/Rant on Estarland.com/

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm angry and will never use Estarland.com again. I've bought a couple things from them (both in stock) that were later cancelled (a couple weeks later) saying they no longer carried/had the game.

Recently I used the credit I had (they didn't refund my purchase, they simply gave me store credit, which is CRAP) to purchase a NEW/SEALED copy of Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

To my surprise I received the game (roughly two weeks later) and the cover art was completely crumpled within the plastic casing. After I got over the anger from this (I LOVE this game), I decided that I could live with it. I decided I could fix it by opening the game and laying the cover art inside a VERY heavy book (CPA Exam review books) or two. Upon opening the case and pulling out the cover art I then realized there were TWO rips in the cover art...

Grrr...I'm so angry that I'm going to have to try to buy an RE 4 Wii cover art somehow now...I will NEVER use that horrid website again...

\\End rant

I have spent thousands of dollars with them and never had a problem. They get 90% of my video game dollars. Sounds just like bad luck to me.

You can always print out a new cover online, or talk to their live chat about an exchange.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I have spent thousands of dollars with them and never had a problem. They get 90% of my video game dollars. Sounds just like bad luck to me.

You can always print out a new cover online, or talk to their live chat about an exchange.[/quote]

Interesting. I thought it was bad luck with one experience and then I had 3 more. Maybe they just hate me. Glad to hear it hasn't been this way for everyone. I wish I would have thought of calling in prior to opening it, however I already opened it so I'm probably screwed.

[quote name='rodeojones903']It never hurts to try. Talk to one of the live chat agents.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I use them from time to time also. Whenever I had a problem, the live chat agents have always been helpful. As a matter of fact, I purchased Lost Planet, about a week ago and found out that it has been backordered. I sent them an email this morning requesting to cancel the order. I will let you know how long it will take for some action.

Among other problems, I sent them a LOAD of games and systems and they screwed me big time. They said I sent them 3 empty game cases (which was BS) and I asked them to send them back to me. That was 6 months ago. They screwed me out of alot of credit to say the least.

Their "LIVE" Help consists of 2 people both of which did nothing to help me out. I was going to submit a complaint @ the Better Business Bureau, and I still may.

I RECOMMEND YOU STAY FAR AWAY FROM ESTARLAND!!!

That's total bullshit that they wouldn't refund your money. It's not like you were trying to return an item or something like that. You got absolutely nothing for your $ to begin with.

if one of your friends works at a GS/EB go to them and exchange the cover art....or infact just ask if you can exchange the case and the cover art with yours. I did it at my local GS for Chrome Hounds..as long as they have a cover for the display..i dont think they care much for it.

i have never had any problems with them, trade-ins or purchases...and the cover art problem sounds more like a manufacture problem rather then the retailer's fault...

I have dealt with them multiple times in the past couple of months....their customer service has been superb...just my 2 cents.....

Me and my cousin used to use them quite a lot and had no problems. Well, except for the time my cousin traded in a Saturn and they said it didn't work, but that was more likely the fault of the local Post Office.

You have to talk to them on the phone to get any results, live chat and email seem to be run by David Spade in those Capital One commercials. They are far more willing to resolve issues once you're actually speaking to them, no problem at all.

I had a major problem with an order that email and live chat were stonewalling me on. Once I called, they took care of it immediately, no hassle. Be polite and professional, and everything will turn out just fine.

A few years ago, I ordered a Time Crisis game for the PS2. After a few weeks and no game, I used Live Chat. They were useless, so I called them up.

Long story short, they offered to replace the game at 50% of cost. Since I didn't want to pay for the game again, I took it up with my credit card company. Two months later I got my money back.

No more Estarland for me.

No store should charge your credit card for something, not ship the item, then give you store credit rather than credit back your card. That is robbery in my opinion and you should have contacted your credit card company (though it's probably too late now since you got the RE4 from them).

Thanks for the warning about them, though. Another website to stay far away from.

[quote name='cranguy']That's total bullshit that they wouldn't refund your money. It's not like you were trying to return an item or something like that. You got absolutely nothing for your $ to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure it says right in the FAQ about trading in games that they will not return you any games they dont deem to be in good enough quality. I traded in a whole bunch of games about a year ago (all my games I couldnt make any money off on amazon.com) They accepted them all and the whole process was quick and painless.

Maybe they have changed since I did business with them. Although I never had a problem with buyrite either, so maybe I am just lucky.

[quote name='musha666']Im pretty sure it says right in the FAQ about trading in games that they will not return you any games they dont deem to be in good enough quality. [/QUOTE]
It says the exact opposite.

"If for any reason your trade-ins are not accepted, they may be returned to you upon request at your expense within 2 weeks of store receiving."

bread's done
Back