RANT HERE - Incident with a 1-Hour Photo at Walmart

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
My wife, daughter and myself recently went to a wedding the past weekend. My wife is a photographer so as a wedding gift she took pictures for free. Today she took my daughter to a class then ran some errands. She uploaded the wedding pics to Walmart's website along with some of our trip to Disney and a visit to my parents.

The manager picked through the lot of pics telling my wife which ones needed to be"copyrighted" since I guess they looked "too" professional, pretty much accusing her of being a liar. Apparently they have the right to do this. Both my wife and I were absent in any of the pictures since they were just of the wedding and our daughter with Disney characters. According to my wife he was smug and just being an unhelpful ass. After a lot of debate with the clerk & manager my wife just wanted her pictures destroyed and then leave. They denied even that. So she called me and I got in on the action. I didn't want these pricks holding onto pictures of my daughter.

I cursed his ass out. It's been a while since I talked like this but it pissed me off. If anyone reads Walking Dead I was talking like Negan with "fuck" in ever other word.  Anyways he said they shredded them. I told him "You better, for all I know you're a perverted little pedophile fucker."  Then he hung up.

It's been a while since I lost my steam like that. I defiantly wasn't calm but I didn't give a shit. I can see if it's some 50 yr old guy with random pictures of kids playing in a park. But my wife is a 34 yr old harmless Japanese woman. She even showed them pictures on her phone of us together and they still didn't buy it.

They didn't use good judgement or common sense. I understand they have the right to do this but they run risk destroying relations with the customer and coming off as a complete asshats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did she upload the pictures to Wal Mart's website? I mean personal pictures should be kept in the home or something...
It's not used for hosting or sharing. Uploading is only for them to print and pick up. A bunch of stores do this.

UPDATE:

I got a call from store supervisor. She apologized but just reiterated the policy again. I was calm this time. She offered to process the photos for free, but I think we'll decline. Anyways she said they'll talk to the manager tomorrow. I don't know if that will really happen but I feel the battle was won.

I still want to punch that prick manager in his acorns.

Places have been the copyright police like this for a while now. I remember several years ago when I got out of college my roommate worked for a smaller, independent newspaper plus the occasoinal wedding and so forth doing some freelance photography. Obviously being broke graduates neither of us had a decent photo printer there so to get any professional quality images printed on his own he had to go to Walgreens, Kinko's, etc.

Anyhow I guess everytime he went to Walgreens he had to make sure to bring his ID and business card. Once he proved he was a photographer and they were his photos then he had to sign a release...

We just did it as a favor. She usually does it from some online site (which I forgot the name of) but it's more expensive.

I probably overreacted by calling the store a cursing him out but my wife really is a sweet person. Because of that I tend to boil up if people try to bully or push her around. English isn't her first language so I felt like the manager didn't even try to understand her.

Sorry for the rant. It's not even a big deal. Just had to get it off my chest. It's been resolved. 

bread's done
Back