(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='burgundy']Nothing on the coupon or on the game specifies that $20 is a sale price. Plenty of consumers could be buying the game banking on the $20 credit (which wouldn't even make it free, btw) and not getting it if EB doesn't honor the coupon. EB could have retracted the magazines, posted that the coupon wasn't good in-store, or simply chosen not to drop the price. If it doesn't honor the coupon, it's a bait-and-switch, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Try reading a law book. I can let you borrow mine if you must, but do try to know what you are talking about before you post.

It's not bait and switch. It's 'offer to negotiate'. I even posted the court case.

It's worth gambling a 37 cent postage stamp on (for a potential $20 payoff) if you were going to buy Paper Mario 2 at this price anyway.

[quote name='David85']The coupon didn't, but it wa son the page before.[/QUOTE]

So? Am I supposed to go over the entire magazine before I use a single coupon, in case information missing from the coupon is available somewhere else?

I just sent my Receipt with the coupon in. My receipt even say's I only paid like $5.17 for it cause I used my $20 Syphon filter voucher to buy it plus some other stuff. I will let you guys know if I get my $20 voucher.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Try reading a law book. I can let you borrow mine if you must, but do try to know what you are talking about before you post.

It's not bait and switch. It's 'offer to negotiate'. I even posted the court case.[/QUOTE]

Try being less condescending.

How is it an offer to negotiate? That kinds of terminology pertains to advertisements. I've already bought and paid for the game pursuant to the rebate offer terms. We're well past the offer stage.

Obviously I'm not going to sue over $20 credit, but that doesn't make me any less right. And I will bitch if I don't get my rebate credit.

[quote name='burgundy']Nothing on the coupon or on the game specifies that $20 is a sale price. [/QUOTE]If the game says "$49.99" and you buy it for $19.99, then it's a temporary markdown (sale).

This is blantantly obvious. You remind me of my customers at Penney's. "But it doesn't say I can't use the coupon." To which I reply, "Look. Right here. Can only be used on Regular Priced Merchandise." And then they pretend they don't understand what that means, and insist they should be able to use the coupon. You know perfectly well that Paper Mario = $19.99 = SALE. You're just pretending to be ignorant.

I get extremely annoyed with customers who pretend to be stupid, just to get a bargain. They know perfectly well that they can't use the coupon, because its says "regular price only" but like skilled scam artists, they are pretending they have an IQ = 50.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']If the game says "$49.99" and you buy it for $19.99, then it's a temporary markdown (sale).

This is blantantly obvious. You remind me of my customers at Penney's. "But it doesn't say I can't use the coupon." To which I reply, "Look. Right here. Can only be used on Regular Priced Merchandise." And then they pretend they don't understand what that means, and insist they should be able to use the coupon. You know perfectly well that Paper Mario = $19.99 = SALE. You're just pretending to be ignorant.

I get extremely annoyed with customers who pretend to be stupid, just to get a bargain. They know perfectly well that they can't use the coupon, because its says "regular price only" but like skilled scam artists, they are pretending they have an IQ = 50.

troy[/QUOTE]

Some people are just stubborn, but other's have a valid point.

Let's face it: there was a good 24+ hours when no one knew these voucher's wouldn't work (before the employees got the e-mail), and in that time there really was no possible concievable way to know it was "on sale." In fact, non CAG civilians still have no way of knowing, since they haven't withdrawn the ad. It wasn't a $50 game marked at $20, but a $20 game marked at $20. If it were regular priced at $50 it would say so (which it deffinitely does not. They all have $20 price tag stickers on them). If there was some kind of sale sign or ad, it would be different.

[quote name='electrictroy']If the game says "$49.99" and you buy it for $19.99, then it's a temporary markdown (sale).[/QUOTE]

I asked the sales person what the price was; She said it was $19.99. Nobody said anything about a sale. The game did not "say" anything about its price; it didn't even talk until I placed it in my gamecube.

[quote name='burgundy']Try being less condescending.

How is it an offer to negotiate? That kinds of terminology pertains to advertisements. [/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it's stickered right on the box, it's still an offer to negotiate. I know well enough this subject matter.

The rebate is for regular price at time of issuance. That price was $49.99. It doesn't matter if it gets marked down (permanently) to $.03. The rebate is no longer valid because you are already getting it below the rebate price.

It's like going to McDonald's with a coupon for buy one, get one free cheesburgers at the regular price. You find out cheeseburgers are 60% off (making them cheaper than your coupon), and still wanting one B1G1.

Try being less greedy. I hope they tell you to fuck off, because EB has already said tough shit. If you know a dishonest or weasely employee, you might just get it. The coupon says not valid with ANY discount. Also, they aren't responsible for any lost vouchers. Looks like your mailman stole it. :lol:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No, it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it's stickered right on the box, it's still an offer to negotiate. I know well enough this subject matter.

The rebate is for regular price at time of issuance. That price was $49.99. It doesn't matter if it gets marked down (permanently) to $.03. The rebate is no longer valid because you are already getting it below the rebate price.

It's like going to McDonald's with a coupon for buy one, get one free cheesburgers at the regular price. You find out cheeseburgers are 60% off (making them cheaper than your coupon), and still wanting one B1G1.

Try being less greedy. I hope they tell you to fuck off, because EB has already said tough shit. If you know a dishonest or weasely employee, you might just get it. The coupon says not valid with ANY discount. Also, they aren't responsible for any lost vouchers. Looks like your mailman stole it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

A newbie I like!!!

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Anyone know if this is still the price, in store?[/QUOTE]
One of my friends got the last copy at one of my local stores for $20, but the manager claimed that "It [was] going to go up pretty soon".

Now it's listed for 19.99. When you add it to your cart, it goes to 49.99. What the fuck gives??? Was going to get another for my nephew.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Anyone know if this is still the price, in store?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got mine about a week ago but they were out after me. You should probably call your EB to see if they have any instead of wasting a trip (unless you are there for something else at the same time).

While I wouldn't neccesserily advise it; for those who are mad that they're not getting their rebate, you could always return it for $50 in store credit. YMMV of course, since you'll no longer have your receipt, but if the seal isn't broekn and it has an EB sticker on it they'd probably let you take it back for at least store credit.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']While I wouldn't neccesserily advise it; for those who are mad that they're not getting their rebate, you could always return it for $50 in store credit. YMMV of course, since you'll no longer have your receipt, but if the seal isn't broekn and it has an EB sticker on it they'd probably let you take it back for at least store credit.[/QUOTE]

unless they

A wont take without recept

or

B give lowest sale price within the last 90 days like some stores

[quote name='slidecage']unless they

A wont take without recept

or

B give lowest sale price within the last 90 days like some stores[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of B before. Regardless, I might sell my open, but 100% mint/complete copy to a CAG who missed out on this deal for cost + shipping. I'm not done with it yet though, but it'll probably be coming to my tradelist soon...

It's funny, but a couple weeks ago I was worried about spending $20 on it (if I couldn't get my rebate), but now that it's up to $50 I feel lucky for even getting it at $20.

[quote name='David85']A newbie I like!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Long time listener, first time caller. :D

Looks like that $19.99 WAS a sale price. And how are we justifying the $20 rebate at $20 now?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Thanks. Long time listener, first time caller. :D

Looks like that $19.99 WAS a sale price. And how are we justifying the $20 rebate at $20 now?[/QUOTE]

Technically they've won, but you always have the outside chance of getting an employee to honor it, as it was an unadvertised sale after all. So they migth take pity on you and negotiate something. It's worth a shot.

It could go back down in a few weeks, EB really likes messing with people like that.

Good example of which was the Wario World sale... never did get the game either.... grrr...

man, i thought i could get this for cheaper. but now i realize $20 with a $20 MIR is 0 dollars. :whistle2:/ i was basically forgetting the rebate bc i thought it had no chance of being honored.

ah well, hopefully it is $20 or less soon enough.

BTW, I don't know about ebgames' registers, but at JCPenney & also Sears, we can tell whether it's a regular price or sale price. There's a "I" after the price that indicates it's "incentive pricing" and therefore temporary.
[quote name='burgundy']Nothing on the coupon or on the game specifies that $20 is a sale price. [/QUOTE]If the game says "$49.99" and you buy it for $19.99, then it's a temporary markdown (sale). This is blantantly obvious. You remind me of my customers at Penney's. "But it doesn't say I can't use the coupon." To which I reply, "Look. Right here. Can only be used on Regular Priced Merchandise." And then they pretend they don't understand what that means, and insist they should be able to use the coupon.

They know perfectly well that Levis Jeans = $9.99 = SALE, not regular price. I get extremely annoyed with customers who pretend to be stupid, just to get a bargain. They know perfectly well that they can't use the coupon, because its says "regular price only" but like skilled scam artists, they are pretending they have an IQ = 50.

Same applies to people claiming they didn't know Paper Mario = $19.99 was a sale. They DO know... they just don't want to admit it. They want to get something, for nothing.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']

If the game says "$49.99" and you buy it for $19.99, then it's a temporary markdown (sale).

[/QUOTE]

My game said "$19.99". The EB put $19.99 stickers on it.

And my Penney's is selling Levis at $9.99, regular price.

Riiiiiight.

My customers know perfectly well that Levis = $9.99 is a sale. They DO know... they just don't want to admit it. They want to get something, for nothing. So they throw a fit, and pretend they're confused.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']And my Penney's is selling Levis at $9.99, regular price.

Riiiiiight.

troy[/QUOTE]

It did, it was over a $49.99 sticker.

Anyone else? Yeah I'm making this up on a game forum...you got me...lord.

I am just saying it had a $19.99 sticker on it. It didn't say "Sale, $19.99". It didn't have like a red tag or anything. Why would I know it's a sale? We are not taking "Levis" here. Game prices drop all the time.

[quote name='KongaKing']I am just saying it had a $19.99 sticker on it. It didn't say "Sale, $19.99". It didn't have like a red tag or anything. Why would I know it's a sale? [/QUOTE]

You ASK the manager at the store. He/She could then tell you that it's a *sale*, and therefore the coupon can not be used.

But of course, you don't want to hear that. So you refuse to listen to the manager.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']You ASK the manager at the store. He/She could then tell you that it's a *sale*, and therefore the coupon can not be used.[/QUOTE]

The clerks I've frequently encountered there have been clueless about both the game's current price and the rebate, so I doubt asking them whether or not this particular item was on "sale" would have provided any useful information.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']The clerks I've frequently encountered there have been clueless about both the game's current price and the rebate, so I doubt asking them whether or not this particular item was on "sale" would have provided any useful information.[/QUOTE]

clerk=/=manager

[quote name='servbot']Tis back on sale, online only. I snagged me one :)[/QUOTE]

See? EB seems to like doing that.

11 still in stock. I hope they do this in like a 3-4 weeks when I have some money.

Wow this is worst than stock market... up and down up and down. Much more exciting than roller coaster.

[quote name='Zmonkay']tis gone, and says page does not exist :([/QUOTE]

That means it's out of stock, until they either restock it at $49.99 or $19.99.

I went to my EB today to pick this up along with the new flyer (for the $20 off PM2 coupon as someone here said) but they didn't have any flyers.

So I'll wait and see. I've herd from my friend at CC that this is going to be a Player's Choice title soon so a universal price drop should be near.

[quote name='appleyum']Wow this is worst than stock market... up and down up and down. Much more exciting than roller coaster.[/QUOTE]

That's the EB way. Sale price something for a week, back up the next, then the next = 'it's a PC now.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back