Rainbow Six: Vegas.. Delayed again?!

bleak

CAGiversary!
Oh wait, strike my earlier post. Now the release date has been changed AGAIN to 6/26. I'm starting to think this game is never going to be released.

I was just checking the ebgames site and it looks like they've pushed back Rainbow Six: Vegas ANOTHER week. From 6/12 -> 6/19.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270025

Make the bad man stop.

Considering how lackluster Ubi's port efforts have been as of late, I don't have high hopes for this... would be nice if these delays were to make the game functional though.

If this port is close to the 360 version, you guys are in for a treat. There is a reason why it's one the most played games on XBL.

meh. the only good game where you get to kill terrorists is Bad Dudes.

It's a solid game. And I've only played to the start of the 3rd singleplayer level. I hope for you PS3-only folks that the port comes out well!

You guys do know they added the map pack on the 360 into this one for free, right?

I think Game Informer said it was due to all the delays.

[quote name='Roufuss']You guys do know they added the map pack on the 360 into this one for free, right?

I think Game Informer said it was due to all the delays.[/QUOTE]

Is face-mapping still in it?

[quote name='seanr1221']Is face-mapping still in it?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, it was just a little blurb where they will like "PS3 version is delayed again but as an added bonus Ubisoft is giving PS3 gamers the 360 map pack for free".

It was like, 5 sentences long, in one of the sections in the front of the mag before all the previews and reviews.

It wasn't a full fledged preview or anything like that.

Yeah, I can reccomend this game too, if the PS3 community picks up on it online. It's a lot of fun, by far my most played next gen online game.

The single player is meh by yourself, more fun co-op.

oh I thought it was going to be delayed until December. since its only a week I'm going to hold off getting that 360 version and get this one.

[quote name='Thomas96']The game is out at circuit city today... just got my copy[/QUOTE]
Please do give impressions :)

And to anyone who knows, does this have online co-op?

[quote name='whoknows']Please do give impressions :)

And to anyone who knows, does this have online co-op?[/QUOTE]

No online co-op from what I see, Regular split screen multiplayer and LAN. Instructinos say " LAN: Hook up your PS3 consoles for play on a local area netowrk. Up to 14 can play in a PSN or LAN game, or two can play locally in split screen mode.

The graphics look nice, similar to the xbox version.. to me it looks the same. The graphics like the xbox version seem kinda hazy/blurry but I think that's just the style of the game's graphics. The controls are solid, the snake controls via sixaxis work well. overall I'm pretty pleased with the game.. haven't played online yet, but I'll try it later.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn it.

There are no PS3 games that have online co-op. Did the 360 version have it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I played the 360 version, but didn't try out any co op features.

well I finally got the game to kinda stop looking hazy... had to play w/ my tv setting though... colors looked faded.

edit - 720p was the key.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, you can go through the story in co-op on live...it be very odd if they took this out.[/QUOTE]
None of the reviews have mentioned them removing it. I'd hope that's something they would mention if they did.

Oh well, I'll have it in a few days so I can see for myself.

[quote name='whoknows']None of the reviews have mentioned them removing it. I'd hope that's something they would mention if they did.

Oh well, I'll have it in a few days so I can see for myself.[/QUOTE]

Im curious myself to see if it's still in. Can anyone who has it check? Just go under the multiplayer menu, and then see if you can create a "co-op story"

I like what Tycho (of PA) said about it:

- There are many theories percolating sur le web regarding the availability of the newest Rainbow Six map pack on Live Marketplace. And when I say availability, well, that's just it: it was made available for a few hours and then yanked unceremoniously. Were long canes involved? Joystiq broadcasts a few of the most common ones, like showstopping bugs or it being released by mistake.Here's what I think: The PS3 version of Rainbow Six comes with both map packs pre-loaded, extra content that currently costs Xbox 360 owners an additional twenty dollars. In the future, when such releases are synchronized, this sort of thing won't happen - but the precedent can't be allowed to stand. Gamers are already sensitive about the pricing on these things, and the idea that owners of a competing system not only play for free but also get the content for free is almost overwhelming in its rhetorical power.

[quote name='dallow']I like what Tycho (of PA) said about it:

[/QUOTE]

I'm ALMOST tempted to trade in Rainbow Six (360) into Fye, get 30.00 for it, and then buy the PS3 version (because of the maps being included...almost tempted...

[quote name='seanr1221']Im curious myself to see if it's still in. Can anyone who has it check? Just go under the multiplayer menu, and then see if you can create a "co-op story"[/QUOTE]
I want to know too.

[quote name='seanr1221']Im curious myself to see if it's still in. Can anyone who has it check? Just go under the multiplayer menu, and then see if you can create a "co-op story"[/QUOTE]
Looks like it is. I asked at Gamefaqs and they say it is. Good thing, now I can open my copy.

[quote name='whoknows']Looks like it is. I asked at Gamefaqs and they say it is. Good thing, now I can open my copy.[/quote]

Chill, guess I'll go pick this up today :D

Identical port + extra content 360 owners had to pay for = FTW

[quote name='whoknows']Played the first part last night. Such an awesome game.

If anyone else has it and wants to play online let me know[/quote]

What's your PS3 ID? Mine's Inf_Shini

I'll probably pick it up today if I can find it for $50 or lower

I have a couple other on-line games so we can play those also if you have em' :D

(Resistance, The Darkness, RR7)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What's your PS3 ID? Mine's Inf_Shini

I'll probably pick it up today if I can find it for $50 or lower

I have a couple other on-line games so we can play those also if you have em' :D

(Resistance, The Darkness, RR7)[/QUOTE]

I'm mmmpepsi. Looks like you are already on my list.

I have The Darkness and Resistance as well, but no RR7

[quote name='whoknows']I'm mmmpepsi. Looks like you are already on my list.

I have The Darkness and Resistance as well, but no RR7[/quote]

Ahhh, so your pepsi :p

Only problem is I can't sign on right now since I can't DL the whole update for 1.82 :/
It gives me an error around 46% through the PS3 and the update through the website gives me a 70 MB file out of 110 MB :(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahhh, so your pepsi :p

Only problem is I can't sign on right now since I can't DL the whole update for 1.82 :/
It gives me an error around 46% through the PS3 and the update through the website gives me a 70 MB file out of 110 MB :([/QUOTE]
I'll try to download it and see how big the file is for me.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll try to download it and see how big the file is for me.[/quote]

Cool, if you get the whole file, let me know :D

I believe the 360 version is better simply based on the fact of the ease of use of Xbox Live combined with the amount of people playing the 360 version compared to the ps3 version. The # of people playing the 360 version has to be far superior compared to the 360 version. Plus everything will be free July 6th.

Playing this on the PS3 online is just as easy as on xbl. The online interface of the game is exactly the same plus this game finally enables PS3 users to check their friends list to send and receive game invites. It all works perfectly fine so far to me. If you think the 360 version is superior thats fine but the PS3 version functions just as well online as the 360 version to me so far.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I believe the 360 version is better simply based on the fact of the ease of use of Xbox Live combined with the amount of people playing the 360 version compared to the ps3 version. The # of people playing the 360 version has to be far superior compared to the 360 version. Plus everything will be free July 6th.[/QUOTE]

the 360 version is cheaper too, and the new maps are free... its just that if you play the 360 too much it'll overheat... I don't want to chance it.

[quote name='Pratt75']Playing this on the PS3 online is just as easy as on xbl. The online interface of the game is exactly the same plus this game finally enables PS3 users to check their friends list to send and receive game invites. It all works perfectly fine so far to me. If you think the 360 version is superior thats fine but the PS3 version functions just as well online as the 360 version to me so far.[/quote]

Plus the fact that I only own a PS3 heh heh ^^''

There's a single player story and online.

I played split screen co-op yesterday, so it does have split screen multiplayer

[quote name='Pootie Thang']This game sucks, I can't even play it online. It won't even connect. The Xbox 360 version, I had no problems with.[/QUOTE]
I can connect just fine.

Must be something with your setup giving you problems.

[quote name='Pratt75']I haven't had any problems connecting and playing online either. You can't connect so the game sucks?[/QUOTE]
Awesome, another CAG has this. I'll add you to my list and maybe we can get into a game sometime :) (my PSN name is mmmpepsi)

Also, quick question...with mics, do you have to push a button to talk or do you just talk?

bread's done
Back