Rally Racing on the PS3

mf44

CAGiversary!
I've been looking for something to get my rally fix and I'm wondering what's out there. Dirt seems to be alright...although more towards the arcade side from what I hear. Coming from the Gran Turismo rally stages, I'd prefer some more realism, but if that's all that is out there, I'll give a Dirt a try.

I have Grid right now, and from what I understand they are pretty similar...while I prefer GT5P's driving dynamics, Grid is still fun to play.

So is there anything more realistic/better than Dirt that I've overlooked? (aside from waiting for GT5)

DIRT is a great game, allows you to customize settings similar to GT. No direct multiplayer online, but you can race eachother by time like in a real rally.

Sega Rally Revo (going by the demo) isn't that great and is very arcadey, still fun.

Also, I would not overlook Motorstorm or its sequel. The original can be had very cheap now. Game isn't much fun in the beginning, but then it becomes quite enjoyable after getting into career (first 1/3 through to the end). And online is tons of fun. The game controls well and blends arcade & realism nicely. The track designs are some of the best in any racing game made, they did a great job providing all the different vehicles with a myriad of paths to choose in each race while still making them balanced. No easy feat. Don't forget DIRT 2 comes out this year with full online play too.

As a fellow rally fan your best bet is DiRT. Although I think you may be better off picking up an old XBOX on the cheap, as for the price of 1 PS3 game I was able to get an XBOX V-Rally 3 ( a bit more arcadey than you may be looking for), Rallisport Challenge 2 (the best looking of the bunch) and one of the original CMR games (the prequels to DiRT, which are a bit more realistic). All excellent titles and all dirt cheap, I think they support 720P as well.

[quote name='Richlough']I know it's not a rally game but I think it's funny no one mentioned the Motorstorms in this thread .[/QUOTE]MotorStorm: PR is fantastic, and you can drive as rally cars in some races. I just kind of forgot since I like using all the big vehicles. :lol:

DiRT 2 is supposed to be released this year. If you need a rally fix now, I also agree that DiRT is the best you are going to get on the PS3.

[quote name='Richlough']I know it's not a rally game but I think it's funny no one mentioned the Motorstorms in this thread .[/quote]
I mentioned them in my post...

Quick question guys, what are the best games on PSP in this style, other than Sega Rally Revo? I like really arcade-y racers, I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time buying new parts for the car and stuff like that.

Ya, WRC was a good game. I don't know what else has rally besides that and Revo for PSP, possibly Flatout or Race Driver?

A new Rally Cross (in the style of the 1st one, not the bastard 2nd one) would be great. They could make it have at least 8 player races, HD, more courses, more vehicles, online play.

bread's done
Back