Rambo Blu-Ray - $22.95 @ Amazon.com

Was planning to pick this up, but Sylvester Stallone mentioned on the Tonight show that he will be releasing the "John Rambo" edition of the film with all the profits going to help out Burma/Myanmar. Guess I'll hold out for that one.

[quote name='toogood']Was planning to pick this up, but Sylvester Stallone mentioned on the Tonight show that he will be releasing the "John Rambo" edition of the film with all the profits going to help out Burma/Myanmar. Guess I'll hold out for that one.[/QUOTE]

Is there supposed to be a difference in the movie or something?

[quote name='coolsteel']Is there supposed to be a difference in the movie or something?[/quote]

I'd imagine the obvious change will be that it'll be even more hard-hitting and gory (if that's even possible!). I'm sure some things had to be dropped to earn that R rating, though...so this cut will likely be unrated.

Awesome, awesome movie. The standard edition alone is good enough to warrant owning 'til the John Rambo cut comes out.

[quote name='coolsteel']Is there supposed to be a difference in the movie or something?[/QUOTE]

It's essentially supposed to be Stallone's Director's Cut of the movie.

Hmm how long will that take? I cant imagine it will be anytime soon, maybe when the next movie releases?

I think I will pick it up.

[quote name='dolemite']Is this true???[/QUOTE]

I can take a camera phone picture after work if you'd like. It's just down the street and I get out at 3 AZ time.

[quote name='foundation']My friend just bought it when I met him for lunch. We were joking about how Stallone can't demand more than $15 for his movies anymore.[/quote]

If I go to target and it's not this price, I'll... I'll Box your ears!!!!

[quote name='dolemite']If I go to target and it's not this price, I'll... I'll Box your ears!!!![/QUOTE]

Call 'em. I'll swing by in a few hours and put up a picture for y'all. I wouldn't have thought anything of it except for seeing this thread.

Man $23! I saw a thread earlier today of the whole box set of all four movies for $23 at Barnes and Noble. I really wish Blu-rays would hurry up and drop to a price anywhere close to DVDs.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Man $23! I saw a thread earlier today of the whole box set of all four movies for $23 at Barnes and Noble. I really wish Blu-rays would hurry up and drop to a price anywhere close to DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Half the reason DVDs are the price they are is because of blu-ray. If this was pre HD format wars, that set would be $60.

[quote name='foundation']$14.99 at Target when I went at lunch. Confirmed Blu-Ray.[/quote]

I just got back from target and unless your friend caught a price mistake, the new rambo on BD is 29.99 and all 3 originals (BD also)are the ones for 14.99. So prepare your ears for a good old fashioned ear boxing.

[quote name='dolemite']I just got back from target and unless your friend caught a price mistake, the new rambo on BD is 29.99 and all 3 originals (BD also)are the ones for 14.99. So prepare your ears for a good old fashioned ear boxing.[/QUOTE]

Humm... (ears prepared).. the only thing I'd say is that they didn't price adjust anything. It went *boop* and he put his card in and we left and it was $16.0x after tax.

Was it the new one? If so maybe they just set it at 14.99 along with the other ones. I know they did that by accident with the spiderman 3 pk a while ago

Yeah I'm 100% positive. I called him to verify. Neither of us were surprised really because A) Target often low-balls new releases at launch and B) we thought Rambo should have been about $23 retail so $15 made sense.

Damn that sucks if it's not universal. I'm still going back after work to see if it's actually advertised as that.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I'd imagine the obvious change will be that it'll be even more hard-hitting and gory (if that's even possible!). I'm sure some things had to be dropped to earn that R rating, though...so this cut will likely be unrated.

Awesome, awesome movie. The standard edition alone is good enough to warrant owning 'til the John Rambo cut comes out.[/quote]

I just watched the movie and featurettes. In one of them, the producer says that the cut they submitted, and got an R rating on, was essentially the director's cut. They didn't have to cut out anything due to gore.

[quote name='lawdood']I just watched the movie and featurettes. In one of them, the producer says that the cut they submitted, and got an R rating on, was essentially the director's cut. They didn't have to cut out anything due to gore.[/QUOTE]

What Stallone said on Leno was that John Rambo "would have more heart". I think he wants the DC to have more characterization. Which really doesn't fit with this kind of movie.
So I guess there is no reason to wait.

I went to his house last night and watched it. It's the new one. The Target we went to either had all four for $14.99 on accident or (much more likely) the old lady who rang us up in electronics saw Rambo 1/2/3 for $14.99 and did an override without being asked. He did pay $14.99 + tax but I didn't see his receipt.

This is obviously, now upon further discovery of other CAGs, a fluke I witnessed. My bad.. like I said, I honestly wasn't surprised that it was $15 so I wasn't skeptical at all.

Yeah it sounds like as if the employees at that Target thought that the new Rambo on Blu is supposed to be $14.99. Which I can see since the price tags I saw at several Target stores do have "Rambo" listed.... and the new one is called "Rambo." Despite that everyone still calls the original film "Rambo" instead of its actual name - "First Blood."

Anyways ordered it from Amazon today along with "Twister" on :hd:. Got the boxset of the first three at CC. High Def Digest's review is pretty dead on in terms of A/V. For $35 its an nice deal to get the first three on :br:. Just go into it with your expectations of slightly above upconverted DVD quality and you'll be pretty happy overall.

Placed my order @ 2 P.M. PST on Wednesday, already delivered @ 10 AM today. I picked the free Amazon Prime 2 day shipping...guess i get to watch it tonight. was expecting it friday.

bread's done
Back