Random Poll Time: Are you right handed or left handed?

[quote name='neocisco']left

You forgot an option for ambidextrous, Mak.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is ambidextrous. They're just in denial about being clumsy.

[quote name='neocisco']left

You forgot an option for ambidextrous, Mak.[/QUOTE]

I guess its possible but I find it hard to believe that there are people who, without training, can do things equally well with both hands and don't favor a side in the slightest bit.

Right handed, but like bringerofdeath I often use my left hand for certain activities. Don't want to be uneven.

Righty here.

Okay so four broad factors that contribute to handedness.

-It's genetically inherited
-The orientation of the fetus inside the uterus
-Newborns with head consistently being placed in a certain direction, newborn develops association with hand it faces
-and it can be culturally influenced (some kids in Africa are punished for using the left-hand and thus have to adjust themselves.)

Lefty.

Oddly enough, I'm one of the only ones in my extended family. I'm also the only one that I know of with perfect vision.

But I can only throw a frisbee with my right hand.

Right for most all things. I brush my teeth with my left though. It feels weird brushing with the right for some reason.

Right, but I masturbate with my left hand because it feels like someone else is jerking me off.

[quote name='Brak']Right, but I masturbate with my left hand because it feels like someone else is jerking me off.[/QUOTE]

"The Stranger huh?"

[quote name='FluxDF']"The Stranger huh?"[/QUOTE]

No, the stranger is when you lay on your arm until it completely falls asleep and then you go about your business.

[quote name='FluxDF']"The Stranger huh?"[/QUOTE]

This would be called the "Switch Hitter"

And of course I was typing this as my boss walked into my office and I had to explain what the switch hitter was as he saw me typing this

[quote name='Maklershed']I guess its possible but I find it hard to believe that there are people who, without training, can do things equally well with both hands and don't favor a side in the slightest bit.[/QUOTE]

Just because somebody favors their right hand doesn't mean they can't do everything with their left hand. I have a friend who is ambidextrous, and he can use both of his hands equally, but usually uses his right because the world is built for right handed people. (Desks, cars, golf clubs, video game controllers, etc.)

Lefty here.
President James A. Garfield would often write Greek in one hand and Latin in the other simultaneously to entertain at parties. Unless you can do something like that, you're not truly ambidextrous.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I do most things with my left hand however i use my right hand sometimes like using scissors and various other activities[/QUOTE]

I'm left-handed, but use scissors with my right-hand out of necessity. Early on in school I realized the left-handed scissors were always rusty and dull, so I had to force myself to learn. I've known a lot of other lefties (like my younger sister) who went through the same thing.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']Lefty here.
President James A. Garfield would often write Greek in one hand and Latin in the other simultaneously to entertain at parties. Unless you can do something like that, you're not truly ambidextrous.[/QUOTE]

That's not ambidextrous, it's demon possession.

Righty

I randomly do three activities with the left hand

1. Play pool
2. Dribble a basketball better with the left (trained much more with the left than the right growing up)
3. Play Guitar

And that's it, I'm pretty sure I do everything else with the right.

Write, eat, lefty and switch between what hand I use for various sports. Throw righty, bat lefty, golf righty, hockey lefty.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I do most things with my left hand however i use my right hand sometimes like using scissors and various other activities[/QUOTE]

I'm the same- it caused me a lot fo trouble early on in school. "D you need right or lefty scissors?" "I don't know." "Show me which hand you write with." Then I'd hold up my left hand and get a pair of scissors I couldn't use, which made me wonder if I was right handed after all. To this day, I find myself having to actively think to make sure the right/left direction I'm giving is correct.

I write left handed, so I guess that's the real identifier people expect you to answer with. We get great deals on golf clubs, but from a shitty selection.

So, say you're born left handed but loose your left arm in a tragic easy-bake oven accident. Does that automatically make you right handed?

[quote name='Anexanhume']So, say you're born left handed but loose your left arm in a tragic easy-bake oven accident. Does that automatically make you right handed?[/QUOTE]

No, just clumsy.

[quote name='Maklershed']I guess its possible but I find it hard to believe that there are people who, without training, can do things equally well with both hands and don't favor a side in the slightest bit.[/QUOTE]
I'm equally proficient with both hands. I use whichever one is easier at the time.

bread's done
Back