Rango $9.99 After $5 Coupons at Best Buy B&M

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Rango is on sale at Best Buy for $19.99 this week. Print and use Paramount's manufacturer coupon and the $5 off $14.99 BB coupon to make it $9.99 before tax. As always, competence of your BB cashier is YMMV but this has been confirmed by several CAGs to work without override.

Note: if you're experiencing issues printing the manu. coupon, try deleting your cookie for rango.com or use IE. If you still get an error, try using this link.

Worked for me without issue. The cashier eyeballed the manufacturer coupon quite a bit, though did the F7 (or F6) on the register, entered the amount and totaled it out. BB $5 coupon scanned without issue and knocked it down to $14.99 + tax.

$11.24 after tax and the two coupons.

I know it's SUPER YMMV (meaning no chance in hell), but anyone try a PM for an even lower price, say with the Fry's ad ($17.99) + the 2 coupons?

Anyone know how much it is at WalMart and Toys R Us?

Didn't work for me. The cashier stated they got a lot of these coupons and called the manager over for approval. The manager looked at the BB coupon and said only for regularly priced items. Regardless of the fact that these would've scanned, I got shot down.

Once BB cashier employee see the "CANNOT COMBINE WITH OTHER COUPONS OR OFFERS" on the BB $5 coupon...they will shut you down. That's what happened to me just now...

[quote name='rhenzhen']Once BB cashier employee see the "CANNOT COMBINE WITH OTHER COUPONS OR OFFERS" on the BB $5 coupon...they will shut you down. That's what happened to me just now...[/QUOTE]
Try again in the evening if you're out that way, because a shift change can fix everything. I had the same issue with a couple try-hards, but this was the same BB that matched TRU's 2for$50 couple weeks back so I'm hopeful tonight will go better.

[quote name='Jodou']TI had the same issue with a couple try-hards[/QUOTE]

That made me LOL because it's so true...

Printing the coupon now. I'll try on the way home. Maybe I'll take my kid in with me - if he can start screaming at the right time, I may get off easy ;)

[quote name='Mugen Power']Didn't work for me. The cashier stated they got a lot of these coupons and called the manager over for approval. The manager looked at the BB coupon and said only for regularly priced items. Regardless of the fact that these would've scanned, I got shot down.[/QUOTE]Going back at another time seems like the best course of action.

I've told reps to try and see if it scans before they assume it won't work. Usually fixes the issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've told reps to try and see if it scans before they assume it won't work. Usually fixes the issue.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that and the manu. coupon is as good as cash. My guys were so brainwashed they wouldn't listen to anything but the fine print.

Next time they make a zombie shooter game, it should feature BB employees lol.

In and out without an issue. I also got Mortal Kombat on bluray for $4.99 after coupon. The cashier looked at the price on the bluray and manually entered the coupon without asking a question. o_O

So I just bought this at Best Buy. It was listed as $19.99, but I used the $5 off manufacturer coupon. I tried to use the $ off Best buy coupon, but they didn't allow me to use it. Why? Aren't I entitled to using one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon? They told me I was double dipping. And they also said that they would only be able to accept both coupons if the movie wasn't already on sale... Bullshit or not? Can they do this? Can someone shed some light on this? I was thinking about calling customer service in order to ask them if they could help me with this matter.

The best way to do this is to hand them the BB coupon first. After they enter it in and tell you the price then hand them the manufacture one. The man coupon should be aloud as it is a form of payment. This again is always YMMV but that's the way I always do it.

Shame that everyone is having an issue with BB being not nice about taking them.

Going to try this in a few hours - hopefully it goes smoothly, though it sounds highly YMMV on the cashier acceptance part even if the coupons scan OK...

I'll try the BB coupon first like you said neoz (though someone else above has it the other way around). It makes sense to use the one with the "not valid with any other coupons" deal first, then the manufacturer one. Like others have said, it is not another BBY coupon, it is a separate manufacturers offer and should be accepted as a form of payment.

[quote name='thesis88']So I just bought this at Best Buy. It was listed as $19.99, but I used the $5 off manufacturer coupon. I tried to use the $ off Best buy coupon, but they didn't allow me to use it. Why? Aren't I entitled to using one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon? They told me I was double dipping. And they also said that they would only be able to accept both coupons if the movie wasn't already on sale... Bullshit or not? Can they do this? Can someone shed some light on this? I was thinking about calling customer service in order to ask them if they could help me with this matter.[/QUOTE]

I would go again and try a different cashier at a different time. Try it the way I mentioned and if that doesn't work then call CS. And yeah complete BS when they said you were double dipping. If they do give you a problem get the store number and manager's name.

Man!!! It was like pulling teeth here in Houston. Took 30 mins to get approval from a manager. Almost reminds my why I dont shop at any BB's outside of my local one in Denver. I'm glad we can use RZ certs on Amazon Kindle cards. Converted all mine to AMZ credit.

[quote name='io']Going to try this in a few hours - hopefully it goes smoothly, though it sounds highly YMMV on the cashier acceptance part even if the coupons scan OK...[/QUOTE]

Yeah sucks too that they are like that. From my experiences most manufacture coupons never scan at least the bar code and have to be done manually.

[quote name='neoz']I would go again and try a different cashier at a different time. Try it the way I mentioned and if that doesn't work then call CS. And yeah complete BS when they said you were double dipping. If they do give you a problem get the store number and manager's name.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. I might just go to a different Best Buy and try both coupons there the same way you told me. If that doesn't work, I'll call customer service. Some people are saying that the Best Buy coupon specifically says that it's "Not valid with any other coupons or offers." Do you think customer service will tell me the same thing?

[quote name='io']I'll try the BB coupon first like you said neoz (though someone else above has it the other way around). It makes sense to use the one with the "not valid with any other coupons" deal first, then the manufacturer one. Like others have said, it is not another BBY coupon, it is a separate manufacturers offer and should be accepted as a form of payment.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't matter the order, because the computer will attempt it the same way every transaction. Whatever coupon you use first, the logic will always ring true.

One last resort method that could work is use the BB coupon alone, then walk straight to CS and tell them you forgot to use the manu. coupon. If they question the pricing, tell them it was a RZ coupon (which they may take to mean RZ certificate ;)). Since both coupons are not in front of them, they may not question it at all. GL!

This is what i did to get mine and my friend did for the movie to get to $9.99:

make the BB 5 off as a jpeg/png, transfer it to your phone. print out your manufacturers coupon. when at the cashier be sure to have the BB coupon zoomed in on the barcode and sku. Present a rewards card (or friends phone number designated on that card) to make it seem more legit.

how does this work? The cashier will not take the time to pan around and zoom on your phone to read the text. The cashier will simply type in either sku or barcode numbers. BAM extra 5 off Rango.

Bonus Round: when presenting the BB coupon on your phone, be sure to excalim that it's a rewards zone mobile coupon

Technically, it shouldn't work as the wording states on the BB coupon cannot combine offers/coupons. But guess what, if it scans it's legit, thats BB's fault.

It was tough to get this deal to work, but it ultimately did. It definitely comes down to the cashier you get.

The first cashier couldn't ring it up my transaction correctly with the coupons, but then I had no trouble when she sent me to another cashier (whom has been smooth at processing these coupons for me in the past).

In and out in 2 minutes. The cashier rang the movie, then rang the BB coupon and said "Do you have another coupon?" I said yes and handed her the Rango coupon... $10.50 out the door...

No problems in Leesburg, VA... well kinda no problems. She did refuse to allow me to use my RZ certificate with both coupons... But a combo pack for $10.74 after tqx I can work with...

I was turned down at my local BB. I saw a teen girl with purple hair at the cash register and figured I was golden. She started asking questions and I tried my best to talk my way through it but she finally asked her manager and they said no. Oh well

I also to got shot down like many others, I do agree though it is pretty dependant on the cashier. I have ""double dipped" as they like to call it this coupon before. But this time what the supervisor or CSM w/e said i just couldnt help but laugh. He tried to tell me that it is the law, illegal to accept both coupons. I just stood there and laughed at him. Probably didnt help, but i was like are you honestly going to stand there and tell me the goverment cares what price you sell blu rays for. Are you saying the goverment limits what price best buy can sell there movies at?
To which he just gave me a blank look and walked off, but with my wife and kids standing there already emabrassed, i just bought it at 14.99 and made snide remarks under my breath otw out.

Went back this evening and got the $10 deal no problem. Almost thought there was going to be an issue when the guy couldn't figure out why the manu. coupon wouldn't scan, but he finally got it.

Funny enough, if you scan the barcode on those it DOES scan but comes up as $5 off The Fighter lol. How bizarre.

Success at Seattle (Northgate) store :whee:Final cost was $11.35 after both coupons and 9.5% sales tax. Interestingly, the only difficulty the cashier had was with the manufacturer's coupon, but solved the problem. This was the second time I used the Best Buy coupon that is supposed to discount retail items (all of these new releases are listed as on sale).

yep... It's a YMMV on this one. The first place shot me down because "its on sale..." and so I said never mind and the manager *looked* like he was going to give it to me anyways but all he did was suspend the transaction and I bought something else instead.

The other store *almost* shot me down...but the cashier tried to run it thru when the system all of a sudden asked how much off for the coupon and he knocked down the 5 dollars, so both coupons worked! :)

My cashier didn't even look at the coupons for more than a second. She probably should have, since she manually entered 5 bucks off 4 times instead of 3 times. Got Rango and 13 Assassins for 19-something.

Ya shot down in Irvine, CA but able to get it without issue at the San Marcos, CA store, though I made sure to get a cashier that didn't seem likely to enforce the fine print.

Got Rango at San Dimas, CA smoothly. Didn't have to go through any ruckus, great deal on a new release! Hope more deals come for future releases!

In & out, perfect deal for a blind-buy. It took me longer to get 4 quarters for the gumtoy machine. Apparently only customer service can do that .

Also bought Crank/Crank2 double-Blu for $11.99 after $5 (I know wal-mart has it for $10, but they weren't on my list), after listening to the CAGCast and the HDTGM? Crank2 episode.

Will have to try Bklyn. Went to a Manhattan store. The Rango coupon rang up fine but for some reason the $5 BB coupon scans but takes nothing off. This is the 2nd attempt trying to use the $5 BB coupon in a Manhattan store (at 2 different stores) and both times it fails to take anything off.

bread's done
Back