someone as quick as I can to kill them, and not really taking my time with it. I guess I just need practice.

Oh yeah, how does the laser scope work? I see other people online using it but when I equip it I see no laser. It seems like it would help too. Do I need to hit a certain button or something to use it?

Send me an invite whenever you feel like it if you're up for some games. ;)

I have no idea about the laser sight. I never used it myself, and when I picked up an enemy's weapon one time, I had no idea it had a laser sight until I was in the outfitting menu. I don't really see the point to it though, especially since other people using it online just alert me to their position.

[quote name='primetime']I don't want to pose myself as an expert of any sort, but I seem to be having pretty good success online to this point.

I saw you were on last night-my bad for not playing with you, but I had to do something when I logged on.[/quote]

I'm currently playing deathmatch, so I try to hide out in a room for a minute or two. If no one pops in I move around and repeat. I'm not having a problem getting killed by a grenade. It's that people are finding me before I find them. I'm used to the Villa map so I do pretty good on that one. I think my main problem is that I'm playing it like I would COD4 or UT3: just finding someone as quick as I can to kill them, and not really taking my time with it. I guess I just need practice.

Oh yeah, how does the laser scope work? I see other people online using it but when I equip it I see no laser. It seems like it would help too. Do I need to hit a certain button or something to use it?

Send me an invite whenever you feel like it if you're up for some games. ;)

I have no idea about the laser sight. I never used it myself, and when I picked up an enemy's weapon one time, I had no idea it had a laser sight until I was in the outfitting menu. I don't really see the point to it though, especially since other people using it online just alert me to their position.

How many CAG members are playing Vegas 2?

Would CAGs be willing to play together on a Monday night?

I just ask these questions because I do feel there should be a CAG night for Vegas 2, if there are a few people here who play the game. I apologize for not trying to do this sooner, but since I really want to expand CAG PSN into more games, I just thought I'd ask. I do not own the game and would not play, but I know of some who own it and would love to play. Just let me know in this thread or the CAG PSN Gaming Group Thread.

Thanks.

I tried making the thread so CAGs who bought the game could meet up, but that never got off the ground. Honestly, I don't know if a CAG night would work because of lack of players. How many people own the game? I play everyday (currently doing terrorist hunts). If we could get a night going that would be cool but hardly anyone posted in the thread so far.

How many still have Vegas 2 on PS3? I know BigTuna89, naesowns, primetime171 and ZackieChan have it? I'm trying to see so I know whether to consider giving this game a time slot for CAG PSN Gaming, or just make it a small group get together (like add it as another option on another main night).

Head count = 6

[quote name='naes']It's kind of sad... I've barely touched this game because I'm still enjoying CoD4.[/quote]

Have no shame. COD4 is still awesome. I haven't jumped into the online portion yet because I'm still doing terrorist hunts.

I believe last night they patched the goofy leaderboards. I hardly touched online because it wouldn't record my stats. I hope whatever they did fixed this.

bread's done
Back