Rare dreamcast games

i picked up sonic adventure le for 3 dollars, what is deal with this game was it a pack in or what
also got powerstone 2 today for 2.50

[quote name='Amano']And I also have to ask... Guilty Gear X (US) is fairly rare, right? I can't find it on eBay hardly at all, and I was told it was going for over $150 a couple of years ago. I must own this, but I can't seem to find it for prices below the cost of my soul (whatever that is).[/QUOTE]
GGX never came out for the DC in the US.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']powerstone is only 2.99 and powerstone 2 is only 5.99. Anyone who pays more is getting rip.[/QUOTE]
I call bullshit. You can't post something like that without backing it up:bs:

[quote name='62t']the only guilty gear x released in us is for ps2

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00005RL3Y/all/qid=1129530544/sr=8-6/ref=pd_bbs_6a/002-7516389-4706453?s=videogames

about $15 for a used copy, but $60 for brand new.[/QUOTE]

Have it. Also see the GBA release. But I'm damn near positive I saw it available in stores, I know people that at least "say" they have a US copy, and GameFAQs has a US release "year", along with a bunch of reviews of the domestic version. Not to mention I've seen it on many CAG members collection lists.

I hope I'm not crazy.

I have sonic adventure which I got for free, typing of the dead I was still able to find new sealed for less then $10, the keyboard cost me a happy meal and nominal gas money in exchange for it from a friend who didn't need it anymore, heh.
I also have a strange game called "illbreed" which is..strange. One of these days I'll pick up soul calibur also, which doesn't seem rare but I enjoy it.

and I'd LOVE to get a copy of giga wing!! :bouncy:

*gasp!* shooter with storyline! *gasp!*

heehee....so good but so silly...I do love it anyway.

[quote name='tauruskatt']I have sonic adventure which I got for free, typing of the dead I was still able to find new sealed for less then $10, the keyboard cost me a happy meal and nominal gas money in exchange for it from a friend who didn't need it anymore, heh.
I also have a strange game called "illbreed" which is..strange. One of these days I'll pick up soul calibur also, which doesn't seem rare but I enjoy it.

and I'd LOVE to get a copy of giga wing!! :bouncy:

*gasp!* shooter with storyline! *gasp!*

heehee....so good but so silly...I do love it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Gigawing is available at Videogamedepot for $23.00 used.

http://www.videogamedepot.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=3700007032D01UYY

Shipping is a little high, I but I have ordered from them on four occasions and have been pleased each time.

Seems I have most of the games in this thread. I like them all too much to sell them (although some of my lesser titles did get traded in last year). I'd say these are some favorites in my collection (regardless of rarity, but you pretty much have to go online now for these) are:

* Rez (import - much easier to buy than the PS2 version)
* Shenmue 2 (import - better than the first, great packaging too)
* Bangai-O (I love this game. It's very addictive 2D shooting fun)
* Record of Lodoss War (unfortunately, I don't have full packaging for this - not a bad action-RPG)
* Crazy Taxi 2 (not rare, but fun to play)
* Mars Matrix (great solid shooter, nice gameplay.)
* Ikaruga (import - I hear even the GC version is hard to find for cheap?)
* Gigawing 1 and 2 (short but fun shooters, eccentric characters)
* Grandia II (better than PS2 version)
* Power Stone 1 and 2 (typical fast-paced, colorful dreamcast fun)

.. and of course the Sonic games. This list just goes on and on... I'd better stop. Wow, I love my Dreamcast.

Didn't read the thread but would like to point out all dreamcast are rare to some point besides the sega sports games, of course though some are rarer than the others :D.

I hate to break it to you but i just picked up GigaWing in mint condition from the EB 50% off sale for 5 bucks.

Edit: I just checked the official list put out by Sega of all the DC US releases and Guilty GEar is NOT on it

Random questions:

1.) What on earth is Gigawing about? We use to have copies in our store (we might still have one), but I never got a chance to check it out.

2.) Which King of Fighters Dreamcast installment is the superior in your opinion? I've got Garou, which I love to death, but I just got back into KoF with 2003 and was hoping to play a good Dreamcast one. Recommendations?

well you got 2 choice if you are looking at KoF with US release. Dreamatch (actually 98) and Evoultion (actually 99) both are good games but generally people like 98 a little better. Personally i like 99 but you can also get that on PSOne. If you are looking to import you can get KoF 2000, 01, and 02. i would get 2000 just because that the last game snk worked on.

[quote name='Amano']Random questions:

1.) What on earth is Gigawing about? We use to have copies in our store (we might still have one), but I never got a chance to check it out.

2.) Which King of Fighters Dreamcast installment is the superior in your opinion? I've got Garou, which I love to death, but I just got back into KoF with 2003 and was hoping to play a good Dreamcast one. Recommendations?[/QUOTE]

1) it's a 2d scrolling shooter, it's good. one of my favorites because of the funny little inbetween story line it has between the different captains (which make no sense really, maybe a bad translation)

2) um, i don't know...someone else knows more then I, I'm sure.

Kuma, don't be sorry to break it to us, I've never spent a lot of time looking for it, now with the sale I guess I've got a reason to go search.

[quote name='62t']well you got 2 choice if you are looking at KoF with US release. Dreamatch (actually 98) and Evoultion (actually 99) both are good games but generally people like 98 a little better. Personally i like 99 but you can also get that on PSOne. If you are looking to import you can get KoF 2000, 01, and 02. i would get 2000 just because that the last game snk worked on.[/QUOTE]

I did play KoF '99 Evo on PS1 - enjoyed it a fair amount. Any major difference between that and '98 Dream Match?

also tech romancer was pretty rare game. man i still have some of the great games on dreamcast

marvel vs capcom 1 and 2
project justice
power stone 2
metropolis street racer (before it became project gotham racing)

Whats the big deal about Bangai-O? i just remembered my friend gave me a copy of that game for free, its lying around here somewhere, but i never played it. just put it away.

*huggles*

(all actual copies)

Phantasy Star Online 1 and v2 (now playing PSO: Blue Burst - psobb.com)
King of Fighters Evolution
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 (import) with fan disc
Marvel vs Capcom 1
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Street Fighter 3: Double Impact
Project Justice
Power Stone
King of Fighter Dream Match 99 (import)
Soul Calibur
Last Blade 2
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
Mars Matrix
Gundam Side Storey 0079: RIse from the Ashes (1 opened, 1 sealed)_
Metropolis Street Racer
Bagai-O (2 opened but in uber condition)
Virtual ON: Oratoria Tangram**** (2 copies and 2 adapters with TWO PAIRS OF SATURN VOOT TWIN STICKS****
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1, 2
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Deep Fighter
Alient Front Online
Gunbird 2
Toy Commander
Sonic Adventure 1,2
Heavy Metal Geomatrix
Spawn
Space Channel 5 w/ music cd
Shenmue I (reg. edition)
Shenmue I (USA limited edition)
Shenmue I (PAL edition)
Shenmue I (JPN edition)
Shenmue II (PAL edition)
Shenmue II (JPN limited edition)

And 1 count Agetec arcade fighting stick

This won't count, but I also bought Shenmue IIx for the Xbox at launch - though I'll never ever own a Microsoft console.

I own most of the other games, but they were gotten thru illegitimate means.

[quote name='Amano']Random questions:

2.) Which King of Fighters Dreamcast installment is the superior in your opinion? I've got Garou, which I love to death, but I just got back into KoF with 2003 and was hoping to play a good Dreamcast one. Recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Well, as far as domestic releases Dreammatch 99, which was already pointed out as being 98, is by far the superior. Thats not to say that 99 Evo isnt good, its actually great, but some people would argue that 98 is the greatest fighting game ever made. Its definatly in the top 5.

Garou is part of the Fatal Fury series and is by far the best instalment.

If youre looking to import I have to HIGHLY recommend 2002, which is just behind 98. Some people will argue its better. 2000 is also a very good choice. 2001 is definatly the black sheep of the series, but still a worthy game.

[quote name='dios']Whats the big deal about Bangai-O? i just remembered my friend gave me a copy of that game for free, its lying around here somewhere, but i never played it. just put it away.[/QUOTE]

Man if you own that game then you must play it. It's the craziest shooter I've ever played and it has like 30+ levels.

[quote name='adrianchan56']Hmmm isn't mark of the wolves rare too?[/QUOTE]

I have a disc-only copy of that... that doesn't frickin' work! *pounds head on table* I can't figure out if it's never run cuz I have a crappy DC or if it's truly defective... I don't know anyone else with a DC I can test-run on...

I don't understand what the big deal about PowerStone is. I own it, and I don't like it. I'd trade it, but it was a gift from my parents.

I personally haven't seen Toy Commander around that much. It's a great, and difficult game.

Dreamcast never enjoyed the big store displays that PSone and PS2 did when it was out, and since DC was discontinued, even used games have become hard to come by locally. Most of my local stores (EB, Gamestop, etc.) don't carry DC games at all now. You almost have to go online to buy them anymore. :cry:

i got Virtual On: ontario tangram complete at gamecrazy during their Buy 3 for $15 on classic games. i also got disc only copies of Sword of the Berzerk and RoLW, and a complete copy of Sonic Adventure 2.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I have a disc-only copy of that... that doesn't frickin' work! *pounds head on table* I can't figure out if it's never run cuz I have a crappy DC or if it's truly defective... I don't know anyone else with a DC I can test-run on...[/QUOTE]

If you have a Game Crazy near you, most have a DC system set up for demos. Or call first to find out if one near you does infact have a demo DC up. Plus, standard in all those stores are professional disc buffing machines that can make that disc look flawless if the operator knows what he/she's doing. So if it is your disc, you can always chance it through the machine; if it wasn't working before, there's not much to lose. Just a suggestion though.

I'd import but it costs a little too much for the initial payment of the equipment needed on top of what the games normally run. Does KoF 2002 have King though? I poked through the PS2 version pretty quickly (was in a hurry), and I don't think I saw her. I'll cry angry tears of ultimate destruction she isn't in there.

But thanks for the suggestions on Dream Match. I'll probably start hunting for that with my next paycheck.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i got Virtual On: ontario tangram complete at gamecrazy during their Buy 3 for $15 on classic games. i also got disc only copies of Sword of the Berzerk and RoLW, and a complete copy of Sonic Adventure 2.[/QUOTE]

And most of the games I own for my DC are from that sale. Those prices were a buttload better than my employee discount. Got some awesome stuff from it. I wish we'd have another.

bread's done
Back