Random Blemishes on Touch Screen (DSLite)

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!
I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen. I had pulled back on playing my DS lite for just less than month. Then less than a week ago I pulled it out to play some Scribblenauts. I turned it on and right away noticed 4-5 screen blemishes on the outside of edges of the touchscreen. I had it put away for this time in a safe place where I don't understand how it could receive this damage. It is not so bad that I can't play games on it. The blemishes are relatively small. Barely noticeable when playing a game but I still see them. Has anyone else had this happen out of nowhere or what could have caused it? =(

I think you need to define exactly what you mean by blemishes. Are they scratches, apparent damage to the screen that is offsetting the colors, dead pixels?

But in any event, never had anything wrong with my DS yet, and I play mine a lot.

They are not scratches or dead pixels. Resembles more like when you have burn in on a tv or monitor. Discoloration around the edges not in apparent shapes or anything just kind of random jagged looking marking. It is the Gold Triforce DS Lite, incase anyone has heard specifically about that one. I have an original silver DS from launch that is still in perfect working order no markings like this. Along with the 3 other Ds lites in the house(one my wifes, two belonging to my kids) no problems. I just thought I would post this here to see if anyone had any information.

No one knows? In that case, does anyone know if there is a way to get my screen replaced? If so any ideas of how much?

If you could get a picture of the defects, it would help us here diagnose what it actually is.

As far as screen replacement, I'm pretty sure you can buy the screens and replace them yourself. I don't know how much they are but it's cheaper than if you sent it to Nintendo for them to do.

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back