Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

GameCrazy is handing out codes with a preorder of this. Fortunately for you guys, it's one generic code. Here you go. This is for a TAR-21 Assault Rifle

(Hold RB) Down Down Up Up X B X B Y Up Up Y

I preordered from GS. They just called me and told me they're selling it tomorrow. Guess they gotta keep up with Gamecrazy.

Ok everyone, CAG R6V2 sounds like it will work. I have set up the GamerTag and will start accepting FRs!

I am hoping to score the game tomorrow too so hopefully a bunch of CAGs will be lucky enough to score the game early as well.

I see a few CAGS on my frinds list that are playing it already.

If you don't mind, I'd like comments on the following:

- Framerate. In the origninal Vegas, the singleplayer framefare would falter in intense battles (right when you needed maximum precision); is this still the case?

- How many SP levels are there?

i'll be sending a friend request tonight to CAG R6V2.
also for those with a best buy near you, don't forget bb will price match the fry's price.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is handing out codes with a preorder of this. Fortunately for you guys, it's one generic code. Here you go. This is for a TAR-21 Assault Rifle

(Hold RB) Down Down Up Up X B X B Y Up Up Y[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to using my Xbox Vision Cam again.

[quote name='chillot']noob question here, but does Wal-Mart sell new release games at midnight? I know they do this for DVDs, do they do it with games? :bouncy:[/quote]I think they did it with Halo 3, but I'm not sure about Rainbow Six.

[quote name='OGHowie']Nice. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to using my Xbox Vision Cam again.[/quote]

lol, yeah, finally, havent used it since the last game

[quote name='silent h3ro']I think they did it with Halo 3, but I'm not sure about Rainbow Six.[/QUOTE]

Our "shipping" date is today, Tuesday, so you'll be lucky to find this game at any Wal-Mart earlier then Wednesday, perhaps even Thursday. You'll be extremely lucky to find this on Tuesday by 2pm (UPS/Fed EX arrive by11 but most games don't get put on the floor till 1-2) so... yeah, go to Gamecrazy if you want this as soon as possible.

Awesome avatar, Monster..

I saw the guide today, I counted 13 multiplayer maps but I may be wrong.. the game looks a bit on the short side from what I could tell of the strategy guide, but there is a lot to unlock.

Anyone else think that this looks like an expansion pack and who else likes the old PC Rainbow Sixes better, such as Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield?

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is handing out codes with a preorder of this. Fortunately for you guys, it's one generic code. Here you go. This is for a TAR-21 Assault Rifle

(Hold RB) Down Down Up Up X B X B Y Up Up Y[/QUOTE]

Does it say where to enter it?

I'm guessing Char. customization?

Nm figured it out.

[quote name='Razzuel']Anyone else think that this looks like an expansion pack and who else likes the old PC Rainbow Sixes better, such as Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield?[/quote]

All the second Rainbows always look like expansion packs. I remember playing black arrow, they just changed a few things from RBS6 to black arrow, but I still bought it. These newer rainbows are according to the developer of the games, designed more for the main stream audience rather then just the hardcore shooter fans. That said I do like the other rainbows better, I played the hell out of black arrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does anyone know for sure if this map will be available anywhere else because I don't want to buy from Gamestop if I don't have to but I will if it's the only way to get the map without begging someone here for a code.[/QUOTE]

The MLG/Comcast bonus map is available to everyone. Just follow these instructions in order to unlock it: http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/r6v2/activation

enjoy the game!

I preordered the PS3 version at Gamecrazy, and the store said they won't get shipments until the 21st. That's the last time I preorder from them.

[quote name='sasukekun']Does it say where to enter it?

I'm guessing Char. customization?

Nm figured it out.[/quote]

Where do you enter it?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was debating about getting it at GS or Best Buy...that settles it Best Buy with Fry's PM it is.[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Man, the IGN review mentioned an increase in frame rate problems and slowdowns.

Hype -3[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. That doesn't even make sense. You already made a whole game using that modified U3 engine, but its somehow worse? Hopefully this doesn't bore me like GRAW 2.

Game isn't too long, beat it in between 4 and 5 hours coop with a friend on normal.

They did a great job fully integrating the coop experience into the campaign mode so this time there's none of that BS like in the first one where it was basically just loading a map with bots into it and skipping all the story stuff. Because of this they limit you to 2 players for coop though, not 4(or more?) like in the original.

New XP system is great compared to the first because it's a lot more transparent. The Assault points are definitely the hardest to get for me. You get those by killing shielded enemies(of which there are a lot more in the campaign mode), killing enemies through cover(which is another great addition, for the SP mode at least), or killing enemies with explosives.

Be sure to play it on at least normal. I accidentally got put into a casual match because the online game browser has or had a glitch where every single game was listed as Realistic even though it wasn't. You only get 1 XP/K on easy versus 10 XP/K on Realistic.

I really don't like how ranked Team Deathmatch is only 1 respawn games now. I spend longer setting up a game or spectating than actually playing.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I saw that too. That doesn't even make sense. You already made a whole game using that modified U3 engine, but its somehow worse? Hopefully this doesn't bore me like GRAW 2.[/QUOTE]

One thing is they didn't mention if that was SP or MP. The example in the video looked like it was from MP. I know they tried to add more polygons to MP, so maybe this is the case...

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Man, the IGN review mentioned an increase in frame rate problems and slowdowns.

Hype -3[/quote]For PS3 or 360 or both? That sucks either way.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Clarification - There's online story co-op right?[/quote]

Seamless co-op: A state of the art co-op mode features a jump in, jump out option which allows a friend to join you in your single player campaign at any time. When he leaves, continue on from that same point.
Hopefully they allow two users on the same X360 logged on at the same time this time :bomb:

On another note, another CAG Mojimbo (IIRC) mentioned that R6V2 pulls your data from R6V2 and you automatically rank up a couple levels, but if it does that, you get cheated from getting the achievement. Not sure if they'll release a patch on release date to fix this issue but I'm backing up my R6V file to my memory card first and removing it from the HDD to make sure.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On another note, another CAG Mojimbo (IIRC) mentioned that R6V2 pulls your data from R6V2 and you automatically rank up a couple levels, but if it does that, you get cheated from getting the achievement. Not sure if they'll release a patch on release date to fix this issue but I'm backing up my R6V file to my memory card first and removing it from the HDD to make sure.[/quote]Hmm, that would definitely suck. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']The IGN video review did not indicate.[/quote]Ok I just read the review on IGN and they said both consoles have frame rate issues but the PS3 has it a little worse.

Hype and bad FR aside... I play RSV STILL and love it so I WILL LOVE RSV2. Especially, since people are saying it's more an expansion pack than a full game...

I'm still getting it. I'm a bit disappointed for the campaign. I don't usually play rainbow for its single player, but Vegas 1's campaign was just so good!

The multiplayer graphics look better at least. That's the one thing I really hated about Vegas 1. I could not stand the shitty look of the multiplayer.

I am going to go out now to GS and see if they possibly have it yet. I have a 54.99+tax in credit from a return from the Christmas B2G1 sale. If I get it, I will be sending a FR to the RB6V2 gamertag.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Ok I just read the review on IGN and they said both consoles have frame rate issues but the PS3 has it a little worse.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is I just got the April Game Informer in the mail, and they state, "I'll take this titles smooth framerate over a few more polygons every day". WTF?

Who's actually played the game IGN or Game Informer?

That GI review was just a fluff piece and didn't say anything about the game. No surprise that it was the exclusive first review.

Forgot to mention, there are 7 levels and each has 4 stages except for the first, which has two, and the last, which has three.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Ok everyone, CAG R6V2 sounds like it will work. I have set up the GamerTag and will start accepting FRs!

I am hoping to score the game tomorrow too so hopefully a bunch of CAGs will be lucky enough to score the game early as well.[/quote]
I sent over a Friends Request to CAG R6V2. I doubt I'll be able to play much until after the semester is over (when we'll need a CAG GTAIV ID) but I'll try to hook up on the weekends since R6:Vegas was a blast with all ye' CAGs.

[quote name='primetime']I preordered from GS. They just called me and told me they're selling it tomorrow. Guess they gotta keep up with Gamecrazy.[/quote]

Is this true? Was anyone able to pick up the game today? I called a GS last night and they said not until Wednesday. I will probably stop at a place or two on the way home to check, either way.

bread's done
Back