(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
=/ back to $50 now....

i always hate nintendo games because all their games seem to take forever drop in prices :p i've been waiting for a Mario Kart: Double Dash drop for like 2 years now....

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']The clerks I've frequently encountered there have been clueless[/QUOTE] I repeat: "You ASK the manager at the store. He/She could then tell you that it's a *sale*, and therefore the coupon can not be used."

troy

[quote name='David85']You were waiting for Double Dash to drop seveal months before it was out?[/QUOTE]

LOL he has SEEN the future..... but not far enough to cover the price drop period...

and for those still gripping over the coupon... just beat it then trade in at GS for 22 and buy a new game that u know u want.

I just beat it and traded it in toward ToS.

I betcha they fucked up the pricing adjustments then realizing their stupidity, they emailed to all managers to claim that it is merely a sale. Because if this really is a sale, they wouldn't be so quiet about it since it's such a hot game and if they DO put it on sale, they would wanna make a ruckus about it to draw customers in. While, they silently just do price drops on all games when it comes time.(well, most of the time anyways with exception of super hot games)

The guy who sent out the price adjustments to all stores must have mixed it up with Tales of Symphonia. I noticed that Paper Mario goes down to 20 while ToS remained at 50, now it's the reverse.

[quote name='Vinny']I've herd from my friend at CC that this is going to be a Player's Choice title soon.[/QUOTE]

I love the herd mentality. Do you always run with the herd? If the herd marched off a cliff, would you be right there with them?

No, that was Nintendo. Nintendo made SSBM $20 and then put it back at $30 like a day later.

This is just EB, Nintendo will sometime lower it to $20... hopefully.

[quote name='servbot']yes, got mine in the mail today[/QUOTE]

What did you get in the mail today, the game or the voucher?

If you did get the voucher, what price did you buy it at, $19.99 or $49.99?

if for whatever reason the game drops back down to 20, is there anyway they will honor the new price for old purchases, ala many retail stores? (I figured 30 bucks ain't too bad so ordered one anyway)

[quote name='shrike4242']What did you get in the mail today, the game or the voucher?

If you did get the voucher, what price did you buy it at, $19.99 or $49.99?[/QUOTE]

the game for $20

[quote name='Glockster']Did anyone get their rebate yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I didn't even get an e-mail acknowledging that they received my rebate form, like I did when I sent in the "buy 2 PSP games and get a $10 GV" deal.

No rebate here, either. I can live with that. If the rebate does come, I'll just treat it like found money and blow it on something I wouldn't normally get--like a full-price Madden 06 or NCAA 06. Yeah, how un-cheap ass of me.

[quote name='stolazi']No rebate here, either. I can live with that. If the rebate does come, I'll just treat it like found money and blow it on something I wouldn't normally get--like a full-price Madden 06 or NCAA 06. Yeah, how un-cheap ass of me.[/QUOTE]

I hate to ask this newbish question but a lot of you guys are writing like EB doesn't honor their rebates that well. Am I just being paranoid or is this really the case?

[quote name='strayfoxx']I hate to ask this newbish question but a lot of you guys are writing like EB doesn't honor their rebates that well. Am I just being paranoid or is this really the case?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, EB sent out e-mails telling employees that they would not honor the $20 voucher if the game was bought at $19.99. I guess the voucher was supposed to only apply to the game at $49.99--although it didn't say that anywhere on the form.

I bought it at $20, sent in the voucher, and am not holding my breath.

As for other EB rebates, this is my first, so I don't know about their history with that.

[quote name='stolazi']Supposedly, EB sent out e-mails telling employees that they would not honor the $20 voucher if the game was bought at $19.99. I guess the voucher was supposed to only apply to the game at $49.99--although it didn't say that anywhere on the form.

I bought it at $20, sent in the voucher, and am not holding my breath.

As for other EB rebates, this is my first, so I don't know about their history with that.[/QUOTE]

They told me that no one will be getting the $20 gift voucher, no matter how much it cost the buyer. :bomb:

funny that i told people way back on the first day that PM2 when to 20 that eb said the wont honor the rebate and people said BULL that they would honor it. its been what 6 weeks and still no rebate. Told you

anyone have a phone number for eb rebates? if someone can come up with one we should all call and complain, that is the only way these things get turned around.

[quote name='TheShiz']anyone have a phone number for eb rebates? if someone can come up with one we should all call and complain, that is the only way these things get turned around.[/QUOTE]

This is the Eb Customer Service #:

1-877-432-9675

[quote name='TheShiz']anyone have a phone number for eb rebates? if someone can come up with one we should all call and complain, that is the only way these things get turned around.[/QUOTE]

the phone number is

1 800 800 5166

dont expect them to do anything for you cause i called them the first day they said they wouldnt honor the rebate and they said IT WAS A TEMP MARKDOWN and they will not honor the Rebate. They also said it SHOWED RIGHT IN THE BOOK BUY 49.99 GET 20 Back.. so you had to buy it for 49.99

told you all way back on post #216 that you wouldnt be getting the rebates and noone wanted to belive it (5-25-2005)

[quote name='slidecage']its been what 6 weeks and still no rebate. Told you[/QUOTE]

In my experience, EB always takes 2+ months to deliver on its promised rebates, so I'm not getting anxious just yet. Besides, I was going to buy the game at $20 anyway, so if EB doesn't honor the rebate, I can live with it this time.

[quote name='slidecage']funny that i told people way back on the first day that PM2 when to 20 that eb said the wont honor the rebate and people said BULL that they would honor it. its been what 6 weeks and still no rebate. Told you[/QUOTE]

The text on the rebate takes 8-10 weeks to process. :roll:

I'm more trying to find out if they have it or not.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Anybody get a partial $10 rebate? Someone in another thread(can't remember which one) said they received $10, instead of the $20.[/QUOTE]

That was for Syphon Filter, which they sold on the EB site off and on for $10, and the rebate was for $20. Some people were shafted out of $10 of that rebate, and after some conversations with EB, they ponied up the other $10 for a few people.

No luck so far, i got a pre-made speel about temporary price drop not counting. I countered and asked if it was ok i was deceived by an employee who said it would be free.

For the procrastinators out there, just a friendly reminder that the last postmark date for this voucher offer is TOMORROW - 7/14.

:D

[quote name='djak1']For the procrastinators out there, just a friendly reminder that the last postmark date for this voucher offer is TOMORROW - 7/14.

:D[/QUOTE]

yeah....I really should find my reciept then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back