Rainbow Six Vegas and Splinter Cell for $40 at Play Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hardware']If you live in the USA, how long does it normally take to get a game shipped from Play Asia?[/QUOTE]

I ordered my copy of Far Cry on a friday and received it the following Saturday. I'm hoping for R6 to be region free also.

If past history is an indicator, Vegas and Double Agent will both be region free. GoW almost certainly won't be. No games published by Microsoft have been region free so far, but Ubisoft's games have mostly been region-free, with King Kong being the one exception.

I wouldn't order until they've been confirmed, but these are very good potential deals on Vegas and Double Agent. Thanks OP for the heads up.

So I've never ordered region-free...Is everything in english? Are the manuals in english? Can someone give a heads up of what's different, the same?

thanks in advance.

[quote name='specialk']So I've never ordered region-free...Is everything in english? Are the manuals in english? Can someone give a heads up of what's different, the same?

thanks in advance.[/quote]
same question here. i was looking for the Coll Ed of Double Agent but at this price i can wait for a price drop on that one.

[quote name='specialk']So I've never ordered region-free...Is everything in english? Are the manuals in english? Can someone give a heads up of what's different, the same?

thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Everything is in english from the manual to the cover art.

Also from the games I have ordered the bar codes on the games are the same as the games you would purchase in the states so you could trade this in to you local retailer as well without a problem.

Just wait for confirmation before ordering to make sure they are infact region free.

I ordered Gears of War a couple of days ago since I have a Japanese Xbox 360 and it will work whether or not it's region free. Good deal.

Wow. Amazing deals. I'm going to get both if they're region-free, so that means I save $40, :D

Wow, was going to get Double Agent on original Xbox due to it being $25 cheaper than the 360 now. But now with this its only $5 cheaper (talking bout Best Buy Gift Card) So is the in-game speech in english? (that question wasn't clearly answered)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So these are Asian versions of the game or something? Are they even in english?[/QUOTE]
Try reading this thread...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I edited my post try reading it yourself.[/quote]

all these games are the EXACT COPY of the american version with the exception of the text on the box probably.

[quote name='diablofreak']all these games are the EXACT COPY of the american version with the exception of the text on the box probably.[/QUOTE]

No the text on the box will be in english also.

[quote name='flybrione']Everything is in english from the manual to the cover art.

Also from the games I have ordered the bar codes on the games are the same as the games you would purchase in the states so you could trade this in to you local retailer as well without a problem.

Just wait for confirmation before ordering to make sure they are infact region free.[/quote]

What about in-game menus/intros and stuff like that?

Yes it's all in english, as long as your xbox's settings are set for english. When you insert a region free game, the game checks to see what language the Xbox is set to, and that's what is played.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yes it's all in english, as long as your xbox's settings are set for english. When you insert a region free game, the game checks to see what language the Xbox is set to, and that's what is played.[/quote]Alright, cool. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Crackdown is also on their list for $40. Saint's Row turned out region free, so here's hoping.

And to summarize what a lot of people are concerned with, I purchased Far Cry from them. If I handed you both my copy and a local gamestop copy and you examined and played both of them, you probably could not tell which was which. As long as they turn out to be region free, Play-Asia is going to end up being THE place for 360 games when all the titles start pouring in.

did anyone order Saints Row from there? only for $40, but its on backorder. i ordered on the 12th,but they have yet to restock or ship it

Man I hope their region free. I was going to pick up only Splinter cell, but if both are region free then hell I can get both for $85 instead of a stateside copies for $130. I'm really hoping for region-free.

With all the people purchasing games on here. We should sign up as a affliate then post our links on here. When you make a purchase thru the link the person will get a credit for you making the purchase. Then we can make some money for more games. I have one but didnt want to post it until i got a approval for it.

[quote name='averageguy']With all the people purchasing games on here. We should sign up as a affliate then post our links on here. When you make a purchase thru the link the person will get a credit for you making the purchase. Then we can make some money for more games. I have one but didnt want to post it until i got a approval for it.[/QUOTE]

how do you think cheapy makes a good portion of the money to run this server? hint: affiliate links.

Any idea when we might receive confirmation of the titles being region free or not?
Will we have to wait for release day? Or sooner?

-Mike

I can't imagine Gears of War will be region free as no Microsoft publish games are yet.

Some Ubisoft games are region free (Blazing Angels, GRAW, Far Cry) and some aren't (King Kong), so I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, I think we will have to wait until release to know for sure.

Even if it is region free, will I have to change the language settings to get what I want? Or do the setting on my 360 do that for me?

Were I to preorder Rainbow Six or whatever, and it turned out to be region locked, would there be time to cancel the order?

I heard that GoW will not be region-free because of strict censorship laws in other countries like Japan. I believe that Dead Rising had the same problem.

Play-Asia takes forever to restock. ordered Saints Row on the 12th, yet nothing since. it takes 3 or more weeks for them to get it in stock?!?!?

So... this is the week Splinter Cell Double Agent is out. Can someone confirm if it's region free or not? It's the difference between me buying the Xbox 1 version or the 360 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back